Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:17 am

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Are Meyer and Ohio State scheduled to play Saban and Bama soon? That would explain the timing of the bombshell.

From now on, when someone says, "Free Shoes University," they may not be referring to Florida State.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 am

It's a bullshit rule. Fuck the NCAA.

Yes, the kids were stupid and knowingly violated the rules, but that's such a bullshit rule.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 am

Crybaby

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 am

Never heard of cooperative educational exchange programs beore. Didn't know you could play for a team while enrolled at a different school.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/ ... 950918002/

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 am

no one will complain about a kid taking engineering at a school down the road

a kid taking Sports Communication at Wilson County Community college while playing for Duke will get some attention.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Durham Tech: Producing Dook Basketball's Finest Since 2000!
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Apparently, there is a high school quarterback in Texas named General Booty. General Booty is listed as a pro-style quarterback in the Class of 2021, which makes him a high school sophomore this upcoming season. Booty is a third generation football player, so the lineage is there for success. His father, Abram Booty, caught eight touchdown passes at LSU from 1997-2000.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:20 pm

must be a boy named sue mentality to that name

wonder if general has a sister

ring her up for a booty call

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm

They are a huge football family. Abram's older brother, Josh, played baseball (mostly minors, but did get a cup of coffee) first, then QB for LSU football. Was drafted in the NFL, but mainly was on practice squads. There is another brother, John David, who played QB for USC and won a couple of Rose Bowls, he was drafted too. Again, mainly worked with the practice squad.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:30 pm

With a name like "General Booty" I bet he goes to LSU. They are famous for players with unusual names. General might even start spelling his last name "Boutee."

He already outranks Major Ogilvie and Major Applewhite.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:33 am

Louisiana has had it share of unique players. He didn't play for LSU but Bobby Boucher did help the Mud Dogs win the Bourbon Bowl because he didn't hold anything back.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:01 am

you can do it!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:41 pm

LSU football roster full of unique names

The names of LSU football players are some of the most often-used words in Baton Rouge each fall.

Good luck pronouncing some of them, as the Tigers’ roster is littered with uncommon, confounding and quirky names.

From Mettenberger to Mingo, Jermauria to Jerqwinick and Aghayere to A’Trey-U, they seem to be in unlimited supply at LSU, frequently toggling between first and last name.

“Every road venue we go to, I have to go over about a dozen pronunciations with the opposing radio guys,” said LSU Associate Sports Information Director Bill Martin. “You have to spell them out very clearly or they won’t get it.”

Players unanimously touted freshman safety Jerqwinick Sandolph as the leader of LSU’s All-Name Team.

“Everybody, all the trainers and the staff, just calls him JQ,” said junior defensive end Barkevious Mingo. “Not to be confused with GQ, because he’s not smooth like that.”

Fellow first-name oddity junior linebacker Lamin Barrow said Sandolph’s name has a mystical yet appropriate quality to it.

“It just fits him,” Barrow said. “If I had to guess his name, I’d probably say something silly like Jerqwinick. That name is him — a funny guy for a funny name.”

Sandolph is better known on the team as “Thumbsucker,” according to players. He’s not alone, as nicknames often ring out in the Tigers locker room.

Freshman linebacker Kwon Alexander is “Q-Tip.” Mingo is famously known as “KeKe.” Sophomore La’el Collins calls freshman Trai Turner, “Twinkletoes,” because of a penchant for walking on his toes. Senior Josh Dworaczyk refers to junior Bennie Logan as “Mad Dog.”

It’s commonplace on the LSU football team for a given name to sound like nickname.

Take sophomore defensive tackle Ego Ferguson.

“I just found out that’s his real name a few months back,” Barrow said. “For the longest time now, I’ve thought Ego was just a nickname. It’s still funny to me.”

Ferguson said he doesn’t know the origin of his name, only that it runs in the family.

“You’d have to ask my pops,” he said. “I don’t know what his parents were thinking, naming him that. He decided to put that burden on me, too.”

Ferguson said the name used to draw more attention when has was younger, admitting kids used to call him “Eggo,” like the frozen waffle brand.

It also inspired a comical high school incident on the gridiron.

“This guy across the line from me started singing real weird, like dancing and singing a song like ‘My Big Ego’ or something,” Ferguson said. “I thought he looked kind of effeminate. I just laughed … but then I hit him on the next play.”

The important question, though: Does he have a big ego?

Barrow said no, but sophomore defensive end Jermauria Rasco said the charming arrogance eventually reveals itself.

“When you get to know him, he definitely does,” Rasco said, chiding Ferguson, who was standing next to him. “He likes to brag a little.”

The name Dworaczyk — pronounced “Duh-ross-ick” — is most notable for its consonants and gave LSU coach Les Miles fits early in his career.

“When Les came to New Iberia to recruit me, he asked me several times how to pronounce it,” Dworaczyk said. “Now he, Coach Studrawa and even Coach Ensminger will get bold and dare use my last name when they yell during practice.”

Martin said LSU officials reach out to first-hand sources before clearing the official pronunciation with senior associate sports information director Bill Franques.

“We contact high school coaches or their families to make sure we get them right,” Martin said. “We know if they’re confusing to us, other people will need help.”

Even with dozens of magnificent names, one has achieved fame far beyond campus.

Mingo has become a household name in college football, even earning the title, “Imperial Intergalactic Overlord Barkevious Mingo” last year from Sports Illustrated’s Andy Staples.

Mingo has little preference between his given name and “KeKe,” but said he’s encountered surprisingly few spelling or pronunciation issues, perhaps because of his burgeoning popularity.

“As long as I’ve played, everybody’s kind of magically been able to get it right,” he said. “I keep expecting someone to mess up. I hear that a lot with the other names on this team. We got some good ones.”

http://www.lsunow.com/sports/football/l ... 0f31a.html

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:35 am

Urb
Attachments
2gegoc.jpg
2gegoc.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 254 times

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:16 pm

That's an original meme. I can't believe I haven't received any huzzahs for it.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:10 am

You're a throwback to an older, simpler time, Stu...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:46 am

Pepperidge Farms remembers

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:47 am

I was thinking about an older, simpler time when you could make jokes about violence towards women (amongst other things) and not be expelled from the human race...

(Waiting for it...)
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

The Gray Ghost
Senior

Post by The Gray Ghost » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:11 am

Well you can present it as rap and you'll get a free pass.