No. My name is Red Bird :D

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:38 pm

No, it's Annoying Cunt, Cat Lady or Annoying Cunt Cat Lady.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:45 pm

You must be thinking of someone else.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:24 am

Nope, pretty sure he is right.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 pm

You simply are not thinking. But Carry on, it is expected.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:24 pm

It appears that one UNC football player accrued 93 parking tickets under nine license plate numbers between October 2007 and August 2009, according to parking records UNC released today and a database search of the University’s Department of Public Safety website.

The website’s database, which students and employees can use to pay parking fines, allows users to link multiple plate numbers or citation numbers to accounts that still have unpaid fines.

Three of the player’s tickets have not been paid, according to the database search. He was given the tickets between Oct. 22, 2007 and Aug. 24, 2009, according to the records, which do not link the players’ names to plate numbers.

The plates in question corresponded to cars including a gray Dodge, a gray Nissan, a black Acura, a black Honda and a green BMW, according to the records.

The database search also shows that the records released are for at least five football players. The University released a statement saying that not all 11 players whose parking tickets were requested actually ever received tickets.

According to the statement, all of the cars included in the records belonged to the student, a parent, a grandparent or a fellow student.

“Student-athletes at Carolina do not receive special treatment when it comes to parking,” the statement said. “They get tickets just like any other student, faculty, staff member or visitor to campus would. The student-athletes are expected to pay their parking fines, just like any other student, faculty, staff member or visitor.”

Officials from DPS declined to answer questions about the online database, referring all questions to UNC News Services. Nancy Davis, associate vice chancellor for University relations, could not be reached for comment about the online database.

Contact the University Editor at university@dailytarheel.com
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:41 am

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/06/17/ ... z1PX2Hv8Rd

Quote :
"Although it is unclear whether Blake knew the players were training in California with former UNC teammate Kentwan Balmer, the phone records indicate that Blake and Austin were in contact while Austin was there."

Quote :
"According to the phone records, Blake made calls or texts from Westlake Village, Calif.; Thousand Oaks, Calif.; Los Angeles and more than 20 other California cities between June 28 and July 11 in 2009.

Thomas and Austin have said they went to the Proactive Sports Performance in Westlake Village, Calif. - where dozens of Wichard's clients have trained - before the start of UNC's training camp in August 2009.

A hotel receipt obtained by Yahoo! Sports, which financially links Austin to Wichard's agency, shows the dates of the players' stay in California as July 23 to Aug. 1.

Between July 20 and Aug. 3, Blake's phone records show that there were 20 calls or texts to Wichard's cellphone, 10 to Austin's and eight to Thomas'.

Blake was also in contact with Davis twice on July 28."
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:48 am

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:50 pm

The NCAA already had the stuff. Student athletes sign a FERPA waiver allowing the NCAA to gain access to any information that might otherwise be deemed protected. However, Carolina didn't want the media to get the dirty laundry, which is understandable.

We'll lose wins for the 2009 season. We'll lose a few scholarships. We'll be placed on probation. Then it will all be a distant memory.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:28 pm

oh I have no doubt unc will minimize the damage, get through their probation and continue their cheating. you guys dont know any other way to do business. at least you now admit you're cheating scum instead of trying to hold unc up as an example of the right way to do things. only took you 12 months to reach "acceptance".

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:45 pm

AugustWest wrote:oh I have no doubt unc will minimize the damage, get through their probation and continue their cheating. you guys dont know any other way to do business. at least you now admit you're cheating scum instead of trying to hold unc up as an example of the right way to do things. only took you 12 months to reach "acceptance".
Well, shit happens. No one is perfect, but all things considered, Carolina is still a fine example of a university doing things the right thing. Look at the schools who have been in trouble with the NCAA recently. None of them have been as proactive as Carolina in meeting the challenges head on throughout the process.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:18 pm

if by proactive, you mean appealing every ncaa decision, withholding why players were held out of games and how they were "cleared", paying your rogue coach to go away so the ncaa cannot interview him, not investigating your academic fraud to the point that the ncaa came back on campus and told you to either do something or they would, allowing your rogue players to attend your "pro day" and wear your helmets in senior games, telling recruits that "nothing is going to happen to unc" while the investigation is ongoing (strange how butch knows what the ncaa is going to do, but he has no clue what his best friend and asst head coach or his 13 best players were doing right down the hall,) and setting up a "sign out sheet" which your players apparently ignored. if by proactive you mean all that, then yes you've been proactive.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:26 pm

AugustWest wrote:if by proactive, you mean appealing every ncaa decision, withholding why players were held out of games and how they were "cleared", paying your rogue coach to go away so the ncaa cannot interview him, not investigating your academic fraud to the point that the ncaa came back on campus and told you to either do something or they would, allowing your rogue players to attend your "pro day" and wear your helmets in senior games, telling recruits that "nothing is going to happen to unc" while the investigation is ongoing (strange how butch knows what the ncaa is going to do, but he has no clue what his best friend and asst head coach or his 13 best players were doing right down the hall,) and setting up a "sign out sheet" which your players apparently ignored. if by proactive you mean all that, then yes you've been proactive.
1. The players have a right to appeal decisions regarding their eligibility. They were just exercising their rights, and thousands of people do it on a weekly basis in the judicial system. It's a fairly pedestrian thing to do.

