All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 22, 2024 12:32 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:57 am
innocentbystander wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:43 am No

I watch whatever Bill Maher is on
You do realize he mocks folks like you relentlessly, no?
I have been watching Bill Maher since you were a child. I watched him on Politically Incorrect (the following is the best episode)

and I have watched him for more than 20+ seasons on HBO's Real Time. He mocks, everyone. Everyone. And he pretty much mocks everyone relentlessly. He is an equal opportunity mocker.

This may surprise you counselor, but it isn't possible for you (or any of you) to hurt my feelings. There is nothing that you can say that would ever make me feel bad. I don't give you that kind of power over my emotions. And its real easy for me to have that kind of self control because I am a kind and decent person who has the ability to think and reason. So for almost 30 years, a man like Bill Maher may be "mocking me" but I am man enough not to bothered by his needless, comedy, banter.

That said, I love that he is a true liberal with enough confidence and poise to attack other liberals who have gone too far off the deep end into insane leftism. He is about the only liberal willing to do that.

Now watch "Sunny" on The View. She never applauds Bill. She never looks him in the eye. Instead, she tells him that she understands that he is a liberal but she does not respect Bill Maher because Bill attacks Joe Biden along with Donald Trump and Sunny is concerned that if a liberal opens his mouth to say something bad about a fellow democrat, there is the slightest chance that someone in the middle might start to think and vote for the other guy. And that is a non-starter for her. Sunny is a win-at-all-costs, insane, leftist. And left of center, liberal Bill Maher, he also "mocks" those kinds of people.

I like Bill Maher. He may mock me, but I like him. I always will. He is an intelligent, thought provoking, liberal. He is something you should be, but you aren't man enough to be like him.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Dave23 » Wed May 22, 2024 4:34 pm

Clearly he likes it…why else would he come here every day?
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 22, 2024 4:45 pm

Dave23 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:34 pm

Clearly he likes it…why else would he come here every day?
Clearly Dave, I am here to mock you. :)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Wed May 22, 2024 7:49 pm

Damn. I had forgotten all about "the rules", especially the part about how a couple of ugly trannies wrote it.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu May 23, 2024 3:26 pm

They were women. Just a couple of Long Island Yentas who couldn't even stay married themselves. The book was just Neuro Linguistic Programming. It was about programming men into marrying someone they didn't really want to marry by way of scarcity and mystery.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu May 23, 2024 9:30 pm

Dr Phil was not permitted to have this kind of show when he was a day time audience of women. That is because women are emotional and hysterical, not logical. Their emotions would prevent them from watching this kind of programming during the day. But in the evening. Dr Phil has men in his audience. So he can have programs like this now.

Dr Phil is making a difference. So is Bill Maher. The ladies of the View, they can't stop this now.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri May 24, 2024 12:59 pm

“I like Bill Maher. He may mock me, but I like him. I always will. He is an intelligent, thought provoking, liberal. He is something you should be, but you aren't man enough to be like him.”

If you like and admire him so much and think he’s so intelligent and thought provoking, why haven’t you been man enough to contemplate what it is about yourself and your beliefs he finds so richly worthy of mockery?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 24, 2024 1:19 pm

As I said, he mocks everyone. Even himself.

Mark Zuckerberg may be the most intelligent person on the planet. You can still mock him. And people DO mock him. Does it even matter? So no, I don't care what Bill thinks of people like me. My admiring him and what he does, there is no conflict of interest here.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri May 24, 2024 1:31 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/22/politics ... src-digvid

Someone sent me this, for some reason, and I watched it. How do people stomach this shit. “Journalists” are even more disgusting and borderline subhuman than the politicians are.

Seriously, like the first fucking thing that happens is the “interviewer” asks a question, “interviewee” answers and then immediately gets interrupted with an eyeroll and an “I know”. Oh do you, cunt? Why are you asking questions then if you know. Get the fuck out of here with this garbage. If news/politics has gotta be Survivor or Wrestling level then get the cocksuckers and cunts off the stage and let the politicians cut promos and scream at each other.

