Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Toemeesleather
Senior

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:36 am

Copied from a reader's letter to the NYT.

Ever since the election I’ve been scratching my head over why Donald Trump got elected. Some people obviously like him and think highly of him. But who are they and where are they? Personally, I don’t know any. At least, I don’t know anyone who openly talks about him in this manner.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:40 am

"But who are they and where are they? Personally, I don’t know any."

Lucky guy...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:09 pm

I know a ton of people who voted for him, but nobody says Trump is a good guy. It's the digital age, after all - all of his many character failings are on full display.

Hell, nobody here speaks highly of him. You don't either, toe...not sure what your point was.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:59 pm

As a Trump supporter, I don't think he is a "good guy" either. The people who voted for him knew that before they voted for him. But he IS a kinda guy that blue collars can relate to: brash, loud, cocky, profane, blunt, aggressive, a family man yet a bit of a cad, blood loyal to his friends and ruthless to his enemies. He reminds every blue collar of their local union boss that doesn't take any crap from the suits, and they love him for it. (Watch the movie "Hoffa" and you will see what I mean. Hoffa was not a "good guy" either, but he was exactly the kind of guy who you want to go into battle with.) The more he pisses off the suits, the more they love him, not less.

He compares favorably to the powdered wig Establishment Republicans and the lady part Democrats.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:18 pm

The letter writer is in the same cocoon as most elitists are, where ignorance is bliss.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Hillary reminds blue collars of their ex-wife that is constantly nagging him, and who turned out to be a lesbian, which explained a lot.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:17 pm

That post explains a lot about you. Not that we needed any further explanation on that point...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Funny how Harvey Weinstein was sexually harassing women for decades, paying them hush money, and a LOT of people knew it, but they covered for him because he is a rich Hollywood leftist and big Democrat donor. In fact, some feminist lawyers are STILL trying to do damage control for him.

Double standard?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Definitely double chin.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:56 pm

That, plus the stubble, suggest he is trying to be Michael Moore's mini-me.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Harvey Weinstein even tried to grab Ashley Judd's lady parts. But she sure didn't say anything about it. Instead, she went on this rant about Trump...

[youtube]ffb_5X59_DA[/youtube]

Double standard?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:18 pm

I'd do her

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Harvey Weinstein even tried to grab Ashley Judd's lady parts. But she sure didn't say anything about it. Instead, she went on this rant about Trump...

[youtube]ffb_5X59_DA[/youtube]

Double standard?

Good God, I had no idea. I'm not watching any of her movies. Such as...... ................ ............... umm

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 pm

A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extra-marital relationship took him to task for an anti-abortion statement posted on Facebook from his office’s public account.

“And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

A text from Mr. Murphy’s cell phone number that same day in response says, “I get what you say about my March for life messages. I’ve never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don’t write any more. I will.”

Me, I think this is a better example of a double standard. Proselytize and legislate against abortion but offer one up to your mistress when necessary.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Here's an even crazier example of hypocrisy, GOP style:
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma State Sen. Ralph Shortey was a visible face since his election in 2010, becoming known for authoring some controversial legislation.

You may remember him authoring SB 1418 in the 2012 legislative session which prohibited “the manufacture or sale of food or products which use aborted human fetuses," that never passed out of committee.

Sen. Shortey, R-Oklahoma City, was charged in Cleveland County, Okla., Thursday with several counts of child prostitution.

The charges stem from a Moore Police Department investigation that started out as a welfare check for a teen seen going into a hotel room with an unknown man in the early morning hours of March 9.

The man was later identified as Shortey.

A little more than 24 hours after police found Shortey in the hotel room with the teen, he was on Fox Business to talk about his legislation that would have exempted property owners from civil prosecution if they destroyed drones not regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration.

"I've got four daughters; my oldest is 14. She'll be in college in a few years and she will be packing – if allowed on campus – but I want my daughters to be safe,” Shortey said during a heated town hall meeting last month as he sought comment for a bill that would have changed drug laws (State Question 780 and 781) that were approved by Oklahoma voters last November.

Those laws made certain drug possession and low-level property crimes misdemeanors instead felonies.

"I don't believe that you should ever – as a representative of the people – hide out or not talk to the media," he said at the start of the town hall.

Shortey turned himself in to Cleveland County authorities Thursday afternoon after charges were filed and an arrest warrant issued.

http://kfor.com/2017/03/17/what-does-ra ... look-like/
Like a local DJ around here said: "At least the senator didn't ask the teenage boy to marry him. That would have been embarrassing."

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:24 pm

hedge wrote:
puterbac wrote:
hedge wrote:" puter understands this, because this is about big-time cfb. Your lack of clarity on the subject is certainly understandable."

Wow, I haven't heard anyone refer to Tennessee as being about big time cfb in years. You have more losing seasons than winning ones in the past decade, and a couple of those "winning seasons" were 7-6. And you lost to UNC in a bowl game what amounted to a home game for UT. Big time cfb!
We aren't and we won't be until Butch is fired. He's Mr 8-4/9-3 and melts under pressure in a game.
It's looking like 8-4 would be considered wildly successful this year in Knoxville...

The fucked up thing is he could still go 9-3 with a loss to Bama and beating everybody. Not fing far fetched which he then survives. Pull the trigger now or at least after Bama destruction.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Puter. Hello. Roll Tide.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:11 am

IT'S ALIVE!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:23 am

Get this college football crap off the political discussion thread!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Even without Big Game Bob, Oklahoma is still choking.