Ostensibly Hoops

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Tree » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:21 pm

This DJ Burns guy can operate in the post. Has to be one of the top players in the country.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:21 pm

Down goes Duke. What a weekend for NC State basketball. When was the last time both teams made the final four?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:35 pm

Wolfies!
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:12 pm

DS is still around? And Hedge? What about 10ac?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:59 pm

Unfortunately DS & hedge are still with us but we lost 10ac in 21.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:03 pm

Lost? He died?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:36 pm

I searched. Covid. It grieves me. He was a truly nice guy, and that’s so rare these days.
— Abraham Lincoln

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:44 pm

Burns is another Kenneth Lofton…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:35 am

AlabamAlum wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:36 pm I searched. Covid. It grieves me. He was a truly nice guy, and that’s so rare these days.
Yeah it sucks. But hey, now we have Tree. :evil: :roll:
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:47 am

If FDR and Churchill could work with Stalin to defeat Hitler, I can pull for State to beat Dook.

I have a deep-seated hatred of NC State derived from being raised in a community with at least a plurality of State fans/alums and hailing from a family dominated by State fans/alums. Heck, I have an uncle (kiss my ass) that is seen standing behind V in "Survive and Advance" along with cousins (kiss my ass again) who have been athletes, administrators, and assistant AD at State. So, in a weird sense, I guess one could say that it is a complicated hatred, at least when it comes to basketball, because I have something of a soft spot deep down amongst the hatred.

Dad always loved NC State, and even though he softened in his hatred of Carolina to the point that he rooted for Carolina when they weren't playing State. Still, State was always in his heart as his first love and favorite. He acted like he didn't care about rooting for State to beat Carolina in an effort to keep the peace, but I knew deep down he was happy when it happened. So, while I had not been pulling for State per se before they played Dook, seeing them win made me happy deep down amongst all of the disdain I have for that hell hole.

The game today was tough for me in a way. Seeing State win made me happy thinking about how excited my dad, my aunt and her husband, and my recently deceased uncle would have been had they been here to see this run, but at the same time, I have experienced a quite a bit of sadness this evening by being reminded that they are no longer with us and that my daughter will never know them. Still, the joy outweighs the negative.

So, until this run is over, I will leave you with this....

I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:29 am

I never knew anyone that post here died of Covid. Very sorry to hear that
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:59 am

"If FDR and Churchill could work with Stalin to defeat Hitler, I can pull for State to beat Dook."

I always kinda had the impression that Churchill wasn't that tall, and it's true, he was 5'6", but I only learned recently that Stalin was 5'4". The otherwise feeble FDR, who I never really had an impression of how tall or short he was, but I never really thought he was particularly tall, towered over both (well, when he wasn't in his wheelchair) at 6'2". I bet that pissed off Stalin...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:49 am

hedge wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:59 am "If FDR and Churchill could work with Stalin to defeat Hitler, I can pull for State to beat Dook."

I always kinda had the impression that Churchill wasn't that tall, and it's true, he was 5'6", but I only learned recently that Stalin was 5'4". The otherwise feeble FDR, who I never really had an impression of how tall or short he was, but I never really thought he was particularly tall, towered over both (well, when he wasn't in his wheelchair) at 6'2". I bet that pissed off Stalin...
I am listening to volume 1 of Stephen Kotkin’s soon to be completed trilogy on Stalin (I don’t have time to sit down and read something that deep right now and I have found that though not a 1:1 replacement, listening isn’t a bad substitute for me all things considered)

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:09 am

AlabamAlum wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:36 pm I searched. Covid. It grieves me. He was a truly nice guy, and that’s so rare these days.
He was posting about it for a bit. Then, nothing.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:18 am

hedge wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:59 am "If FDR and Churchill could work with Stalin to defeat Hitler, I can pull for State to beat Dook."

You always struck me as more of a Chamberlain type.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:20 am

I have no real rooting interest in who is left in the tournament. It has been an outstanding tournament so far and I want it to last. That said, I suppose I should root for the Wolfies for just two reasons: #1) they represent the ACC which is still where my allegiance is and #2) its fun to root for the underdog, the Cinderella at the ball. 9 straight wins at the end of the season, very impressive.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:48 am

DooKSucks wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:47 am If FDR and Churchill could work with Stalin to defeat Hitler, I can pull for State to beat Dook.

I have a deep-seated hatred of NC State derived from being raised in a community with at least a plurality of State fans/alums and hailing from a family dominated by State fans/alums. Heck, I have an uncle (kiss my ass) that is seen standing behind V in "Survive and Advance" along with cousins (kiss my ass again) who have been athletes, administrators, and assistant AD at State. So, in a weird sense, I guess one could say that it is a complicated hatred, at least when it comes to basketball, because I have something of a soft spot deep down amongst the hatred.

Dad always loved NC State, and even though he softened in his hatred of Carolina to the point that he rooted for Carolina when they weren't playing State. Still, State was always in his heart as his first love and favorite. He acted like he didn't care about rooting for State to beat Carolina in an effort to keep the peace, but I knew deep down he was happy when it happened. So, while I had not been pulling for State per se before they played Dook, seeing them win made me happy deep down amongst all of the disdain I have for that hell hole.

The game today was tough for me in a way. Seeing State win made me happy thinking about how excited my dad, my aunt and her husband, and my recently deceased uncle would have been had they been here to see this run, but at the same time, I have experienced a quite a bit of sadness this evening by being reminded that they are no longer with us and that my daughter will never know them. Still, the joy outweighs the negative.
That was nice.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:15 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:48 am

eCat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:15 am
He's hilarious. Great parody account.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:09 pm

My prediction

The refs are going to catch wind of the growing backlash of Purdue getting all the fouls and change it up for NC St.

Purdue will be stunned by NC ST