Home of the 2019 National Champions.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: ACC - Conference Discussion

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:48 pm

my efforts to get more people to join the league by spamming the board paid off, we added two, unfortunately that still leaves us with an uneven number, preventing us from having a draft.

so.....we need one more person to join our $20 dollar fantasy league

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... word=hizzy
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

KeviNole
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by KeviNole » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:57 am

Notre Dame (partially)( to the ACC? Buyout increased to $50M? We're fucked. I can't believe we (and Clemson) voted for this shit.

Comment of the day was on TomahawkNation: "The ACC - Where 1980’s powerhouse teams come to retire".

While ND is at LEAST a strong football draw, the ACC managed to fuck itself by allowing them to only play 5 games a year. How is that going to work with regard to conference championship? It wouldn't surprise me if they changed the rule and said the team with the fewest losses makes the ACCCG, so if ND can weasel its way to a 3-2 record they have a strong shot of getting in.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 pm

They can't play in the ACC Championship game. Settle.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:10 pm

I hate partial conference members. Notre Dame not be a football member sucks. I wouldn't have done it. Swofford didn't ask me, though.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 am

Swofford is a proven idiot. While I don't think this move is a bad one for the conference, it's bad for FSU with regard to the buyout which locks us in no matter what. Swofford will now go to the networks and say, "look, we got another perennial Top 20 basketball team - can we renegotiate? Oh yeah, you can have our football rights for free as long as you understand how strong we'll be in basketball now."

We will have to make do with $10M less than our rivals unless we can figure a way out in the next couple of years.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am

It does put the ACC in line for full membership of Notre Dame if they go that way....just like the Big East was!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:26 am

Does ND have the same buy out price?
Let 'er Blow!

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:42 pm

Nuck Fotre Dame!

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Such animosity toward a school that is going to save the ACCs bacon just like they did the Big Least.
Let 'er Blow!

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:16 am

yuck fou too

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:10 am

KeviNole wrote:Notre Dame (partially)( to the ACC? Buyout increased to $50M? We're fucked. I can't believe we (and Clemson) voted for this shit.

Comment of the day was on TomahawkNation: "The ACC - Where 1980’s powerhouse teams come to retire".

While ND is at LEAST a strong football draw, the ACC managed to fuck itself by allowing them to only play 5 games a year. How is that going to work with regard to conference championship? It wouldn't surprise me if they changed the rule and said the team with the fewest losses makes the ACCCG, so if ND can weasel its way to a 3-2 record they have a strong shot of getting in.

Suppose your President had it on good authority that Swofford wasn't going to be around much longer. Would that change your mind about sticking with the ACC?
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:57 am

Well I sure as HELL don't want Swofford negotiating the next TV deal. He's shown unbelievable incompetence there. Hell, if you can't get a better football package with FSU, Clemson, VT, and Miami than the Big East got, you're pathetic.

The truth is, we ARE better off in a strong ACC than anywhere else - assuming the SEC is completely off the table. We could fit into the Big XII just fine, and personally I'd love playing Texas, Oklahoma, even Okie State/Kansas State more than our current lineup. The Big XII has better leadership for football schools, which we obviously are, but unless they poach ACC teams there really isn't anywhere for them go to right now (Louisville perhaps). But we have to get 3rd tier TV rights or a much larger compensation package to have any chance to compete with SEC teams - something IB just doesn't get. How are we supposed to compete with the SEC when they get twice as much money plus CBS/ESPN coverage when we are the Raycom GOTW on regional TV?

The Big East has already proven you can't live on basketball alone. They had/have an INCREDIBLY strong basketball conference but are still the laughing stock of the football world - a position that the ACC is sliding into more and more every year.

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia

Post by dave_rickart » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 am

especially after the Big East went 3-0 against the ACC this past weekend...

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia

Post by dave_rickart » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:08 am

Random, but funny.....

[img2]http://mars.wne.edu/~dsulliva/Team.jpg[/img2]

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 am

Heh - somebody posted that on my son's Facebook last spring - at the same time we all pointed out the two members of his baseball team it referred to.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:05 am

aTm wrote:It does put the ACC in line for full membership of Notre Dame if they go that way....just like the Big East was!
Big East had em for 3 games a year, we get em for 5. So yeah, we'll alter our conference and stay with an 8 game schedule just for that. BC will probably draw Notre Dame every year now.

Anyway, BC needs a break this week. We are 0-3 vs teams that are a combined 19-2. I mean for FUCK'S SAKE we draw the best Northwestern team since the year they went to the Rose Bowl. And Miami is back, score 31 on them and that is not enough, and we score 31 on Clemson and get clobbered....

...and we get FSU in Tallahasee next week.

Enough! no mas! Why can't we play a pussy BCS team early in our schedule like VPI or maybe GTech?
Last edited by innocentbystander on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 am

KeviNole wrote:Swofford is a proven idiot. While I don't think this move is a bad one for the conference, it's bad for FSU with regard to the buyout which locks us in no matter what. Swofford will now go to the networks and say, "look, we got another perennial Top 20 basketball team - can we renegotiate? Oh yeah, you can have our football rights for free as long as you understand how strong we'll be in basketball now."

We will have to make do with $10M less than our rivals unless we can figure a way out in the next couple of years.
$50 mil says you guys aren't going anywhere. Fuck you. BC, Miami, and VPI didn't burn their Big East bridges just to let FSU go to the SEC.

[youtube]IBx836c9ghw[/youtube]

Now KeviNole, you don't gotta thank us, but you ain't walkin away....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 am

KeviNole wrote:But we have to get 3rd tier TV rights or a much larger compensation package to have any chance to compete with SEC teams - something IB just doesn't get. How are we supposed to compete with the SEC when they get twice as much money plus CBS/ESPN coverage when we are the Raycom GOTW on regional TV?
What we have to get is a National Champion. The ACC has sucked at getting tv money because our 3 marque teams (VPI, FSU, and Clemson) haven't gotten it done. Rest assured KeviNole, it is NOT BC's responsibility to make the ACC look awesome in football. That is your job. So get it done.

And KeviNole, the next time BC is ranked #2 in the BCS, goes 8-0, with a once-in-a-generation QB, don't beat our asses again, okay? That was our one shot in a decade of winning a MNC.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 am

aTm wrote:It does put the ACC in line for full membership of Notre Dame if they go that way....just like the Big East was!
If we add Navy as team #15 then Notre Dame would be #16. We stay an 8 game schedule, Navy gets 4 OOC (USC, Stanford, Michigan, Michigan State.) Then in-conference Notre Dame gets Navy, Pittsburgh, BC, and well.... that is pretty much ALL the teams they want to play every year anyway. We split the conference properly (North vs South) and they get Syracuse, VPI, UVa, Maryland, and one South ACC team.

How could they say no? They get everything they want, everything they currently have.