This lady’s job visibly in a span of a few minutes went from journalist to actively participating and goaltending by trying to keep her subject from getting his points across to the audience. How can people watch this shit with a straight face and believe that they are getting information from it? How many psychos are out there that believe that this shit keeps them “informed” and then smugly try to explain it to others. No wonder every asshole who talks politics to me sounds like a moron
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 24, 2024 1:47 pm

aTm wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:31 pm https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/22/politics ... src-digvid

Someone sent me this, for some reason, and I watched it. How do people stomach this shit. “Journalists” are even more disgusting and borderline subhuman than the politicians are.

Seriously, like the first fucking thing that happens is the “interviewer” asks a question, “interviewee” answers and then immediately gets interrupted with an eyeroll and an “I know”. Oh do you, cunt? Why are you asking questions then if you know. Get the fuck out of here with this garbage. If news/politics has gotta be Survivor or Wrestling level then get the cocksuckers and cunts off the stage and let the politicians cut promos and scream at each other.

This lady’s job visibly in a span of a few minutes went from journalist to actively participating and goaltending by trying to keep her subject from getting his points across to the audience. How can people watch this shit with a straight face and believe that they are getting information from it? How many psychos are out there that believe that this shit keeps them “informed” and then smugly try to explain it to others. No wonder every asshole who talks politics to me sounds like a moron
I think what this is, is that journalists fancy themselves as the appointed (un-elected), 4th branch of government. They take that concept of the "4th Estate" as a reason for going into journalism because what they really want is POWER. They want government POWER to make decisions for the people of this country. And the way they get that POWER is by shifting and creating narratives. And the way they shift and create narratives is with softball questions for politicians that they vote for and with gotcha questions and trying to embarrass politicians that they hate. And if they can't embarrass them, they refuse to interview them.

These are just people who want power and authority but they are smart enough to know that they are too stupid to actually get elected to office on their own beliefs. That is because they know they can't properly argue as to why what they believe should be the way how all of us are supposed to live. Or, they aren't lucky enough to run for office in a congressional district where your constituents are fucking morons (AOC and Rashid Talib, looking at you two.) So journalism, that is the way they get power.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri May 24, 2024 2:43 pm

Ted Cruz is a deceptive charlatan. CNN is establishment propaganda for brainless libs but she was right to shut him down.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 24, 2024 2:53 pm

A 4th Estate is exactly what they are and represent. They represent corporations. Corporations can't vote, so the entire mass media empire, so far as it intersects with politics, is about convincing people to vote for the right things that the corporations need them to vote for at any given time. I mean, it would be a lot harder to buy off politicians if the voters kept getting mad and voted them out, so its easier just to convince everybody that they wanted and voted for the same things you paid the politicians to pass in the first place.

The entire concept of "objective media" which gives rise to the propaganda concept of the "4th Estate" is total horseshit. "Objective media" did not exist when the country was founded. Media then was a dickhead like Alexander Hamilton, Ben Franklin or even like a Frederick Douglas producing something for publication who's entire point was not to present "objectivity" of any sort but to convince the reader, that the viewpoint contained therein was correct. This is pretty much the same classical concept of rhetoric which is the backbone of all Western political philosophy. Yeah you could have a pamphlet called "Those motherfuckers are assholes" and people would read it and understand that what they are getting is going to be argument of all the points to convince you that, "Why, yes, these motherfuckers are indeed, assholes." You knew what it was going to tell you, but the information inside was supposed to be persuasive nevertheless. The whole point of the 1st amendment is to prevent something like a monolithic "objective viewpoint" (which by necessity can only exist with the tacit approval of the government) from running roughshod over all other opinion. The idea that we have these giant corporations pretending to be arbiters of "good" information is offensive. All of us would be far better off if we were trained to listen to something like Rush Limbaugh and then also Bill Maher and think about both, but instead what we get is horseshit like what I linked. Infotainment, designed to casually promote corporate and ultimately government interests.

