Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by 10ac » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:01 pm

White gal must of dissed them hos. Glad to see management on top of things.
Let 'er Blow!

It's me Karen
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by It's me Karen » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Let me at those bitches. And the camerman. And the wimpy guy who stood there barely doing anything. High five to the older lady.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:34 am

GBJs wrote:
puterbac wrote: Of course, if the NLRB doesn't like it, I'm sure some of the Southern states can seceed again.

That's been tried before.

Didn't work.
My Dad is my hero still.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 am

The South got whipped the last time they pulled a stunt like that. It may be time to remind them of their inherent inferiority again.

About the McDonald's brawl, Smoking Gun says it was a "transgendered woman" they were beating up. Whole thing is weird

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/mcd ... um=twitter

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Oh, she/he/it was a Democrat. Still, that was a bit much.
Let 'er Blow!

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:22 pm

LMBO

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by GBJs » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:The South got whipped the last time they pulled a stunt like that. It may be time to remind them of their inherent inferiority again.
Yeah, but y'all ain't got the steel mills anymore, and a bunch of wimps that want to go on strike won't cut it for fightin'. Plus, Obama will be yer Pres and you've got to admit he's quite a step down from Lincoln.
Worth. Every. Cent.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Do you realize there isn't a single canon factory in the whole North?

Great article about CA vs TX. This is classic California approach to its problems:

California, by contrast, seems to constantly lose focus. Several Democrats who agreed to go on the Texas trip were pressured by public-employee unions to drop out—and many did. And just as Texas business leaders were testifying about how the state's tort reforms had improved job creation, word came of California's latest priority: On April 14, the state senate passed a bill mandating that all public school children learn the history of disabled and gay Americans.

And Happy Easter to those inclined.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Scary but thought-provoking article by Walter Williams, a conservative so reliable that he is sometimes trusted with the EIB microphone:

No Matter What

By Dr. Walter Williams

Can President Obama be defeated in 2012? No. He can't. I am going on record as saying that President Barak Obama will win a second term. The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions) of dollars to them in advertising. But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.

The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected. Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win. Gas prices moving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins. The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins. War in the Middle East? He wins a second term. America's role as the leading Superpower disappears? Hurrah for Barak Obama! The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending? Obama wins handily.

You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining? Sure I do. And that's why I know Obama will win. The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics. And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated. Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault. After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.

Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem. Consider the following:

1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period. Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing. He's one of us,

2) College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that,

3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,

4) Democrats will vote for Obama. He is the leader of their party and his coattails will carry them to victory nationwide,

5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,

6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,

7) Big Business will support Obama. They already have. He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more everyday. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,

8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him. After all, to not love him would be racist,

9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican. American Indians will support him. Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic. And lastly,

10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned. The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by GBJs » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:16 pm

It's Easter. Wait 'til tomorrow to post something that sickening.
Worth. Every. Cent.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Doesn't matter, we've been fucked since about '94. No hop. Over. Fini. Kaput. Down the shitter....
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Prof, haven't I been saying Oprama is a lock for 2012 for about a year now? You won't believe until Walter Williams says so...

I'm hurt.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:18 pm

frankly, at this point if America goes into the shitter we deserve what we get. we've had 20 years to change course and we havent.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:30 pm

We tried.

fuckin Bush

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:45 pm

I wonder what Sardis thinks about Obama's reelection chances.

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 am

AugustWest wrote:frankly, at this point if America goes into the shitter we deserve what we get. we've had 20 years to change course and we havent.
Very true. And, frankly, I blame the Republicans. They waited for half a century for an opportunity to control both houses of Congress and the WH, simultaneously. And when they finally got it, they blew it. I said at the time that when the dems regained control, they would increase deficit spending to levels never-before-seen, since they now know that the GOP offers no real alternative. And I have been proven right.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:23 am

Professor Tiger wrote:I wonder what Sardis thinks about Obama's reelection chances.

A Sporty lock!

Dora
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Dora » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:33 am

It would be interesting if the Repubs would come up with a decent contender.
Take life with a pinch of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:29 am

Williams makes a big issue of race in his pronouncement that oprama will win re-election. Which he can do as a black conservative. Because he's black. Negroid. Ancestors from Africa black.

The latest national poll on the subject, btw, says 47% republicans believe oprama was born in Kenya (22% "don't know"). 98% of those Rs are white, but it's probably better to let the Williams and Sowells and Elders carry the water wrt racism in the medial. With their unique perspective and all.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Dora
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Dora » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:32 am

>Because he's black. Negroid. Ancestors from Africa black.

As opposed to some other type of black?
Take life with a pinch of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila