AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:17 pm

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/c.../story/9819870/

RALEIGH, N.C. — A former North Carolina football player has filed a lawsuit against the school and the NCAA, seeking reinstatement after being declared permanently ineligible for academic misconduct.

Defensive end Michael McAdoo is also seeking unspecified damages from the school and the NCAA, which the lawsuit accuses of "gross negligence" in ruling him ineligible based on inaccurate information. McAdoo's attorneys filed the lawsuit Friday in Durham County Superior Court.

McAdoo was one of seven players forced to sit out all of last season amid the NCAA's investigation into improper benefits and academic misconduct. The lawsuit seeks to compel chancellor Holden Thorp to reinstate McAdoo while also preventing the NCAA from interfering in the process. A hearing on that request is scheduled for July 15.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:41 pm

I guess the State players were on a bass boat on Falls Lake...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by billy bob bocephus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:50 pm

ds can't get any thing right - that was a john boat looking for catfish...

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:50 pm

...on a retention pond...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 pm

DooKSucks wrote:I guess the State players were on a bass boat on Falls Lake...

our two time national bass fishing champs sure were!!! boo yaw!!!!!
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:19 pm

DooKSucks wrote:I guess the State players were on a bass boat on Falls Lake...
I do think it's funny that DS has now progressed to making fun of NC State for not breaking ncaa rules.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:44 pm

Just remember, it is DS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:15 am

Who says that they were breaking NCAA rules? If they paid their own way to Wilmington and the boat was owned by a friend, what have they done wrong?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:59 am

how many unc basketball players would have known unc boosters with 50ft yachts before going to unc?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:33 am

God forbid black kids having families that don't living in the ghetto...

I'm sure Wes Miller knew a few people with big yachts before he arrived in Chapel Hill...heh

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 pm

I dont live in a ghetto and I dont know anybody with a 50' yacht so dont go playing the race card. any team can have a couple of players that are affluent but simple demographics show that the majority of players would not have a re-existing relationship.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:29 pm

ok, the paper that McAdoo is claiming Wiley inappropriately assisted him with his cites on is published as part of the lawsuit. Packpride has found several paragraphs so far copy and pasted from various websites without cites or quotes. they're guessing approximately 50% of the paper is outright plagiarized. apparently unc's esteemed african history professor failed to recognize a half plagiarized work and the honor court didnt care as long as they could get him back on the field asap. emails to the appropriate ncaa offices and the press are being sent even as I type. I''m sure the response from the BOG will be deafening silence as one of the State's flagship university's founders in academic and athletic filth and incompetence.

bwhahahahahahhaha!!!!

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:34 pm

hey DS are you ashamed yet? first that a guy turning in plagiarized work probably has a better gpa at unc than you did and secondly that the law school that wouldnt let you in has graduated lawyers so fucking stupid that they're presenting a plagiarized paper as an example of a students academic integrity.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 pm

DS, honest questions.. at unc do you get in trouble if you plagiarize, but get a pass if your tutor plagiarizes for you? or is that double plagiarism? if you double plagiarize do you get put on double secret probation or do you get regular probation or does your tutor get in trouble while you get to keep playing football since you really didnt do anything in the first place? if your tutor gets you a "b" can you petition to retake the class on the grounds that your new tutor can get you an "a"? if a professor ask you a question in class can you refer them to your tutor or can you just plagiarize your answer right there in class? does your buddy actually write her own articles for wral or does she have a tutor steal them from the AP for her? does every unc student have a tutor or just athletes?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:33 am

Heh.

You are--or were--selling Maytags for a living with that advanced degree from NC State that you love to brag about as being so useful.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 am

DS is no Talent

may he rest in peace

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 am

while McAdoo is no Shackelford I'd say he's definitively got "amphibious" beat. except he put this in a paper he turned in, not off the cuff in a press conference...

Pack84a
MVP
9942 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Nominate | Report

Posted: Today 12:04 AM
Re: uncch SCANDAL-7/6 McAdoo plagiarized in his tutor help paper

hambonepack wrote:(per McAdoo in his paper)Its population of about one hundred and sixty million seems enormous, yet, in comparison to the area, it is small. It is computed at fifteen to the square feet. Its races are innumerable; its dialect a vast confusion.

This part gets me every time. According to the first link I came to on Google the area of Africa is 11,608,000 square miles. Hence Africa is 323,612,467,200,000 square feet. That means there are 4,854,187,008,000,000 people living there. Almost 5 quadrillion Africans.

I'd say that's pretty enormous after all young scholar.

15 people per square foot. Let's be conservative and say your average work desk is 18 square feet. That's 270 people living on your desktop. No wonder Africans are so damned skinny. They HAVE to be.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:35 am

DooKSucks wrote:Heh.

You are--or were--selling Maytags for a living with that advanced degree from NC State that you love to brag about as being so useful.
DS I've never claimed my degree is great shakes. a history degree is typical of what one leaves unc with while the typical nc state degree involves engineering, ag sciences, design, architecture etc which makes the typical nc state degree better than the typical unc degree. the one thing I can say about my degree that it seems no one can at unc is that I earned mine. it wasnt handed to me on a platter by a bunch of corrupt professors more concerned with their seats in the nose dome than academic integrity.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:55 am

McAdoo says the following:
"Since I arrove at the University of North Carolina I have had a lot of support as a student athlete and have trusted a lot of people to help me be successful. As a freshman, I trusted the help i was give from Academic based on the information provided to be during my recruiting process... I never would have imagined my academic and athletic career would be compromised by [help from Academic]."