Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Or, as the poet said,
"Let it Be, Let it Be."
You've already worn your little weenie,
To a nub watching reruns on TV.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

jw matthews
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by jw matthews » Mon May 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Hah. That's good atm. I'll check back later and see if there is any "real'"smack here, or if the trend continues.....weenies roasting weenies for their own self gratification.

hey owlman.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon May 23, 2011 8:46 pm

This joint is occupied by smack ass little pussies, who never played the game, any game.
Joe Morgan was a Hall of Famer and apparently that didn't help him know dick about the game he covers/covered.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Stormaktstiden
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Presbyterian

Post by Stormaktstiden » Mon May 23, 2011 8:49 pm

I recommend the following as many don't seem very familiar with the topic at hand. I also recommend ignoring jw as he's a jackass whose entire point of being as a poster is to challenge other posters to prove something to his satisfaction. He's basically doing the same act here he pulled in the baseball thread which is also the same act he's pulled everywhere I've seen him post. Notice that in all his challenges he never himself demonstrates what he finds so utterly lacking in others. He blasted the baseball threads for days and then when finally presented with the opportunity to post something substantively on the subject he managed to ooze out a couple juvenile poster-licking trite little whimpers before hopping back on his high hypocrisy horse and flooding the joint with even more horseshit. Ignore the frozen little Alaskan bastard and focus on this great book:

Mearsheimer and Walt argue that "No lobby has managed to divert U.S. foreign policy as far from what the American national interest would otherwise suggest, while simultaneously convincing Americans that U.S. and Israeli interests are essentially identical".[26] They argue that "in its basic operations, it is no different from interest groups like the Farm Lobby, steel and textile workers, and other ethnic lobbies. What sets the Israel Lobby apart is its extraordinary effectiveness." According to Mearsheimer and Walt, the "loose coalition" that makes up the Lobby has "significant leverage over the Executive branch", as well as the ability to make sure that the "Lobby's perspective on Israel is widely reflected in the mainstream media." They claim that AIPAC in particular has a "stranglehold on the U.S. Congress", due to its "ability to reward legislators and congressional candidates who support its agenda, and to punish those who challenge it."

Mearsheimer and Walt decry what they call misuse of "the charge of anti-Semitism", and argue that pro-Israel groups place great importance on "controlling debate" in American academia; they maintain, however, that the Lobby has yet to succeed in its "campaign to eliminate criticism of Israel from college campuses" (see Campus Watch and U.S. Congress Bill H.R. 509). The authors conclude by arguing that when the Lobby succeeds in shaping U.S. policy in the Middle East, then "Israel's enemies get weakened or overthrown, Israel gets a free hand with the Palestinians, and the United States does most of the fighting, dying, rebuilding, and paying."[25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Israel ... ign_Policy
Last edited by Stormaktstiden on Mon May 23, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Where vice is vengeance follows.

Bluecat
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Bluecat » Mon May 23, 2011 8:51 pm

jw matthews wrote:What I like about this forum is that is doesn't even measure up to 'frat house' status. Its really low class dorm smack and cheap seats in the bleachers mostly. And I don't even think most of the posters deserve seats in the bleachers, really. Its damned depressing really.

Really?

Dora
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Dora » Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 pm

>The authors conclude by arguing that when the Lobby succeeds in shaping U.S. policy in the Middle East...

Does that mean the lobby hasn't succeeded yet?
Take life with a pinch of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Is this the same punk who was bitching about talking baseball yet never talked baseball? What a tool.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Opie light

jw matthews
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by jw matthews » Mon May 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Heh. So Crow wakes from his heroin doze and puts his know it all pontificator hat on.....as opposed to his smack talking, misogynist pussy hat....you know the one he wears when he gallivants outside. He's still a pretentious prick. When he steps up to the plate then he can talk, until then he is just one more phoney among many.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 pm

jw might just be our next project. Remember when DS was a dumb fuck like this New guy?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon May 23, 2011 10:18 pm

was?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 23, 2011 10:24 pm

aTm wrote:was?

Yeah but DS came to us as a young dumb hilljack and we turned him into an attorney. Good investment if you ask me. Plus, he keeps the fat chicks away.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Looks like jw's mom came home early. Mondays are usually slow on the streets.

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Tue May 24, 2011 12:05 am

I am not irrational, nor do I feel guilty about the way the US acted in World War II. While it's true that many Americans of that era were anti-Semitic, Americans had no idea what the NAZIs were doing until the end of the war. What happened in Germany does however effect my thinking about Israel.

