Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

sotola
Sophomore

Re: Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Post by sotola » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:48 pm

take care Yoss

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:49 am

[youtube]MBfYQOSSPqc[/youtube]
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:18 am

might as well queue that video to play in this thread for the next 10 years

this has been going on since CNNSI
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 am

sotola wrote:take care Yoss
And with that another cycle begins. Don't even know what's the point any more because everybody knows you'll be back recycling same shit again and again.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Rivers to the clips for a 1st rounder, looks like the KG deal will come maybe next week

I still think that makes us worst in the division if Ainge doesnt completely blow up the celtics
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:15 pm

unprotected 1st rounder in 2015

I like what the Clippers have done, but they havent been good enough good enough, long enough to be giving up unprotected 1st's

and they're going to lose Bledsoe

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:46 pm

I don't think KG deal gets approved. It's too soon and still way too obvious as they've made the knowledge of the negotiations too public. If you are going to do it, you tell everyone involved to keep their trap shut, make sure they do it and do the second deal months later. And even then, you'd have a hard time fooling the league.

I, too, think Clippers give up way too much, not just first round pick, but so much money to a coach all to keep Chris Paul. Sterling's cheap, all that money going to the two of them, they gotta be cutting some corners somewhere very soon, don't think they'd be good enough.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Doc Rivers’ compensation agreement states that Celtics and Clippers can’t exchange players until the end of the ‘13-’14 season, source says.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Sim,

How do you feel about Minny rejecting K. Love for Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters + #1 overall pick?

Basketball wise, I keep K. Love

but how confident are you that he stays beyond this contract? And if he suffers another extended injury I think he'll have earned the injury prone tag.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:01 am

I think its a horrible deal for Minny. 2 guys that *may* turn out to be rotational players and the #1 pick in a draft that doesn't have a clear star. If they really want to deal Love, they could get more.

I think Love stays if Minny shows enough improvement. The injuries are a concern, but they still seem a bit flukish.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 am

Cleveland trying to deal #1 pick left and right and a lot of teams in this draft interested in trading out/down. Never seen a draft with so little enthusiasm in recent memory. I wonder why Ujiri seems so interested in trading into it. Of course, Colangelo has been interested in buying/trading for a pick throughout the years as Raptors GM and nothing ever happened so chances are, nothing will likely happen, don't even think we have the assets, but still you have to wonder.

On the other hand, all these teams willing to trade their pick, I know Ujiri is still putting staff together and his 2nd in command is supposedly coming after the draft, but I think he should be calling around to see what guys like Lowry, DeRozan, and even Gay would fetch, if anything.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:13 am

Wolves should start looking at possibility of moving Love, he likes to talk too much about how the team needs to improve for him to stick around but he doesn't seem to realize his own injuries have been a big part of the problem. Enough teams have been burned hoping a star will stay if they show enough improvement, it's better to cut ties early and get the best deal possible. Oftentimes, they get desperate and make mistakes that they have a hard time of fixing after the star is gone. And yes, I'm talking about Raptors.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 am

Colangelo resigns.

Wow, expected him to be gone at some point but not this soon. Maybe a sign of things to come? Big changes may be coming or at least will be attempted that will tear the core Colangelo built apart and perhaps Colangelo just couldn't sit and watch? I sincerely hope so.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:12 pm

The Greater Toronto Area is now poised to produce back 2 back #1 overall picks in the NBA draft

never thought I'd ever say that

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:30 pm

nerlens noel & 1st traded to sixers for jrue holiday

sixers tanking hard next year

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:06 pm

OMG. We just drafted Shabazz...

We might as well trade Love for The Pelicans mascot....

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Thompson and now Bennett, Cavs love their Canadians. Seriously, both of them are serious reach and both undersized PF at that. In fact, all their recent picks except Irving has been a surprise reach. I'm not sure what their thought process is.

As for Raptors, a lot of noise of wanting a pick but nothing yet. In the meantime, a lot of deals going all around the NBA. Sounds eerily familiar.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:47 am

I was there for the draft, so I didn't hear any commentary. Did Shabazz even show up?

(Also, during one of my vendor visits, the Canadian relationship woman from my derivatives/collat mgmt provider brought me some Coffee Crisps. Holy shit those things are horrible & wonderful)
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:55 am

he was there but didn't get a green room invite. agreed on Philly dot.... that trade they made is brutal.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:15 am

cant wait for the 2020 Olympics..... that team will be a strong contender for a medal. 2016 should still be fairly exciting but the kids will be too young to be relevant.

and this draft had no one that was interesting that I can't say I was surprised to see Bennett go #1 or Noel/McLemore drop as much as they did. No player in this draft is distinguishable... it's just a matter of whether you want to draft a role player that probably won't ever be more than a role player or roll the dice on someone that appears to have more upside than he has shown to date. this draft is alot like the one that we got Bargnani