Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:36 pm

crashcourse wrote:did they send comrades to vote in wisconcin Michigan Pennsylvania and ohio
Putin didn't need to send any apparatchiks to vote in the Rust Belt. They were already here, busy extracting American uranium and shipping it off to the Motherland ever since Putin made a big contribution to the Clinton Foundation.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Lessee. His cabinet is turning into part "Billionaires Buyers Club/part No Experience Required", a real headshaker. Or is it...Trump knows less than a 5th grader about the structure of the federal government, so why should any of his appointees? And when asked why he doesn't take daily intel briefings, naturally his reasoning is he's "a smart person" - presumably his brain can't hold any more smarts.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:05 pm

And now House republicans have introduced a bill to slash Social Security (the aim being to dismantle it to the point it HAS to be privatized). The plan is to turn SS from a program that replaces wages to one that produces basically one flat benefit, independent of how much a worker contributed. And to reduce COLAs for everyone (and eliminate them entirely for others). The retirement age gets raised to 69, and benefit cuts start in 2023 (6 years from now if anybody's counting).

Next up will be bills to cut and/or eliminate Medicare. So much for the vaunted third-rail of politics...everything is on the table in the age of Trump.

But hey - at least the left and the lamestream media are still choking on that big shit sammich! Lock her Up Up Up!!

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:56 pm

Meantime, that Access Hollywood tape is just now making the rounds. Trump talking about hitting on married women and actresses ("Being a star, they'll let you do anything...even grab them by the pussy." Lot's of stuff in that vein. He just put out a statement. saying those comments were "locker-room talk" and btw Bill Clinton made worse comments to him [Trump] on the golf course. Sorry if anybody was offended.."

:::laughingmymotherfuckingassoff:::

Big bluffer turns big whiner....

awwww....need a safe space?

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Since you brought it up, toe, I'll ask you. Other than your prez-elect, do you know anybody that goes around grabbing women by the pussy? Is that a thing? Can you even get a good handle on something like that?

Lock her Up Up UP!!!!

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:48 pm

Answer: Bill Clinton
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:06 pm

You can tell tick is still in spastic mode over the election results by the way he still feels obligated to answer Toe's posts.

Not sure why he's not giving us his usual DJIA update....

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:54 pm

sardis wrote:You can tell tick is still in spastic mode over the election results by the way he still feels obligated to answer Toe's posts.
Yeah sardis, I answer toe's posts. Whereas you and your ilk typically ignore him, I otoh hear him out and at least make an effort. Toe is a patriot - he may have shit for brains, but you can bet those turds are red, white, and blue, mister.

This is still a discussion thread after all; that much will never change. Or at the very least a place where prof can tryout his lame one-liners.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:43 pm

The FBI did it! Fake news! The Russians! Talk about clutching straws. "Wisconsin recount expands Trump margin". Christ...
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:44 am

10ac wrote:The FBI did it! Fake news! The Russians! Talk about clutching straws. "Wisconsin recount expands Trump margin". Christ...
LMAO Weeks before the election Trump went to every corner of the country and announced the election was rigged against him. Days AFTER the election he claimed 3 million illegal votes cost him the popular race. There's all kinds of evil going on HERE according to il Duce, but any mention of Russian chicanery is "crazy talk."

And in a totally unrelated matter (::wink::), Rex Tillerson, XO CEO and the highest decorated foreigner by Putin's government, is Trump's curious pick as Secretary of State.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 am

Speaking of fake news.....

Wisconsin’s historic presidential recount ended Monday resulting in a net gain of 131 votes for President-elect Donald Trump over Democrat Hillary Clinton, the Wisconsin Elections Commission said.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 am

bluetick wrote:
sardis wrote:You can tell tick is still in spastic mode over the election results by the way he still feels obligated to answer Toe's posts.
Yeah sardis, I answer toe's posts. Whereas you and your ilk typically ignore him, I otoh hear him out and at least make an effort. Toe is a patriot - he may have shit for brains, but you can bet those turds are red, white, and blue, mister.

This is still a discussion thread after all; that much will never change. Or at the very least a place where prof can tryout his lame one-liners.
Thanks,

This is how I view insults around here, as a medal to be displayed proudly.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:16 am

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:29 am

bluetick wrote:

Aw C'mon tick, how 'bout a DJIA update...for ol' time sake.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:40 am

he may have shit for brains...

At least I didn't go all ga-ga like you when ya'll hired Kiffy.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:56 am

Toemeesleather wrote:he may have shit for brains...

At least I didn't go all ga-ga like you when ya'll hired Kiffy.
I kid because I care. I have no doubt you know what's up wrt the current political climate. You'll wring what you can out of the left's comeuppance...but you know there's going to be a reckoning eventually. Don't be ashamed to air your doubts in a public forum - I'm here for you. Same goes for all you red-blooded mouthbreathers who value high moral character and sober judgment from your chosen leaders.

Was I overly optimistic about Kiffin? You bet - I'm just wired that way. I'm overly optimistic about the prez-elect too, definitely moreso than my broker.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 am

sardis wrote:Aw C'mon tick, how 'bout a DJIA update...for ol' time sake.
Apparently there's a lot of new money in the market, sardis - seems some people took money out of their mattresses and jumped in after the election. 'Course there's that old adage about when to buy and when to sell...do you think they invested at low tide? What's your outlook?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Pretty prescient...

"Still, his triumph, or the idea of it, was not beyond prediction. The fissures and frustrations in the American electorate were nothing new, and some commentators were notably alert to them. Before and after the election, a passage from Richard Rorty’s 1998 book, “Achieving Our Country,” circulated on social media. Rorty, a left-leaning philosopher, who died in 2007, predicted that the neglected working class would not tolerate its marginalization for long. “Something will crack,” he wrote:

'The nonsuburban electorate will decide that the system has failed and start looking around for a strongman to vote for—someone willing to assure them that, once he is elected, the smug bureaucrats, tricky lawyers, overpaid bond salesmen, and postmodernist professors will no longer be calling the shots. . . . One thing that is very likely to happen is that the gains made in the past forty years by black and brown Americans, and by homosexuals, will be wiped out. Jocular contempt for women will come back into fashion. . . . All the resentment which badly educated Americans feel about having their manners dictated to them by college graduates will find an outlet.'"
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Verrrry prescient.

"Build a wall, deport them all."

"I love the poorly educated."

they loved him back

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 pm

Remember Rick Perry's debate gaffe when he couldn't remember the Department of Energy? One of the departments he was going to do away with? "When I get to Washington there's three things I'm going to do away with - Commerce, Education, and uh..umm....uh........ah.....will somebody help me....Commerce, Education, and....dag gummit..."

[youtube]T0hC1a4-AGM[/youtube]

So guess who's going to be the new Secretary of Energy? LMAO