Moderator: Jungle Rat

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Stuff I Think About

Post by 10ac » Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Yep, sorry, it's a different world without them.
Let 'er Blow!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Naw. She's been amazing. She's 73 now. Stubborn like an old Italian grandma should be. Probably just a pinched nerve making her left arm numb. She flipped me off when she woke up from the diluated cause I took her there. 10 hours later she said "Where's that black girl with my diluated?"

You can't change them at that age.

I've tried.

I tell her we now call them voters.

smeee
Junior

Post by smeee » Thu May 10, 2012 12:27 am

sorry to hear about your mum...

I pick the prettiest part of the sky and I melt into the wing and then into the air, till I'm just soul on a sunbeam. ~Richard Bach

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks

smeee
Junior

Post by smeee » Thu May 10, 2012 11:54 pm

*hugs*

I pick the prettiest part of the sky and I melt into the wing and then into the air, till I'm just soul on a sunbeam. ~Richard Bach

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 pm

No pinched nerve (which I didn't believe anyway). Tumor eating away at her neck bones. (which I had a feeling). Took her first radiation treatments today and actually had a great day. She was so funny. For a lady with advanced Parkinsons to still call the shots (or at least thinks she is) and still have the sailor mouth I grew up with is fun.

smeee
Junior

Post by smeee » Sun May 13, 2012 5:05 pm

continue to enjoy each precious second with her...she sounds like a firecracker...and i wish you all strength and courage...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 13, 2012 5:18 pm

She's one of a kind. No doubt. I set up a thread if u want to keep up. 20 years ago I went through this with my dad. I'm ready. Just gotta dust off the notes

smeee
Junior

Post by smeee » Sun May 13, 2012 9:34 pm

i'll probably cry..i just lost my "dad"...well the only one i knew...and lost my "mom" in 90...(they were actually my grandparents, but they raised me)....i suppose it's something we all have to go through...as long as we remember ...they'll never be forgotten...

i really am sorry you're going through all this...that your mom is going through all this...i wish her a peaceful ending...so she can celebrate with all her loved ones in the next chapter..

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Oh no. She's already told me she's going to make me earn the $12 bucks shes leaving me in her will. She's not going down easy.

smeee
Junior

Post by smeee » Sun May 13, 2012 11:30 pm

heh!

you're just like her..

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 14, 2012 4:53 pm

I've been having a tough time with this one.

One of the people I've been spiritually couseling told me that he just found out from his fiancee that she divorced. She said she didn't think to mention it because it was only 12 weeks of marriage and it wasn't her call, the boy just wanted out and with No Fault divorce, she couldn't stop him. So now, I have this is a very troubled, spiritual young man, who believes in the Bible as much as I do, who can't reconcile a life with this lovely young lady because of Luke 16:18. I mean God's word is right there, black and white, clear as crystal. I know the two of them and I know how much they love one another but The Law is The Law and there isn't any way I can rhetorically save their engagement.

I feel like I am failing in my calling. :(
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon May 14, 2012 4:56 pm

God must hate him
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 14, 2012 5:01 pm

aTm wrote:God must hate him
I don't know about that. I believe her when this poor girl tells me that she wanted her first marriage to work and that she did not want the divorce. But now man's law and God's Law come into direct conflict and I can't reconcile that for the young man who is hopelessly in love with this young lady.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

That's an easy fix: in Paul's teachings in Romans he says that marriage is bound by the law as long as that spouse is alive. But if the spouse dies, it's okay to remarry.

Clearly, the woman needs to kill her ex. Or they could just choose another mythology to embrace. Either way, problem solved.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon May 14, 2012 5:18 pm

I don't know about that.
So you admit that its a possibility.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 14, 2012 5:27 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:That's an easy fix: in Paul's teachings in Romans he says that marriage is bound by the law as long as that spouse is alive. But if the spouse dies, it's okay to remarry.

Clearly, the woman needs to kill her ex. Or they could just choose another mythology to embrace. Either way, problem solved.
Funny guy.

Unfortunately humor doesn't help me in this situation. This young man is about to ask for the ring back, he doesn't see any other way. He is deeply Christian.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Times are a lot different today than when Luke 16:18 was written. It is what it is, if he loves her he'll accept & forgive. If he can't, that's on him.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon May 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Tell him not to do that, I know a priest who is running a special on absolutions and indulgences.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Times are a lot different today than when Luke 16:18 was written. It is what it is, if he loves her he'll accept & forgive. If he can't, that's on him.
Oh he accepts it. Of course he accepts it, he loves her dearly. Problem is rat, there is nothing to forgive. Marriage is not a sin. Only sin can be forgiven, not marriage. So his forgiveness of her does not mean anything. If he marries her then HE will be living in sin (comitting lifelong adultry.)

He is worried about his immortal soul rat. This is serious business, eternity business.

Usually I can handle this spiritual situations but I am at my end here. I don't see anyway out for the two of them where she and I can be together (and yes AA, her former husband is very much alive.)