Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 am

ECat for the win.

Leftists live in a magical fairy tale world where they see make-believe racism everywhere. You wake up late because your alarm didn’t off and you had to rush to meet your carpool. It was a racist alarm. It’s raining outside. It’s a racist rainstorm. The storm causes a wreck on the highway and results in a traffic jam. It was a racist wreck and a racist traffic jam. You arrive late to work, and your boss scolds everyone in the carpool for being late. But he was secretly singling out the black person in the carpool, which is racist, and you report his racism to HR. And you spend the rest of the day stewing over how horribly racist America is, and it’s all Trump’s fault.

That’s the loony way leftists think about racism.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:30 am

Ann Coulter writes about alot of shit that is predictable and generally pablum for her audience, but when she wrote about why Trump should be president when the National Review was teeing off on him in 2015 , she was an educational writer. She was going against the grain of her peers not only as a national writer but in her domain.

When she abandoned her support of Trump months after his election on his reversal on DACA, it was worth reading.

When the writer moves away from agenda writing and educates you on a topic - providing a perspective you don't see or would normally get - that is good editorial journalism.

A liberal writer using David Duke as a prop to push that Trump supporters are racist? That's not journalism, its a cliche'. You can't respect that.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm

I would be very interested to see what Christopher Hitchens would have made of all of this. Certainly he had no love for either of the Clintons (as evidenced by the title of his book about them, "No One Left to Lie To"), but from the few comments I've ever seen him make on Trump, he clearly didn't take him seriously enough to even consider the possibility that he could be elected president...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 pm

I wonder if those dudes on Duck Dynasty voted for David Duke in 1990?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:14 pm

I seriously doubt it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Further evidence that the republican party is imploding...

Hillary!!!lll
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:29 pm

I side with hedge on this one. The Republican party IS imploding. If you ask the simple question, "What is the Republican party in favor of?" there is no longer a real answer.

Does the Republican party want to repeal and replace Obamacare? The true answer is, not really.

Does the Republican party want to secure the southern border with a wall? The true answer is, not so much.

Does the Republican party want to cut taxes, cut spending, and balance the federal budget? The true answer is, hell no.

The Democrats don't have that problem. You ask any Democrat what their party is for, they will tell you, without note cards, without stuttering or coughing. And when Democrat politicians go to Washington, they vigorously advance their agenda on which they were elected. They don't go to Washington and suddenly become pro-life, or vote against tax increases, or prune back environmental regulations, or start wars, or anything like that. They know what they are about, and do what they do. Boom. Just like that. In that regard, they are FAR better than Republicans.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:33 pm

hedge wrote:I would be very interested to see what Christopher Hitchens would have made of all of this.
I wish you would ask Chris Hitchens directly, in person, soon.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:15 pm

and so it begins

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:01 pm

The Republican party IS imploding.

Transforming yes, imploding, no. Not having yer shit together is not the definition of imploding, poor leadership, perhaps. Russia imploded in the 80s.

Conservatives will continue to be elected, locally and nationally.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Black Friday was huge for gun sales

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/27/news/co ... index.html

Amazingly, the article mentions "SharpShootersUSA, a gun store and range outside Atlanta." That's my range!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:28 pm

I wish you were at the range, in the target zone...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:34 pm

The NFL's war on its fan base continues to pay dividends...

Thanksgiving NFL Primetime Ratings Down 10 Percent From Last Year
The drop is not as steep of a dip as the one seen last year.

http://www.realclearlife.com/sports/tha ... last-year/

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:ECat for the win.

Leftists live in a magical fairy tale world where they see make-believe racism everywhere. You wake up late because your alarm didn’t off and you had to rush to meet your carpool. It was a racist alarm. It’s raining outside. It’s a racist rainstorm. The storm causes a wreck on the highway and results in a traffic jam. It was a racist wreck and a racist traffic jam. You arrive late to work, and your boss scolds everyone in the carpool for being late. But he was secretly singling out the black person in the carpool, which is racist, and you report his racism to HR. And you spend the rest of the day stewing over how horribly racist America is, and it’s all Trump’s fault.

That’s the loony way leftists think about racism.
You guys are like the fish that doesn’t know he’s in water.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Don’t look now, but there’s a racist hiding under your bed. Boo!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:46 pm

A Leftist walks into a Christmas party in her apartment building. First, she introduces herself to the host, and scolds him for advertising it as a “Christmas” party, which is slightly religious and which she finds offensive. Next, she scolds the hostess for allowing the other guests to bring dishes with meat. She is a vegan and finds that offensive.

Now she scopes out the other guests. There are 12 men present, but only 9 women. Okay, okay, it’s not too far off the center of the gender bell curve, but it is still a big problem.

Of the 21 guests, there are only 3 guests of color. Definitely a red flag. Maybe even a hate crime. This might be forgivable in Iowa or New Hampshire, or one of those yucky flyover states, but this is a respectable city. If the host wasn’t such a religious nut job with his lame (air quotes:) Christmas! (end air quotes) then he would have had the common decency to go find some people out on the street to bring some diversity to this place.

Let’s see: looks like there might be some hope here. Those two guys talking to each other... in good shape... well dressed and coiffured... Not talking about sports... definitely gay. That helps the diversity of this dump a little bit.

Uh oh. One of them is wearing cowboy boots! Remain calm... deep breaths...it might be okay... it might be the latest in gay hipster culture that I haven’t heard of yet... need to look into that... But what if those cowboy boots mean he is a southerner? Who let one of those inbred banjo strumming hillbillies in here? And what if...what if... he’s a TRUMP VOTER!!! OMG OMG OMG! I’m going to throw up and then feint.,, I’ve gotta get out of here...

I’ll write a scathing review of this disgusting Klan meeting after I get home and get centered again.

I just wish everyone was more like me, who is non-judgemental, pluralist, open minded and tolerant.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:02 pm

heh
Let 'er Blow!

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:38 pm

From what I can gather on the new tax bill, racism, gender identity, abortion - shit, even net neutrality - aren't going to matter once we are all fighting for the last tube of Preparation H after we get bent over cornholed all good like by this tax bill

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 am

People posted signs on Ajit Pai's street saying "what kind of world are you leaving for your kids with the names of his two kids on it" and Pai got pissed off and went to the press saying that its unfair to include his family in the debate.

The problem is there is no debate. Its is a 5 man council with 3 repubs on it, one of which is on the record saying no one needs to use the internet every day and Pai who used to work for Verizon. He is going to kill Net Neutrality and the only hope is that congress gets so much hate mail the refuse to enforce the ruling.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 am

Yahoo is owned by Verizon

they posted this article - the comments pretty much show where the world is on Net Neutrality. Pai knows this, he's bought and paid for though.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/net-neut ... 31643.html