Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

Bonfired
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: The NFL

Post by Bonfired » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:00 pm

It'd be good if Johnathan Joseph could get some game action...he really needs to live up to his billing because the Texans have prime rib at RB and Krystal burgers at CB.

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Hizzy III » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm not as upset about the big pass plays that were allowed last night. It's the Saints, after all. I'm a bit concerned about Shaun Cody plaing NT, though, and we really need DeMeco back out there. The Saints gashed a few times up the gut, and the fourth down TD run was pretty disappointing.

That said, Mario looked more comfortable out there and the pass rush is top notch. Offensively, that was an awesome performance all around. If Leinart could've hit a few of those open passes to Jacoby, we would've scored another ten points (that Neil Rackers missed FG was bizarre--maybe the hold was a little off??).
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Bonfired wrote:It'd be good if Johnathan Joseph could get some game action...he really needs to live up to his billing because the Texans have prime rib at RB and Krystal burgers at CB.
Heh. Gonna take awhile to get the Bengal out of him. He's used to slackiing.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:17 pm

[youtube]AEa_0mey4Tc[/youtube]

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:28 pm

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The young quarterback dropped back smoothly in the pocket, looked off the safety and dropped a gorgeous touch pass over the coverage and into the corner of the end zone. His surprised target came out of his break to see the ball arcing downward, and reached up to snatch it just beyond a cornerback’s flailing arms.

Wooooooooooo! numerous Denver Broncos players exclaimed in unison, marveling at the inexperienced passer’s chutzpah and skill.

Yep, Broncos fans – it seems Adam Weber(notes), a rookie free agent from Minnesota, has a little bit of game.

“He threw that ball before the receiver made his cut, and it came down in the dude’s hands like, ‘Merry Christmas,’ ” Pro Bowl wideout Brandon Lloyd(notes) recalled Monday. “He’s thrown four or five passes like that in camp where it’s been like … whoa. Weber’s got personality, and he’s got some swag about him, too.”

If you’re wondering about the plight of that other inexperienced passer on the Broncos’ roster – how far and fast he has fallen in the eyes of his bosses – consider that at least some people in the organization believe that Tim Tebow(notes) is the fourth-best quarterback on the roster.

As one highly knowledgeable member of the organization told me Monday, “If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy. Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow’s way behind [Brady] Quinn, too. And I’m telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now.”

Translation: Tebow, you’re not in Florida anymore.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=m ... cks_082311

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:[youtube]AEa_0mey4Tc[/youtube]
You normally do not see too much quality in cheerleading staff, in my experience. However, the Jets have harvested a nice crop this year.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Sim

That article was written oddly. They started off as if Weber was at least #2, but he's still 3rd string. Did they do that just to highlight how much of a bust Tebow is?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Yes. It's become quite expected to sass Tebow.

Heard Hodge earlier this week run him down harder than the Bama D did in 2009.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:19 am

It's a pretty sad society when you have grown ass men going out of their way to hope a guy fails at something, simply because they resent him for being seen as too much of a goody-too-shoes.

Motherfuckers are pretty pathetic, actually.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:53 pm

plaxico > braylon
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Yep.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

The NFL

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:23 pm

My Dad has a retired golf buddy where he lives in sarasota

used to be a Pepsi sales rep in SoCal & had sideline credentials for USC football games

real nice guy, completely down to earth

swears to me that Sanchez is one of the few cats to go pro from that program that was just an awesome character guy

that... and the fact the bills suck.... and the exposure NYJ got from last year's hard knocks, I'm hoppin on the Jets bandwagon\

I'm from CANADA

I can do that
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 pm

I roll with the Jets because it sucks to be in a city with two football teams, so sometimes you have only two games shown all Sunday afternoon, with both being NY teams. So, I felt I had to pick one & it sure as shit was not gonna be the Giants, obviously.

So, I've been on the Jets team for almost a decade. Sanchez is just a winner too. I hate to be stereotypical, but I think having a dad who's a fireman probably contributed to his relatively high character.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:16 pm

T Dot O Dot wrote:My Dad has a retired golf buddy where he lives in sarasota

used to be a Pepsi sales rep in SoCal & had sideline credentials for USC football games

real nice guy, completely down to earth

swears to me that Sanchez is one of the few cats to go pro from that program that was just an awesome character guy

that... and the fact the bills suck.... and the exposure NYJ got from last year's hard knocks, I'm hoppin on the Jets bandwagon\

I'm from CANADA

I can do that
Don't tell Todd Haley and the Kansas City Chiefs they suck.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:18 pm

And I'm happy the Texans won, but again they were sloppy on offense at times. Three turnovers. They could've won 44-0 or 48-0 yesterday if not for the silly goofs on offense. The lone Indy touchdown was set up by a Texans turnover inside their own 15 yard line.

Gotta clean that up. We saw that in the last two pre-season games, too.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 pm

4th & 1/2 a yard and you throw a fade?

weak sauce

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Yeah, way to give your new signed running back a vote of confidence.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Henne 48 rushing yards. Bush 38.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:09 pm

How many carries did he get?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:11 pm

11 carries for 38 yards

9 receptions for 56 yards