Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 am

"in an attempt to incite violence against people exercising their first amendment rights"

Seems like these kneeling football players have incited a bunch of verbal violence against themselves simply for exercising their first amendment rights...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm

As you know, but are choosing to ignore, the first amendment only protects the kneelers from being punished by the government for speech. It does not protect them against being punished by their private employers in a private business.

Just like the first amendment doesn't protect this idiot fire chief from being canned for his "free speech," even on his own time, at his own home, on facebook:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1709260139

You say stupid stuff like that, you deserve to get fired.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:47 pm

From Newsweek May 18, 1970

Not one of the four dead had been closer than 75 feet to the troops who had killed them—and there was not the slightest suggestion that they had been singled out as targets because of anything they had done. Indeed, all available evidence indicated that the four dead students were probably innocent bystanders:

•Sandy Scheuer, 20, of Youngstown, Ohio, had been searching for a lost dog on campus only shortly before the shooting, and a friend said she was on her way to a speech-therapy class when she was hit. "Sandy must have thought it was over and stood up," said Sharon Swanson. "I saw her lying there, hit in the neck."
•William Schroeder, 19, of Lorain, Ohio, an ROTC member, was watching "mainly because he was curious," according to fellow psychology student Gene Pekarik.
•Allison Krause, 19, of the Pittsburgh area, was walking with her boyfriend to a class when the firing began. "She had just stopped to look around and see what was happening," said a fellow student.
•Jeffrey Glenn Miller, 20, of Plainview, New York, who looked most like a radical, had carefully steered clear of the jumpy campus the night before and had told his mother by telephone: "Don't worry, I'm not going to get hurt.... You know me, I won't get that involved." Miller's connection with the militants with third-hand at best, judging by a mysterious note from a friend found later in his room. "I guess I missed you again," it said. "My friends from Michigan are on their way here to start some trouble. I'll look for you later."

http://www.newsweek.com/my-god-theyre-k ... ate-328108

A pretty good article and it gives a sense of the mood of the country at that time. As for the Ohio National Guard, nobody was ever prosecuted (or even relieved of command as far as I could tell). There's an interesting footnote that not a single guardsman got so much as a scratch that day.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Nick Saban was a student at Kent State and was on campus that day, but that was before he developed super powers.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:58 pm

An older Nick Saban would have made all the rifles jam using only his thoughts.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:12 am

the footage on Vietnam episode 7 made it ;look like the company was running up a hill when about 6 or 8 soldiers just turned around unexpectedly and fired. never dug into it but those pictures made it look like a squad leader gave the order for the trailing squad to turn around and fire--course after reading the article who knows why they turned and fired. certainly should have been brought up on some kind of investigation--sounds like no individual ever were

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 am

The NFL kneelers, BLM, and the American Left, are protesting blacks being killed by white police officers without justification. They would have us believe that this is some vast national epidemic. That narrative is totally false, according to the latest FBI crime statistics:
Hard Data, Hollow Protests
FBI crime figures paint a very different picture of crime and policing than this weekend’s demonstrations suggest.

The FBI released its official crime tally for 2016 today, and the data flies in the face of the rhetoric that professional athletes rehearsed in revived Black Lives Matter protests over the weekend.

In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The Post categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest. Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers—committed vastly and disproportionately by black males.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/hard- ... 15458.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:42 am

last night I was listening to the news and the person asked "what would the reaction be if the football players were protesting the Mexican flag, if there was some opportunity for them to do so?

I thought it was a good question because it would seem to me there would be a noticeable change in tone for those who support protesting the American flag. The narrative changes to validating why they would be protesting versus their right to protest .
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:46 am

Who is protesting the flag?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:51 am

Saint wrote:Who is protesting the flag?
anthem , flag whatever
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:03 am

They aren't protesting the anthem or the flag. They are using that time to protest other bullshit going on in the world.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:22 am

Cletus wrote:They aren't protesting the anthem or the flag. They are using that time to protest other bullshit going on in the world.
yea, sell that to the public at large

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:34 am

Yeah, b/c the public is always right...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:37 am

Arent they protesting during the anthem because wearing socks about cops being pigs didnt seem to resonate well?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:44 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Nick Saban was a student at Kent State and was on campus that day, but that was before he developed super powers.
Nick Saban was Jack Lambert's little bitch at Kent State.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:53 pm

eCat wrote:
Cletus wrote:They aren't protesting the anthem or the flag. They are using that time to protest other bullshit going on in the world.
The reason for protesting is pretty clear as is the reason people want to think it's a protest against the flag or military veterans. They have decided that's what it is and so that's what it is.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:
The reason for protesting is pretty clear as is the reason people want to think it's a protest against the flag or military veterans. They have decided that's what it is and so that's what it is.

ok

seems an irrelevant point in the larger picture but whatever.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:The NFL kneelers, BLM, and the American Left, are protesting blacks being killed by white police officers without justification. They would have us believe that this is some vast national epidemic. That narrative is totally false, according to the latest FBI crime statistics:
Hard Data, Hollow Protests
FBI crime figures paint a very different picture of crime and policing than this weekend’s demonstrations suggest.

The FBI released its official crime tally for 2016 today, and the data flies in the face of the rhetoric that professional athletes rehearsed in revived Black Lives Matter protests over the weekend.

In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The Post categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest. Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers—committed vastly and disproportionately by black males.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/hard- ... 15458.html
LMAO Some ditz cherry picks data that has no relevance - "in 2015 a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a (armed) black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer". Makes as much sense as saying you're 18 times more likely to drown in a pool that has water in it than if the pool was empty. Police officers aren't being killed by unarmed blacks, whereas unarmed blacks (and whites, and Hispanics) ARE being killed by the police.

Here's a stat: a black male killing a police officer is 866,485 times more likely to be convicted than a police officer killing a black male (armed or otherwise).
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:42 pm

So they aren't protesting the flag or the anthem, but they are only protesting during the anthem and presentation of the flag? Good luck selling that argument. Plus, you'd better get word to the NYT and Charles Blow. He wrote today that the flag is "drenched in our blood."

And they aren't protesting all the other bullshit going on in the world, like North Korea or hurricanes. They are protesting white cops shooting unarmed black people in particular, and American racism in general. Duh,
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:50 pm

LMAO Some ditz cherry picks data that has no relevance - "in 2015 a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a (armed) black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer". Makes as much sense as saying you're 18 times more likely to drown in a pool that has water in it than if the pool was empty. Police officers aren't being killed by unarmed blacks, whereas unarmed blacks (and whites, and Hispanics) ARE being killed by the police.
Totally and completely untrue:
In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The Post categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.”

Sixteen. In a country of 300 million people. According to the the Washington Post. Boom. Right there.

There is NO widespread epidemic of white cops killing black people for no good reason. None. Just like the mother of all hoaxes - "Hands up don't shoot." Remember that? Despite all the mass media/liberal hysteria, It didn't happen. At all. Even Obama's own Attorney General said so. And you KNOW he wanted fry that cop, but the evidence simply didn't conform to the fake narrative.

But as a hoax, it is a very useful one to Democrats. Their very existence depends on identity politics, victimization, and reparations. That's all they've got, and they will do anything to keep the con going.