Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Fifer
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Fifer » Sun May 08, 2011 12:49 pm

If Tubby leaves Minnesota he'll hang it up, maybe get into broadcasting, but he'll be done coaching.

Stormaktstiden
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Presbyterian

Post by Stormaktstiden » Sun May 08, 2011 1:34 pm

If Liggins isn't announcing until tomorrow then doesn't that mean that he's leaving since it's past the deadline?
Where vice is vengeance follows.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun May 08, 2011 2:16 pm

if Liggins stays he starts at the 2?

Gichrist at the 3 & Jones at the 4?
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Sun May 08, 2011 2:18 pm

I personally think we'll have so much firepower on offense that Liggins will be a starter for his defense alone. If not a starter, he'll get significant minutes coming off the bench. I just don't see a diminished role for him next year even with the talent we have coming in.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Our boy Hite is in the Derby City, on the party scene rubbin elbows with the bigshots. One of those VIP’s, Coach Larry Brown( friend/mentor to Cal) tells us that DeAndre did not impress the NBA execs this weekend according to Cal, and will return to UK for his senior year.
We want what’s best for DeAndre, and if leaving school to support his fam is what he needs to do, more power. But if getting a degree, winning a National Title and improving his stock is what the pros suggest, probably a good idea to listen. Official word to come in the next
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Stormaktstiden
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Presbyterian

Post by Stormaktstiden » Sun May 08, 2011 4:40 pm

eCat wrote:I personally think we'll have so much firepower on offense that Liggins will be a starter for his defense alone. If not a starter, he'll get significant minutes coming off the bench. I just don't see a diminished role for him next year even with the talent we have coming in.
While Liggins is the best defender on the team by far he is no slouch offensively, either. According to Cal he's the best 3pt shooter in practice on the team and towards the end of the year he was making some huge shots.

Liggins comes back and shows a consistent outside shot to go along with his defense and penetration then he could easily play himself into the first round.

He comes back and Kentucky is clearly #1 no questions asked. The freshmen will be able to take their time without carrying the load as Jones, Miller, and Liggins will be a huge boost to what is widely considered one of the greatest recruiting classes ever that Cal is bringing in this year. Everybody can shoot, Everybody can play defense. Going to be a tough team to deal with.
Where vice is vengeance follows.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 08, 2011 6:16 pm

UK has called a press conference at 2 p.m. ET tomorrow

that pretty much means one thing regarding Liggins :(

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun May 08, 2011 7:13 pm

According to DraftExpress Tweet, Liggins is gone:
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria

by DraftExpress

Kentucky junior DeAndre Liggins just texted to say he`s `staying in the draft.`
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun May 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Who is T Dot O Dot?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Sun May 08, 2011 8:20 pm

A Canadian.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun May 08, 2011 8:51 pm

heh

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun May 08, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm a Raptor fan from Toronto

and a newly landed refugee from the WX NBA forum

I'm currently crushing on Brandon Knight so I've been following the Kentucky situation

btw, Jamal Magloire is a punk... but you probably already knew that

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Fuckin Canadians. Minus Smeee of course.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Sun May 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Liggins stays in the draft. As big a mistake IMO as the Marquis Estill decision. Liggins will be a 2nd to 3rd round pick. Could have been a late 1st rounder next season. Plus no guarantee money if there's a lockout which no doubt there will be. He was the difference between a title run and a hopeful Final Four next season. Let's just go ahead and hand the trophy to those heels now.

onion eyed gudgeon
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Arizona

Post by onion eyed gudgeon » Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 am

Lol.

Right. Sean Miller would leave one of the top three jobs in the country for ersatz Maryland. I'm sorry Gary Williams is gone, he was one of the likeable ACC coaches and he was a major polyp in Coach K's ass.

However, Miller is a Wildcat - at least for the short-term, and has quickly un*fucked the mess, assembled one of the best recruiting classes in recent history (anywhere) and is in good shape to get Shabazz, as well. He has the keys to the city. He has the money and security. Why give it up for perennial third-or-forth rung program on the ACC ladder and have to fight those schools along with the Big Least et al. for every recruit in the east ? Wouldn't make sense right now.

However, in this day of unfettered greed, I think every really good coach in the country is fair game for the bang of a big buck. So, we will just have to tolerate the Cartels and assorted dirty Mexican cops coming along offering big inducements for Coach Miller's services.

Cheers !

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 am

"Yes, Liggins is the key. But, having Jones back is certainly not something to shrug at. Another match-up nightmare at the 4-spot, critical depth on the front line, somebody in the post besides Vargas who has NCAA tourney experience. And it's another spoonful of shit that Hedge has to swallow."

"I ordinarily don't like homer jobs even when they benefit UK, but in this instance I'm willing to hold my nose after last year. I hope we get the most outrageous officiating ever in the history of Duke basketball."

Yeah, it's a big spoonful of shit to swallow alright, Jones really made an impression on me in Chapel Hill last year. Most fearsome player I've ever seen. And for Crow's whining pussy ass, I'm sure it was the ref's fault that Jones went 3-17 in Chapel Hill last year and got his shit packed numerous times by Zeller and Henson, both of whom outscored and outrebounded him by a wide margin. The guy was so shell-shocked by the way Zeller and Henson publicly and brutally raped him on the court, he just started jacking up long shots (and missed most of those) b/c he was too fucking terrified to come in the paint and try and play with real men. I can't wait to see Zeller and Henson rape his stupid fat ass again next year, this time in front of his home crowd. I'm sure Crow will be whining his pussy ass off about the refs to make excuses for Jones's sorry ass, too. UK fans are great at making excuses...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 09, 2011 10:12 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 09, 2011 10:14 am

Look at that little faggot Jones trying to act like he can do shit against real post players. He looks like a little bitch and he cried like one, too. Just like Crow...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 09, 2011 10:15 am

Arizona. Heh.