Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Go back a few more posts, his original post in here was addressing a reply to a post I made in here weeks ago...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:08 pm

re - fans are acting like a deal is on Masai's table

No, that's the incredibly scary problem frankly. Gay isn't tradeable until next year when he is an expiring contract. DeRozan might have some value but not a lot. Lowry would probably be our best asset if he WASN'T expiring because no one will want to pay him anymore than he is currently making.

You can't trade Val and Ross would have to be consistent before you could really entice someone. Our talent cupboard is either overpriced, unproven, or simply lacking enough talent to make any meaningful trade.

I think Masai and Casey are in no win situations for this year. They got the wrong type of players for the team they want to build..... and the albatross of 38M over the next 2 seasons for Gay will make re-building tough till next year. As much as I hate to admit, we just got to suck on the lemons and watch all the really bad lottery teams improve instantly next summer.

I still wonder if our rebuild wouldn't be so much further along if Jordan hadn't screwed us on the Chandler deal.... that was the first deal that I thought we REALLY won in terms of a need, the talent we received, and the salary we would have lost.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Unless Ujiri and Casey are in on some secret tank that we are not aware of, still holding out small hope, there's no excuse whatsoever for the last minute coaching call yesterday and the one against Charlotte. None. Casey is turning out to be one of the worst coaching jokes in the NBA.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:41 am

Where is a Lowry injury when you need one? this team is so close to being an incredibly poor team. a team worthy of one of those great freshmen. Hopefully Kyle can find a way to turn his ankle and miss a few weeks.

There are 27 players in the league who take more than 15 field goal attempts per game and only 5 of them don't score more points than Rudy Gay. and those 5 players all take at least 3 attempts less per game. he is the most overpaid player in the league.

and what's worse, he only plays in spurts and can't give you a solid effort for an entire game.... i will not miss that contract.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:37 pm

He will...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:55 am

Grobe to Toronto...

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:52 pm

0-3 since Captain Gay banned statsheet in locker room after the games. I'm relatively sure he meant good but it's kinda funny that he's the one who brought it up since he's the guy chucking and missing the most out there. Less than 2 weeks left till Dec 15, something better happen.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Owlman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Perhaps they are too busy trying to keep track of their stats in their head
My Dad is my hero still.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:37 am

actually last night Rudy did something he has failed to do ALL year long.... shoot at least 50% from the floor.

Dude averages more than 19 attempts per game but last night's 6-12 shooting was the first time he shot 50%....lmao. 17 games into the season and he finally manages 50%

27 point lead 3rd quarter lead and lose by 9..... i am telling ya... we are one Lowry injury away.

this team is comedic if nothing else.

tin mad dog
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by tin mad dog » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Word has it your team is getting rid of Rudy. Heading to Sacto.
More likely to be at http://detroitpistonsforum.com or http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/ but I'll pop in every now and again.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Great deal. Vasquez and Patterson (qualifying offer eligible after this season), Salmons (team option for next season) and Hayes (5.5M this season and next) for Gray, Acy, and Gay

I like Vasquez and we can see what Patterson brings over the balance of the season. I am not sure that this trade doesn't make our team better this year though.

But it definitely makes us better next season when we don't have to pay Gay 18M.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:51 pm

rudy's gone, that much is agreed upon

seems to be some haggling over what's coming back

hayes, patterson & a first rounder I think
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Wow, another trade out of nowhere.

I'm ready to eat my words almost depending on what happens next but a great stepping stone to what should come next. It really helps that this team went on a losing streak and showed how bad it really is. As it is, I'm also trying to think if this actually makes us better. That's how bad Gay was. Hopefully this directly increases offensive touches for Valanciunas and he and Vasquez can play well together.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:44 am

Seems the front office shit-on fest may have been a bit premature by you guys.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:13 am

heh

If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:50 am

sounds like Lowry is next

speculation is Fields too, if Masai pulls that off then Yoss will have a lot of apologizing to do

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:27 am

[tweet]409945331426545664[/tweet]

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:18 am

dot /bklyn - I never ragged on the front office. My post from Nov. 25th said I actually feel sorry for Casey/Uriji because they inherited a crappy roster with little trade value and that they were in "no win" situations.

This trade is purely a salary dump as probably everyone except Hayes, and to a lesser extent, Vasquez, most likely won't be with the team next year. With that said, I am glad they got someone to take the trash. I didn't like the Gay deal when BC made it so Uriji is just trying to make the best of a bad situation. But we aren't getting any true talent back.... just placeholders so it's not like Stuckey/Villaneuva for Gay wasn't better? It just took Masai some time to realize it.

It will be interesting to see what he does with Lowry though. Lowry is actually an asset. A very decent PG who has an expiring contract. BUT, he has to trade Lowry if he wants this team to compete for one of the college studs. and he has to do the trade while Lowry is healthy and playing like he is right now.

As for Fields, with his balloon payment next year, I would be surprised if he gets ANYTHING of value. Fields is actually making Gay look good right now.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 am

T Dot O Dot wrote:sounds like Lowry is next

speculation is Fields too, if Masai pulls that off then Yoss will have a lot of apologizing to do
I will gladly eat my words depending on what happens next. Especially if Fields is somehow traded for anything of value. A lot of things still needed doing but this is the right first step for sure.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:11 am

This ends out turning into a great little quote from Salmons.... after turning down the Raps to join Sacramento, his reply was ""I didn't really feel (Toronto) was where God was leading me," Salmons said at the time."

Well, if the Raps don't buy him out I guess that God just said "Shut up and let me do my job"