2. The school has no duty to tell those not involved with the investigation why players are being suspended.

3. The NCAA can interview him. The school hasn't stopped him. If he refuses to comply, I'm sure he'll be labeled an agent or "runner" and banned from coaching at the NCAA level with a show cause order for a long length of time. He may be able to minimize the length of the all-but-guaranteed show cause to some degree if he is open. Who knows. I don't care at this point so long as it doesn't hurt Carolina any more than it already has.

4. The kids played here. So what if they wore the helmets? There was no rule against it. They made some stupid decisions, but that's not grounds for shunning them. If your parents had held you to the same standard you're trying to impose, I doubt that they would have ever talked to you after your sixteenth or seventeenth birthday.

5. What else are they supposed to do? They're just sharing their opinion about the outcome.

6. Players haven't ignored the "sign out" cheat. Coples was cleared by some low-level idiot. Butch and Baddour were livid when they found out that some idiots had cleared QC to go to the party and have acted accordingly. They're not required to tell the media how they handled it. It's none of the public's business.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:36 pm

1. The players have a right to appeal decisions regarding their eligibility. They were just exercising their rights, and thousands of people do it on a weekly basis in the judicial system. It's a fairly pedestrian thing to do.

umm yeah that proactive thing. if everybody else does it then how does that make unc "proactive"? did I miss Reggie Bush appealing losing his heisman?

2. The school has no duty to tell those not involved with the investigation why players are being suspended.

again there's that proactive we're so great bull shit you keep spinning. you dont come clean you arent honest with the public that pays for your very existance and yet you proclaim from the highest mountain how transparent you are. do you really not get this?

3. The NCAA can interview him. The school hasn't stopped him. If he refuses to comply, I'm sure he'll be labeled an agent or "runner" and banned from coaching at the NCAA level with a show cause order for a long length of time. He may be able to minimize the length of the all-but-guaranteed show cause to some degree if he is open. Who knows. I don't care at this point so long as it doesn't hurt Carolina any more than it already has.

sure they can ask,but now that he's no longer employed by unc he has no incentive toanswer any questions and he's certainly not obligated to as he would be if he was still employed. has unc instructed him to tell the ncaa what happened? oops, proactive apparently doesnt include actually telling the truth if you dont absolutely have to.

4. The kids played here. So what if they wore the helmets? There was no rule against it. They made some stupid decisions, but that's not grounds for shunning them. If your parents had held you to the same standard you're trying to impose, I doubt that they would have ever talked to you after your sixteenth or seventeenth birthday.

then why did butch himself say he was distancing them from the program, then turn around and have them at pro day etc? stupid decision? those kids deliberately took illegal benefits and committed academic fraud. they knew it was wrong and did it anyway. but I guess if you get used to having crack addicts roam your side lines for nationally televised games, then your standard every day cheat isnt such a big deal.

5. What else are they supposed to do? They're just sharing their opinion about the outcome.

their opinion is that despite getting caught committing widespread academic fraud, having an asst head coach and lead recruiter acting as a runner for an agent which is unprecedented, and arranging illegal off season training and trips there will be no penalties to unc at all? if they truely believe that I guess it's possible that butch was so fucking stupid and out of reality that he didnt know what his best friend was up to in the office right next to his.

6. Players haven't ignored the "sign out" cheat. Coples was cleared by some low-level idiot. Butch and Baddour were livid when they found out that some idiots had cleared QC to go to the party and have acted accordingly. They're not required to tell the media how they handled it. It's none of the public's business.

so after getting caught with players accepting illegal benefits of going to parties and jeopardizing the entire program a member of the staff approved a player doing the exact same thing that got the program in trouble in the first place. this is your idea of proactive? to keep doing the same thing only this time with definitive staff approval?

I swear DS sometimes you make me despair for humanity. and none of the public's business? you're a fucking public university goddammit. you do have a fucking duty to the public you claim to be serving. that's the whole problem with your stinking piece of shit university. you forgot that your mission is to serve, not be served. read your goddamn mission statement and tell me the public doesnt have the right.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 am

ok DS, I want to hear exactly what unc has done that makes them the bestest most proactive most honest and do-gooder cheaters in ncaa history. remember this has to be something they've done to aid the investigation and clear up the mess within their program that no one else has done.

aaaand go.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 am

Heh

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

The NOA has arrived. It will be released to the public once UNC officials have a chance to review the document and redact any FERPA-protected (such irony) information.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Pick a thread jackwagons.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:59 pm

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Nine "potentially major" violations.

1 - players cheated academically.

2 - a tutor provided impermissible benefits to players.

3 - tutor did not cooperate with investigators.

4 - seven football players received $27,097.38 in benefits from individuals, some of whom are agents.

5 - player lied about trips and benefits.

6 - Blake tried to influence players to sign with Wichard.

7 - Blake did not report income from Wichard.

8 - Blake lied and hid his relationship with Wichard from investigators.

9 - Failure to Monitor the football program (cites Hawkins, social networking, impermissible benefits)