This isnt some communist argument either, I dont hate corporations, and their existence makes all of our lives better and richer, and in some very real ways, the corporations are us, also, so their success benefits us. But at some level, the way we all have decided to pretend that CNN is telling us what we need to know, vs understanding what they really are (which is the pamphlet who's job it is to promote the viewpoint of the modern version of one of the oldest and largest industrial corporations in existence, AT&T) we would be better off. There's no reason that people should be out there nodding along and celebrating this cunt cutting off and goaltending against a US Senator. It should be clear that what she is, is a paid schill for a huge conglomerate of AT&T/Warner/all kinds of other giant companies in a huge Japanese style media Zaibatsu who's entire job is to try to make you think like those companies want you to think.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 24, 2024 3:14 pm

Tree wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:43 pm Ted Cruz is a deceptive charlatan. CNN is establishment propaganda for brainless libs but she was right to shut him down.
A deceptive charlatan? You mean a politician? No shit. What he also is, is a very very good attorney/advocate. She was right to shut him down only in the sense that doing so was the only weapon that she had in her arsenal that she could use and actually get out of it because she was so outclassed. To shut him down was literally the only option once the farce of the "interview" broke down and it became a "debate" instead. The control room basically cut him off mid sentence at the end of that, because they knew that the viewers were about to be exposed to, and possibly even convinced by, a viewpoint outside of the ones (un)officially endorsed and approved by Warner Media.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 24, 2024 3:22 pm

aTm wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:53 pm A 4th Estate is exactly what they are and represent. They represent corporations. Corporations can't vote, so the entire mass media empire, so far as it intersects with politics, is about convincing people to vote for the right things that the corporations need them to vote for at any given time. I mean, it would be a lot harder to buy off politicians if the voters kept getting mad and voted them out, so its easier just to convince everybody that they wanted and voted for the same things you paid the politicians to pass in the first place.
Yup. And corporations banding together to influence politicians via lobbying, and those same politicians passing bills into law telling us how this will benefit us, that is what gave us this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Act_of_1990
Besides these immigrant visas there were also changes in nonimmigrant visas like the H-1B visa for highly skilled workers.
I was working my way through college in 1990, just lifting boxes and driving a cherry picker in a warehouse. So this whole H-1B thing, that meant very little to me at the time. But I remember sitting in the lunch room and listening to the older folks talking about it and their concerns. They weren't that sophisticated but they kept saying, how will this help us? Liberal, conservative, how will these H-1Bs help us? Again, meant nothing to me until I listened to Eric Weinstein.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Weinstein

It was Eric (ONLY Eric) who went on the record to say that when HP, IBM, DEC, Compaq, and this little known software company called Microsoft, banded together to influence a then almost entirely democrat congress to create the H-1B, they did so for no other reason than to push down wages of high IQ US citizens who were smart enough to code but weren't lucky enough to land a bullshit mid-management job overseeing coders. That was it. High tech companies did this because their managers and directors weren't smart enough to do the work themselves, but they were just barely smart enough to know that their salaries and bonuses would be personally rewarded the more third world, hi-IQ people (who could do the work) they could "exploit." It does ZERO for the US citizen. But there has been NO federal policy that has affected the earning power of US citizens more than this infernal one. And we were "duped" into believing that it would be good for us.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri May 24, 2024 3:40 pm

It is actually an interview btw, not a free for all debate that he is allowed to hijack. Fox doesn't let libbies come on and pull that shit either.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 24, 2024 3:43 pm

Fox News is just CNN started by a different asshole. In a very real way the rivalry between the two is more about anger of two rich motherfuckers running into each other in a yacht race in the 1980s than it is actual politics.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri May 24, 2024 3:44 pm

just lifting boxes and driving a cherry picker in a warehouse
At least now I understand where you get your debate style from, brah.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 24, 2024 5:43 pm

“ A 4th Estate is exactly what they are and represent. They represent corporations. Corporations can't vote, so the entire mass media empire, so far as it intersects with politics, is about convincing people to vote for the right things that the corporations need them to vote for at any given time.”

Noam Chomsky would be proud…

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 24, 2024 5:49 pm

“ It should be clear that what she is, is a paid schill for a huge conglomerate of AT&T/Warner/all kinds of other giant companies in a huge Japanese style media Zaibatsu who's entire job is to try to make you think like those companies want you to think.”

Pretty much describes Cruz as well..