After WWII, no people of earth have a better reason to want a homeland specifically under their own control.

For 18 centuries, since the Romans drove the Jews out of Palestine (today modern Israel, including the West Bank as well as parts of Jordan and Syria) the Jews have lived as unwelcome guests all across the middle east and Europe. Often harassed and persecuted, these people have been summarily expelled from regions, there homes and property confiscated; they have occasionally been subject to torture or murder simply because they were Jews.

People generally blame Hitler and his cronies for the holocaust, and rightly so. The vast majority of blame rests with those horrible NAZIs. But most people gloss over or forget that originally Hitler wasn't committed to murdering the Jews. Surely the NAZIs hated the Jews and may have desired genocide all along, but Initially the NAZIs did not intend to murder the Jewish people, but instead they wanted every single Jew deported from the Deutsch Lebensraum.

"The Jews must get out of Germany, indeed out of Europe altogether,"

-Joseph Goebbels (1937)

That's pretty much how the Arabs living in Palestine think too, although Palestine isn't Germany and wasn't really their country to begin with. But what has reason to do with any of this?

The trouble for the NAZIs was that no other country wanted the Germain Jews. For obvious reasons, Jews have never really been popular, and most nations either already had more Jews than they wanted or didn't want any Jews at all. This was a minor inconvenience for Hitler, but serious trouble for the Jews even though they didn't realize it at first.

Anyway, that's why I support Israel and the Jews' right to survive - so that unwanted, harassed and imperiled Jews will have a place to go the next time some lunatic decides they're better off dead.

I have nothing against the Arabs living in Palestine; if they are unhappy living in Israel, I suggest the other Arab nations make a place for them just as Israel welcomes all Jews seeking shelter there.

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Tue May 24, 2011 12:29 am

Jeez, Israel is trying to persuade the US that we should help them? How clever of those authors to notice this.

Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I believe the US should support Israel whether it's in our interest to do so or not. Not that supporting Israel is a loser for us. Nations will share common interests sometimes and at other times their interests will diverge. I don't see how that changes anything.

We should support Israel because it's the right thing to do.

Our policy in our relationships with other nations should be based on more than self interest. We should, as much as possible, base our actions on higher principles. This country was founded of certain ideas, we should support those. In the long run, we'll be better off if we stick to doing what's right. Unlike Israel, the US doesn't have to compromise it's principles to get along in this world.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Tue May 24, 2011 12:54 am

Why is the right thing to do? Abraham wasn't from Isreal. He settled there. Fucking interlopers from the start.
THE OG SSG

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue May 24, 2011 1:00 am

Bluecat wrote:
jw matthews wrote:What I like about this forum is that is doesn't even measure up to 'frat house' status. Its really low class dorm smack and cheap seats in the bleachers mostly. And I don't even think most of the posters deserve seats in the bleachers, really. Its damned depressing really.

Really?
Depression?? I can see that.
My Dad is my hero still.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue May 24, 2011 1:08 am

Owlman wrote:LOL. I know my worth.
innocentbystander wrote:Sidebar: I'm not even convinced the President believes half of what he has said about Israel surrendering the land to return to pre-1967 borders. I'm not even sure this President could identify or draw those pre-1967 borders on a map. I think President Barack Obama said that in order to appeal to the tiniest of minorities in the true-moderates category (that minority being the white, self-sufficient, atheist/religion-is-stupid, Palestine WAS a country, and never-been-to-Israel-and-never-going-there-either crowd) that the President had in 2008 but might not have in 2012. I
So your belief is that the President stated a policy that has been the same for some 44 years specifically to appeal to a very small voting percentage while at the same time potentially alienating one of the biggest most powerful PACS in the country?

Interesting!
Owl, who are 90% of the Jews in the United States going to vote for if they DON'T vote for President Obama in 2012? Romney? I don't think so. And you don't either.

President Obama had NOTHING TO LOSE by making those remarks.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue May 24, 2011 1:15 am

Democrats get 90% of Jewish vote?

Either way, the President's speech was no change in U.S. policy and the language he used had been specifically used previously. So I just don't accept the premise that this was done to effect some small minority. I do agree that he had nothing to lose by making those remarks, but that's because those remarks were NOTHING NEW!
My Dad is my hero still.