Baseball

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Baseball

Post by Tree » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:07 pm

Is Elle going to be an all-star this year?
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:40 am

So, I've been a tax accountant for 34 years until this year. All this time I've been unable to go to Spring training because of tax season. My plan, this year, was to keep it simple. Drive down there and camp out of the back of my truck at some campground, truck stop, or rest area and attend a game every day, possibly two. Of course when word of it got out that I'm heading to Florida in March, family comes in and wants to horn in on this trip. First, my wife, who doesn't like long drives or baseball games, has been trying to subtly make me feel guilty about going, but I have been ignoring her because I know what she's trying to do, which I don't want. She finally came out yesterday and said, "I want to go". Fuck, this means flights and hotel. Allegiant fares aren't bad, but accommodations down there this time of year is pretty steep. I have to get near the beach because she is not going to the games. Then my child in CT finds out, who also doesn't want to attend games, wants to come down, too. She makes enough to pay her own way, but now I have to find an airbnb, which is crazy hard down there.

Now, something that I've been looking forward to for years is becoming drudgery. I'm beginning to understand why old men are always pissed.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:26 pm

sardis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:40 am So, I've been a tax accountant for 34 years until this year. All this time I've been unable to go to Spring training because of tax season. My plan, this year, was to keep it simple. Drive down there and camp out of the back of my truck at some campground, truck stop, or rest area and attend a game every day, possibly two. Of course when word of it got out that I'm heading to Florida in March, family comes in and wants to horn in on this trip. First, my wife, who doesn't like long drives or baseball games, has been trying to subtly make me feel guilty about going, but I have been ignoring her because I know what she's trying to do, which I don't want. She finally came out yesterday and said, "I want to go". Fuck, this means flights and hotel. Allegiant fares aren't bad, but accommodations down there this time of year is pretty steep. I have to get near the beach because she is not going to the games. Then my child in CT finds out, who also doesn't want to attend games, wants to come down, too. She makes enough to pay her own way, but now I have to find an airbnb, which is crazy hard down there.

Now, something that I've been looking forward to for years is becoming drudgery. I'm beginning to understand why old men are always pissed.
I feel your pain. Some of my best vacations in my life, I was a bachelor travelling alone doing what I wanted to do. Hunting, camping, fishing, long road trips and living out of a cooler, men can truly enjoy the Top Ramen vacation if it is wherever they want to be.

Women do not generally understand this. Women generally think, in order to enjoy yourself you MUST spend money. They do not understand how men can enjoy themselves spending next to nothing.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:33 pm

We don't fly Allegiant because they are notorious about leaving your ass stranded somewhere
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:39 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:33 pm We don't fly Allegiant because they are notorious about leaving your ass stranded somewhere
Exactly.

You don't fly Allegiant for the same reason why you don't fly Spirit or Frontier, they can't guarantee that the flight you book will fly. They can't guarantee it because they can't guarantee that they will have a crew to fly you. When Southwest, United, American, and Delta start hiring, they hire from Spirit, Allegient, and Frontier. And then there is no crew for you.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:07 pm

sardis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:40 am So, I've been a tax accountant for 34 years until this year. All this time I've been unable to go to Spring training because of tax season. My plan, this year, was to keep it simple. Drive down there and camp out of the back of my truck at some campground, truck stop, or rest area and attend a game every day, possibly two. Of course when word of it got out that I'm heading to Florida in March, family comes in and wants to horn in on this trip. First, my wife, who doesn't like long drives or baseball games, has been trying to subtly make me feel guilty about going, but I have been ignoring her because I know what she's trying to do, which I don't want. She finally came out yesterday and said, "I want to go". Fuck, this means flights and hotel. Allegiant fares aren't bad, but accommodations down there this time of year is pretty steep. I have to get near the beach because she is not going to the games. Then my child in CT finds out, who also doesn't want to attend games, wants to come down, too. She makes enough to pay her own way, but now I have to find an airbnb, which is crazy hard down there.

Put your damn foot down. This is YOUR dream, not theirs.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:13 pm

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:24 am

In the face of history being against me, I still can’t wait for the Pirates to play. Yeah, odds are by August, they’ll be done……but, then again, maybe not.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:50 am

you gotta have hope

Findlay Market has started preparations for opening day here
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:50 am

sardis wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:24 am In the face of history being against me, I still can’t wait for the Pirates to play. Yeah, odds are by August, they’ll be done……but, then again, maybe not.
It's baseball. I'm already watching spring training games.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:18 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:23 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:38 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:23 am

late to the game but baseball may have a scandal they desperately want to sweep under the rug

from twitter

A rough timeline:

- Ohtani rep goes on record W/ESPN stating Ohtani transferred $4.5MM himself to bookmaker on behalf of Ippei.

- Spokesperson for Ohtani delivers Ippei to ESPN for statement. Ippei says Ohtani NEVER bet & felt bad for him & paid off his debt so he’d never do it again.

-Spokesperson for Ohtani says Ippei is lying after he gives his 90 minute statement to ESPN.

-Ohtani’s lawyers claim “massive theft”.

-Ippei then says Ohtani had zero knowledge of his debt or his gambling habit in general.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:26 am

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:33 pm

The honorable thing to do would be to commit hari-kari.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:04 pm

Doubt he’d ever root for the Cubbies.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:37 pm

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:24 am

Goddamn, Rose is 82? He looks great...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:54 pm

He looks stoned