Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Ben Washburn
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Ben Washburn » Sun May 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Well, I don't know if I went up or down when the world ended, but whicever way I went it's not a whole lot different than Maryland.

Well, when I put it that way it's pretty obvious I went down. But it must be just purgatory because it's not as bad as Ohio.
This is a block of text that I added to posts I make. There is a 255 character limit but I didn't need to use it all.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun May 22, 2011 6:00 pm

UK is already out of media credentials for the UK/UNC game at Rupp
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 22, 2011 6:04 pm

in what is a bit of stale news from the past few days, the APR has effected several schools. Louisville loss of 3 scholarships has been mentioned, and now UConn has been the featured story with the loss of 2 scholarships due to poor scores. The official report hasn’t been released by the schools have been notified that the official notice will come next week and, thus, the news seeped out.

“UConn has already been docked one of its 13 scholarships because of NCAA recruiting violations. The loss of scholarships due to the APR report will leave the school with 10 for the next academic year.”

“A low rating is costly to Calhoun personally. His contract calls for him to donate $100,000 to a UConn scholarship fund if the program doesn’t meet the APR. He also will forfeit his postseason bonus of $87,500, earned during UConn’s run to the national title”

UConn did win the national title this year, which is always huge accomplishment. Unfortunately, it included beating our beloved Wildcats. Seeing a program who has been whispered and rumored to be committing violations finally take a little flack for it is refreshing. People complain about Cal and UK, but it seems there is more hard evidence against Calhoun these days.

And on the heels of the APR news, Calhoun seems to be questioning a return to Storrs at all next season. Calhoun told Brett McMurphy of CBSsports.com that, “Right now I can honestly tell you I’m 55/45” on returning. “I’m kind of on a honeymoon right now with this bride [after winning the national championship].” There’s an Evan Daniels joke in there somewhere.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 22, 2011 6:06 pm

SEC considering dropping E/W divisions for basketball. From Oscar Combs
“Make no mistake about it, a lot has to do with opening round of SEC tourney where it’s an empty house because top teams get byes. Heck, from fan’s standpoint, a 22-game SEC card where there is a true round-robin schedule would really be exciting, but that won’t happen. Number one, it would squeeze some great non-conference games off a schedule, not to mention cutting cupcakes from coaching viewpoint. Should be interesting week for SEC Spring Retreat in Florida. Conference officials are now being hounded by ESPN for better programing.”

O.E.
Recruit
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by O.E. » Sun May 22, 2011 6:55 pm

eCat wrote:UK is already out of media credentials for the UK/UNC game at Rupp
The hype surrounding that game will be insane, assuming both teams come in playing well. If both are undefeated, it might be the most watched preseason OOC game in NCAA history.

oe

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 22, 2011 7:19 pm

yea, I hope the game isn't a let down

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun May 22, 2011 7:34 pm

I may be going to that game with some friends, regardless of how much a ticket will cost.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 22, 2011 9:23 pm

I'll be watching reruns of Family Guy

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 22, 2011 10:36 pm

damn, 60 minutes fucking raped Lance Armstrong tonight. Both of his most confident riders from the US postal team have turned on him in a federal investigation and testified under oath that he took EPO, testosterone and had blood transfusions.

Hamilton also gave up information that Armstrong failed a test in 2001 and had the cycling league cover it up on his behalf in in turn he donated 25K and 100K consecutive years to them.

Armstrong is going to jail like Marion Jones

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Sun May 22, 2011 10:40 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 22, 2011 10:42 pm

if he doesn't go to jail its because he is considered an American hero because I don't think there is any doubt the guy was doping big time now.

Hamilton was very reluctant to say what he said tonight and he only has immunity if he isn't caught in a lie.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Seriously? None of you thought Lance was using something?

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun May 22, 2011 11:04 pm

It's cycling. I didn't give a fuck.
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 22, 2011 11:10 pm

Exactly.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon May 23, 2011 6:15 am

at first I didn't think he was, just because he was passing all those tests and his denial was so adamant.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Mon May 23, 2011 10:02 am

thing that's odd is I thought armstrong had nut cancer and has to be on testosreone as they radiated or cut his nuts off.

the EPO issue is odd to. the red blood cell count was supposed to be normal during testing so they would adjust the EPO dosage accordingly. no way to beat a test to check for redbloodcell count so the EPO doesn't really helpif your red blood cell count is normal the day of the race.

course the other biker on 60 minutes said he was passed left and right when not on it.

Stormaktstiden
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Presbyterian

Post by Stormaktstiden » Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 am

Owlman wrote:It's cycling. I didn't give a fuck.
Exactly. We've had Karl Rove thumbing his nose at Congressional Subpeonas and getting away with it. Bankers and Investment Charlatans perjuring themselves right and left without a whimper from Justice over bankrupting the entire world while lavishing themselves in bonuses that they don't even try and defend...

But by GOD you let an athlete lie about playing a children's game and they'll go after you with everything they've got. This is just one more aspect of the Obama administration that is exactly like Bush Jr.'s was.
Where vice is vengeance follows.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon May 23, 2011 11:26 am

I'm not particularly thrilled they are going after these guys in a sport that is rampant with cheating.

The guys last night made it pretty clear that you don't win if you didn't use EPO. Not only that but you don't even qualify.

I understand why Armstrong had to deny he took PED's. If you lie once, you have to continue the lie

I just thought the guy was super human. I'm a bit disappointed that he isn't now.

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Mon May 23, 2011 11:36 am

eCat wrote:I'm not particularly thrilled they are going after these guys in a sport that is rampant with cheating.

The guys last night made it pretty clear that you don't win if you didn't use EPO. Not only that but you don't even qualify.

I understand why Armstrong had to deny he took PED's. If you lie once, you have to continue the lie

I just thought the guy was super human. I'm a bit disappointed that he isn't now.
he's still fairly awesome if everyone was doing it and all his doping amounted to was to give him an even playing field

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon May 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Sorta. It could also mean that your scientific methods were better than the competition. So it's not quite level. However, you could argue it's like having a great training/med staff.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.