Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:48 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:06 pm

Every state representative, of all 50 state legislatures, should be required to give up 10 minutes of their lifetime and watch this

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:20 pm

"Why don't they just not get divorced then if there's no fault."

bahahahaha

IB finally found a Youtuber dumber than himself.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:49 pm

Tree wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:20 pm "Why don't they just not get divorced then if there's no fault."

bahahahaha

IB finally found a Youtuber dumber than himself.
Michael Knowles' IQ is at least 30 points higher than yours, brah
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:33 pm

He does appear to have a high Idiot Quief index, brah. I'll give you that.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:52 pm

you need to stop typing

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:06 am

You need to stop breathing.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:31 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:06 am You need to stop breathing.
And you need to just, stop

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:06 pm

I hope your heart does just that, stop
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:51 am

I see Wendy's is about to replace their CEO

----------------------

Wendy’s is preparing to test an “Uber-style” surge-pricing model where the cost of menu items will fluctuate throughout the day based on demand — meaning a Dave’s burger will cost more during the lunch or dinner rush.

The fast-food chain’s unappetizing plans, set to be tested in a high-stakes rollout next year, will squeeze more money out of already inflation-battered Americans who may not have the option to eat their meals during “off-peak” hours.

Wendy’s CEO Kirk Tanner announced the new system on a call with investors, noting the Ohio-based company will invest $20 million on high-tech menu boards that will be able to update prices in real-time without incurring additional overhead costs.

Come 2025, Wendy's is implementing a dynamic pricing model that will see prices fluxuate throughout the day based on demand, meaning items will cost more during the breakfast, lunch and dinner rushes.

“As we continue to show the benefit of this technology in our company-operated restaurants, franchisee interest in digital menu boards should increase further supporting sales and profit growth across the system,” said Tanner, who rose to the chief role earlier this month.

Tanner didn’t put a ceiling on how much the dynamic pricing model could spike the cost of a meal or whether the base price would actually fall during slower periods.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:09 am

Welcome to the real capitalism. It will get worse b4 it gets better.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:53 am

They should treat frostys as stocks.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:45 pm

If you are going to eat at Wendy's (not a problem), just eat at 3PM. Or 10:30 AM. Never at noon and never a 6.

Game the system.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:04 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:07 pm

actually after the backlash, they came up with some bullshit statement about dynamic pricing meaning they would lower prices, not increase them

but then that didn't work - or either pissed off the shareholders who they were trying to pump up with the $20m smart menu systems, and just said they weren't going to implement dynamic pricing at all.

I suspect they'll try and just disguise it as some kind of happy hour

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:13 pm

I saw that on the news. I'm sure they backed off because of all the backlash.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:15 pm

a couple of weeks ago we got a blender like the kind you see at bars - one those industrial kind with a timer and a pulse button.

Makes great smoothies, well from a creation part, but the first smoothie I made was just eh.. but I started experimenting, so that's what we started doing in the morning. Every morning now I make my wife a smoothie to drink on the way into work.

She loves them now , says mine are better than you buy at wherever the fuck you buy smoothies. What I don't have the heart to tell her is the reason my smoothies are so good is because I put two huge dollops of Edy's French Vanilla ice cream in them when I mix them up.

So every morning, she is essentially drinking ..oh..I'm guessing a 700 calorie fruit milkshake that she thinks is healthy

She hasn't put it together yet but we'd normally buy a half gallon of ice cream maybe once every 2 months, and often throw it out.

We're going thru a half gallon once a week now.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:20 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:13 pm I saw that on the news. I'm sure they backed off because of all the backlash.
If you're the CEO of a major corporation and you intend to introduce a time of day to lower prices for the consumer, you don't describe it as "dynamic pricing", you call it fucking happy hour or some shit like that like everyone else does.

They absolutely intended to increase, and I'm sure lower, prices, but there was no way they were planning on capping prices to what they are now.

This coming at a time when McDonalds missed their for the first time since covid stating that they peaked prices beyond consumers tolerance.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:42 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:20 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:13 pm I saw that on the news. I'm sure they backed off because of all the backlash.
If you're the CEO of a major corporation and you intend to introduce a time of day to lower prices for the consumer, you don't describe it as "dynamic pricing", you call it fucking happy hour or some shit like that like everyone else does.

They absolutely intended to increase, and I'm sure lower, prices, but there was no way they were planning on capping prices to what they are now.

This coming at a time when McDonalds missed their for the first time since covid stating that they peaked prices beyond consumers tolerance.
I think you are correct.

Wife and I don't even get any fast food nowadays. We'd rather just cook for ourselves.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:49 am

eCat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:15 pm a couple of weeks ago we got a blender like the kind you see at bars - one those industrial kind with a timer and a pulse button.

Makes great smoothies, well from a creation part, but the first smoothie I made was just eh.. but I started experimenting, so that's what we started doing in the morning. Every morning now I make my wife a smoothie to drink on the way into work.

She loves them now , says mine are better than you buy at wherever the fuck you buy smoothies. What I don't have the heart to tell her is the reason my smoothies are so good is because I put two huge dollops of Edy's French Vanilla ice cream in them when I mix them up.

So every morning, she is essentially drinking ..oh..I'm guessing a 700 calorie fruit milkshake that she thinks is healthy

She hasn't put it together yet but we'd normally buy a half gallon of ice cream maybe once every 2 months, and often throw it out.

We're going thru a half gallon once a week now.

The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm