eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Fri May 27, 2011 8:07 am

Reagan had the right idea in Lebanon.

When they blew up the marines barracks, he was like "fuck this, these people are crazy, we're outta here". I'd rather give guns to Mexicans.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Hizzy III » Fri May 27, 2011 10:05 am

The amount of blowback the US has suffered based on their short term strategies in the Middle East is significant. But this isn't anything knew. A great deal of today's issues are a result of the west's immediate decisions following WWII ("We run this so just move out of the way and go bow down on your prayer rug").

We'll back one Arab assclown just long enough to have them assist us in whatever (knowing very well that their unscrupulous and maniacal). Then of course when they inevitably turn out to be that true pain in the ass, we'll stand up at podiums looking all agahst, as if we never had any prior relationship or that we didn't aid in their rise to depravity. Sadaam was a great guy, just so long as he was fighting Iran. The Taliban wasn't so bad, just so long as they were giving the Ruskies what for.

Oil and Israel is a nice description of our basic interests there.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 27, 2011 12:14 pm

eCat wrote:Reagan had the right idea in Lebanon.

When they blew up the marines barracks, he was like "fuck this, these people are crazy, we're outta here". I'd rather give guns to Mexicans.
The greatest President in any of our lifetimes was excellent at handling just 3 things, the only 3 things he cared about in the entire world:
  • Reagan hated taxes
  • Reagan hated inflation
  • Reagan hated Communism
Those were his enemies. That filled all his time. Handling those 3 things gave us dirt cheap gasoline, 4% unemployment (by 1984), the strongest US dollar in ALL of US history (1985), and the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain are now gone.

Things he did NOT care about (left for other administrations) that I wish he DID care about:
  • Secured border with Mexico, the 1986 Amnesty of Reagan's was a clusterfuck
  • Spending and debt. Reagan didn't give a fuck about debt
  • Islamic Fundamentalism
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri May 27, 2011 12:18 pm

I just commented on his handling of Lebanon, I wasn't nominating him for Mt. Rushmore
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri May 27, 2011 12:50 pm

"Innocent bystander (as is Dora) are obviously Wiki-warriors that don't have a clue as to what they are talking about."

Wait, I thought you said yesterday that Dora was the only one of us idiots that got it right? Now this? WTF?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Fri May 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Well, looks like I'll have to take back my kudos to Dallas for lowering their crime rate. Unfortunately, they've been using fuzzy math (in other words, utter bullshit), when reporting to the feds.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/communit ... s-6330.ece

If I'm a Dallas taxpayer, I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri May 27, 2011 2:48 pm

[youtube]PsBYBugvDek[/youtube]
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Post by Ron Mexico » Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Facebook dimbulbs who think the articles in the Onion are real news: http://literallyunbelievable.tumblr.com/

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri May 27, 2011 4:19 pm

I thought Reagan raised taxes.

Also, if Bush can get a bit of attribution for the slaying of bin Laden, then previous administrations can get their share of credit for continuing policies that forced the Soviet Union to spend themselves out of Communism.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Fri May 27, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm still not sure why people are so willing to give Reagan sole credit for the collapse of the European communist blocks when all he did was continue the same policies of previous administrations, which was to con the dumbasses to overspend on their military, particularly war heads and satellite equipment that they'd never need.

The US was able to produce jobs as a result of the spending; the Ruskies were basically their own customers.

Stormaktstiden
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Presbyterian

Post by Stormaktstiden » Fri May 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Reagan deserves much more credit for the collapse of the United States than he does for the collapse of the Iron Curtain. Before Reagan the US was the largest creditor nation on earth... after Reagan the US was the largest debtor nation on earth. Before Reagan the US had the largest and healthiest middle class the world has ever known... Reagan reversed that trend and under his administration the wealth of the US was siphoned out of the middle class to the upper 1%. A trend that continues to this day. Before Reagan, Unions helped to create that vibrant and healthy middle class... Reagan ushered in the era of Union Busting that again continues to this day. Prior to Reagan, a lot of white people didn't like black people... after Reagan, well some shit always stays the same.

Bottom line is everything that is wrong with the US can be traced back to the Reagan administration. History will judge him as the man that killed America.
Where vice is vengeance follows.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Keep drinking ******.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri May 27, 2011 5:40 pm

the union issue, and its negative and positive impact on economic status in this country, is a lot more complicated than "busted unions created the shrinking middle class."

That's a whole different line of posts...

Reagan definitely was not some tremendously awesome President and he certainly was no Conservative by today's standards. At best he'd be a Independent. Shit, Nixon would be branded Left of Obama if he ran today.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Stormaktstiden wrote:Reagan deserves much more credit for the collapse of the United States than he does for the collapse of the Iron Curtain. Before Reagan the US was the largest creditor nation on earth... after Reagan the US was the largest debtor nation on earth. Before Reagan the US had the largest and healthiest middle class the world has ever known... Reagan reversed that trend and under his administration the wealth of the US was siphoned out of the middle class to the upper 1%. A trend that continues to this day. Before Reagan, Unions helped to create that vibrant and healthy middle class... Reagan ushered in the era of Union Busting that again continues to this day. Prior to Reagan, a lot of white people didn't like black people... after Reagan, well some shit always stays the same.

Bottom line is everything that is wrong with the US can be traced back to the Reagan administration. History will judge him as the man that killed America.
Time for some history/economics lessons from the Wiki-Warrior.

Prior to Reagan, your "middle class" (the healthiest middle class the world has ever known, your words) wasn't able to just jot over to the Wal-Mart and buy the entire GDP of China for a couple of bucks. They had to pay top dollar from a tiny, local, retailer, who paid medium dollar from a wholesaler, who paid bottom dollar from the manufacturer. The only one who made out here is the local, bullshit, ma and pa business, because they were the only game in town. Small shops could charge WAY MORE for goods than the middle class people should have had to pay. So a very fortunate few made out while the rest of the people had to be very fussy over every purchase.

Prior to Reagan, only 10 to 15% of Americans had been anywhere near an airliner. Leisure air travel was ONLY for the wealthiest of people (which you will learn about in this Fall's new television show Pan Am.) And Reagan wasn't about to let air traffic controllers pad their own wallets at the expense of the free market. After Reagan, the low cost air carrier was born and everyone could afford to fly. Although Jimmy Carter does get some credit here for the bill he signed in 1978.

Prior to Reagan, people parked their cars (or I should say "car" [no s], since before Reagan most households had just one car if they were very fortunate) in half mile long lines waiting for gasoline that they could only buy every other day (1973 and 1979.) Try and manage a life like that and go on a long road trip vacation with your family, anywhere. Here's a hint, you wont be able to drive on vacation.

Prior to Reagan, people payed 17% interest (or more) on home mortgages. Of course, the benefit to this high interest was that the prices of homes were a tiny fraction of what they were before Reagan took over, and retired people with nest eggs actually had substantial incomes from their bank savings. This was the only reason why the US was a creditor nation prior to Reagan.

Prior to Reagan, the Soviet Union was invading everything in sight trying to convert anyone and everyone to Communism. Reagan's policies enabled Democrat Charlie Wilson to bankrupt the Soviets in Afghanistan and Reagan did whatever he had to for the Contras in Central America.

Prior to Reagan, Europe was only something ordinary US citizens knew about from television shows or history books. Thanks to Reagan and the insanely powerful US dollar, Ma and Pa could fly to France and almost buy a whole village.

And prior to Reagan, people in this country were mad as hell about everything that was going wrong, and all they could do was "take it." That Network movie didn't change a thing. Reagan gave pride back to the American people, people who thought they were beaten and left for dead.

We could very easily be the world's largest creditor again, but we have no real reason to, not when the US government is paying 1% to 2% on all it's debt. The money is almost "free" at that price. And every single time I hear some horseshit economist threaten us with the dreaded I-word (inflation) nothing ever comes of it, not in the last 30 years really. And that is mostly due to Reaganomics, even if you wont give the old Gipper his due.

Don't be a hater on Ronnie.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri May 27, 2011 6:20 pm

He should have just shot him once more., five times was a little extreme. I never would have given him life in prison though

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AjQ3kJfAkPnIs ... -of-murder

jw matthews
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by jw matthews » Fri May 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Where's the dorm house smack when it is appropriate. That post by IB is one of the most mindless stringing together of mindless bullshit you are likely to see.. Y'all gob smacked by it? Jack-off reading it? I know, I know. You are awe stricken by the punctuation and the spelling.......'what about them Cowboys.'

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri May 27, 2011 10:24 pm

You actually read all that shit???
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Jw just doesn't get it.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Sat May 28, 2011 2:28 am

aTm wrote:You actually read all that shit???
Heh.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Sat May 28, 2011 2:48 am

Reagan, who ran on the platform of shrinking gov't, instigated the single biggest piece of federal legislation to impact my life when he and that bitch Liddy Dole forced states to raise their drinking ages to receive highway funding. He was a lying, two-faced piece of shit and he should have been executed for high crimes against the state, starting with raising the drinking age just when I was about to turn 18. And all the other shit he pulled.

The man was a disaster. And his wife's pussy stank.