Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

so Frat boys took fake classes along with athletes.

only in the mind of a UNC fan does that somehow make this right.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 am

It wasn't right, it was a black eye on the academic integrity of UNC and they have addressed and resolved the issue. But, as the NCAA ruled, with utter finality, it wasn't an athletic issue and there was no wrong-doing by the athletic department. Case closed, banners raised. Next...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 am

I'm sure there are no easy classes at UK (eyes rolling into the back of my head)...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 am

hedge wrote:I'm sure there are no easy classes at UK (eyes rolling into the back of my head)...
I'm sure there are, but if it was just an easy class, UNC wouldn't be on academic probation, wouldn't have a website dedicated to the changes they made in updating their curriculum and wouldn't have dismissed or forceably retired long time employees involved in the courses.

using the words of your AD Bubba "Is this academic fraud? Yes, it is by a normal person's standards. "
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 am

Again, nobody disputes that having such classes is unseemly, but I do dispute your implication that it was the classes themselves and not the vast media attention that put them in the spotlight that led to the needed tweaks that you referenced, which is a good thing. But if we were just sitting in here swapping stories (as we have done) about easy classes that we took at college, it would be nothing but a bit of guffawing and backslapping and "yeah, we all did that" kind of thing. But when it turns out some athletes also took some of these classes, it turns into a media circus and based solely on that rival fans start yapping.

If athletes weren't involved in this, you wouldn't even think twice about it, you don't care about easy classes being offered at UNC or anywhere else (certainly not at UK), you just want to see Carolina athletics suffer. And that's understandable, that's what fans do, but don't pretend that you give a shit about academic rigor, b/c you don't, although again, I completely understand why you would jump on any moralistic bandwagon as long as it served your purpose of hurting the athletic department of a rival program.

Also, it's pretty obvious that fans of a school that has historically been one of the most rightly maligned and crooked basketball programs in the history of basketball programs would jump at any opportunity to turn the spotlight away from themselves and vent their decades of butt hurt onto a rival program. So I get that...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:45 am

weak

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Indisputable...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:59 pm

So now Pitino is suing Adidas for intentional infliction of emotional harm...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Why won't Stu write an editorial like this? And this is from a paper that is even deeper into NCState territory and with less circulation than the rag Stu works for...

NCAA follows own rules, accepts that UNC athletics didn’t break theirs

There was a mix of celebration and a sigh of relief emanating from Chapel Hill on Friday when news at last arrived that UNC’s vaunted athletics program will suffer no longer from what has now been demonstrated to be a prosecution built on lies.

Over in Raleigh at the once venerable News & Observer, the butthurt was apparent and a wake underway as five years of misleading and over-the-top reporting — and opinion pieces based on the same — were exposed. The newspaper could publish an apology for every one of its hit pieces and the damage could never be undone. The paper that once called for Roy Williams to resign should be asking that from those who tirelessly worked to advance this canard.

http://www.robesonian.com/opinion/10372 ... eak-theirs

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:14 pm

You gotta like an editorial that uses "butthurt" and "canard" in the same paragraph...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:02 am

You got a beef against frat boys? DU! Ohio U. Ya can't spell drugs without DU. They did kick off campus and knocked our house down but thats besides the fact.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:25 am

Rat = house proud

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Hell yeah!

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:46 pm

FWIW.... Blue/White Game Highlights.

[youtube]JeYp9QLFtwQ[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:34 am

What's your prediction for UK hoops this year Crotch? eCat? As usual, the non-UK fan doesn't know any of the UK players (nor do UK fans, come to think about it), since it's a whole new starting lineup every year, but you guys have kept up with them more than I have. So, what's it gonna be? Best case scenario and worst case scenario...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:15 pm

"Several people interviewed by Yahoo Sports described him as a devious schemer who routinely took advantage of relationships he cultivated. That led to a checkered officiating career, an infamous public brawl with NBA Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins, and a less-public feud with former NBA player Dion Glover.

“He is toxic,” said one longtime Atlanta resident who is ingrained in the city’s basketball culture. “Even the worst of the worst people told you to stay away from Rashan. He’s a fraud.”

There are many others with basketball ties promoted on the Instagram account: Oregon assistant Tony Stubblefield on two occasions wearing a coat with the yellow stitching; former Kentucky assistant, South Florida head coach and current Illinois assistant Orlando Antigua in February 2016 (Antigua lost his job at USF last year in part because of NCAA violations); former Kentucky guards Andrew and Aaron Harrison in September 2015; ESPN analyst Jay Williams is pictured holding up three pairs of shoes prior to the 2014 Kentucky Derby; and a picture posted the same day shows Michel at a high-end Louisville steakhouse with famed basketball shadow figure William “Worldwide Wes” Wesley."

https://sports.yahoo.com/meet-rashan-mi ... 44140.html

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:01 pm

eCat wrote:learning about a term called municipal aggregation.

several years ago apparently the people in my township voted for the right of our township officials to negotiate on our behalf better electrical or natural gas deals instead of from our supplier.

The whole thing sounds like a scam. Duke Energy is still supplying us with electricity and natural gas thru their lines and pipes, we're still paying fees to Duke Energy to maintain our equipment, but this 3rd party supplier is somehow buying it from Duke and then selling it to us as a go between - like seriously, what do they do? I think a guy in his garage is running this whole operation - at supposedly prices that are locked in for a year or two.

The flaw in the slaw is that you are automatically signed up for this program - you have to opt-out and they inform you about it via a letter that looks like junk mail which 90% of the people probably throw in the trash.

So they do sell you the electricity of natural gas for a slightly lower price but they tack on service charges for processing your account which results in you paying several hundred more a year than if you didn't switch.

I can only imagine that our little township is getting a nice kickback or perks from this group for their negotiation on our behalf.
Welcome to America!
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm

hedge wrote:What's your prediction for UK hoops this year Crotch? eCat?
This is definitely NOT a championship squad. A work in progress. Very little returning experience (as usual). Maybe an SEC championship team in a weak league. Second round exit in the big dance. Not impressed at all with this group. But then again, what do I know........... Getting extremely tired of the OADs.. as most UK fans are.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:21 pm

hedge wrote:Image
September of 2015.

They left school May of 2015