Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

In the NOA itself, there are quite a few places where it calls UNC-CH out for not complying with requests made. But, I thought UNC-CH was the model for NCAA cooperation?!?!
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:04 pm

UNC's 42 page NOA was larger than UT and OSU.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:11 pm

During 2009 and 2010 the institution failed to investigate information related to preferential treatment benefits and benefits from indivduals triggering NCAA agent legislation provided to football student athlete...

The institution did not adequately follow up on information indicatiing a risk of improper benefits ... when reported to ... administrators..

<DS>but, but but, we are proactive!! the ncaa loves our proactive. we're the most proactive cheaters evaar!!!!</DS>

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:12 pm

just a hint DS, when the ncaa is involved proactive doesnt mean zit cream.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 pm

10) Admitted Hedge

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 am

There were no allegations of Lack of Institutional Control. The failure to monitor involved Hawkins and the Tutor. Butch Davis was never named in the allegations. We're going to get punished, but it's not going to be too bad.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 am

the difference between LOIC and FTM is in LOIC you had no controls in place, in FTM you had controls you just didnt do anything to see that rules were followed. in other words you deliberately cheated. you knew it was wrong and did it anyway. penalties can still be sever and the investigation is not over. Wiley paid off $1700 in parking tickets while she was not employed by UNC but was working for Butch. how much was he paying her for "tutoring" his son? apparently the ncaa has not seen butch's 216 phone records.

I wish I could say it's fun watching unc integrity get shattered into a million public pieces, but this just shows you never had integrity to begin with.

I'm sure swoff will be calling a meeting of acc ad's to double ncaa penalties like he did to clemson back in 1987. he wont? oh yeah he's tar heel scum too. hypocrisy thy name is tar heel. independent investigation by the bog? forget about that too.

cheating scum.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:29 am

AugustWest wrote:I'm sure swoff will be calling a meeting of acc ad's to double ncaa penalties like he did to clemson back in 1987. he wont? oh yeah he's tar heel scum too. hypocrisy thy name is tar heel. independent investigation by the bog? forget about that too.
He was AD at Carolina then. How could he have done that if he wasn't the commissioner? Or are you saying that as our AD he asked for that? I'm just asking for clarification. That's all
AugustWest wrote:cheating scum
Well, we still have a ways to go to catch up to State's number of NCAA investigations and punishments. I guess there is something involving the NCAA that State has more history of "success" than Carolina...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 pm

ehh, no I think your 9 major infractions and counting in one investigation put you ahead of States tennis shoes and duke scholarship amateur hour.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:18 pm

I doubt you'll accept this as proof of Swoffords back stabbing but it's a start.

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.ph ... c-scandal/

http://www.thetigernews.com/news.php?aid=6459&sid=3

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Auggie, did you miss the part in there about Monte Kiffin (then head coach at Moo U...and a wildly successful one at that...) tipping off the NCAA about Clemson and the fact that State voted with Carolina--and three other schools (5 total)--to extend Clemson's probation?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:09 pm

yep, I'm ashamed that nc state went along with that bull shit. A disgrace as far as I'm concerned. definitely a black eye for State. just because State went along with it doesnt make it right. kudos to Wake for walking out in disgust

I'm even starting to get concerned about the reaction to the current debacle in chapel hill. State does have 4 reps on the BOG and so far I have not heard that any of them as questioned the handling of circus in chapel hill. no way they overcome the unc voting bloc, but it should be on record that State is demanding equal treatment for unc. as I've said many times before State is often it's worst enemy and appears to be helpless in the face of unc's stern gaze of disapproval. as a school we are textbook battered wife syndrome.

Hannibal
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:40 am

UNC appears to have avoided LOIC by appearing contrite and by firing John Blake immediately. i.e. Butch Davis didn't say "Fire John Blake? I hope he doesn't fire me!" Plus, $27,000 spread across 7 players makes them look like pikers.

I still think that the Tarheels will got a hard slap though. Maybe about 50% of USC's penalties.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:25 pm

RT @ jpgiglio: NCAA's timing is slightly off: According to Butch Davis' contract, he received $325,000 supplemental bonus payment 7 days ago
I wonder if Dickie handed him the check with his copy of the NOA.

"Hey Butch here's for doing such a great job getting to the bc...err, acc title ga...divisional tit.....acc winning recor...beating nc sta...running a clean progr....beating William and Mary by 2. yeah that's it, beating Bill and Mary. Oh and here's a nice letter from the NCAA I'm sure it's just all full of warm and fuzzies too. btw, I checked with verizon they say there's nothing wrong with the university phone I gave you when you took the job. Why is it I can never ever call you on it again?"

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:27 pm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:09 pm

The NCAA has cleared Coples.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:23 pm

How's Coples' ass taste, Auggie?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 pm

ewww. ask him if it taste like 0-3.

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Hizzy III » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Hey, Augie, what's the deal with Russell Wilson absconding to Madison to play for Bielimma? Seems like a good, responsible kid who performed well both on the field and academically. What gives?
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by dave_rickart » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 pm

"Plus, $27,000 spread across 7 players makes them look like pikers."

It's UNC football, after all..... they've been pikers for decades.
Home of the 2019 National Champions.