The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:22 pm

Only if we draw that super powerhouse PRINCETON again.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:15 am

Carolina’s first outright ACC regular-season championship in seven years, since 2016-17, indeed can be claimed in Saturday night’s showdown with rival Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Seventh-ranked UNC (24-6 overall, 16-3 ACC) leads the ninth-ranked Blue Devils (24-6, 15-4) by one game atop the league standings with only their regular-season finale remaining, and has secured at least a share of the ACC title for the 33rd time.

UNC and Duke will collide in their final regular-season game with some form of first place in the ACC hanging in the balance for the 29th time in 71 seasons.

Across the last 20 years, the Tar Heels have squared off against the Blue Devils on eight occasions in regular-season finales when they needed a victory to finish first in the ACC, whether in an outright or shared capacity. And remarkably, UNC has won all eight of those previous high-stakes matchups — in March 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2019 — a perfect run amid the pressure cooker of rivalry that only enhances former coach Roy Williams’ rich legacy.
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:53 am

I wish you would square off with a chainsaw.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:15 pm

Is it me or does everything seem a week later when it comes to the tournaments. I thought for sure we'd be in the conference tournaments by now.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:18 pm

It is. The finals usually would be the 1st concurrent (Monday) with Opening Day. Now baseball opens on the Thursday before.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:20 pm

Cincy is just a few players away from being mid to upper in the B12.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:35 pm

statement win for Kentucky.

they can beat any team in the nation

or they could lose to Morehead

at least they are good enough that no team wants to face them

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:36 pm

what is it about Duke that just makes every white guy that plays for them a complete douche?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:42 pm

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:55 am

hedge wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:15 am Carolina’s first outright ACC regular-season championship in seven years, since 2016-17, indeed can be claimed in Saturday night’s showdown with rival Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Seventh-ranked UNC (24-6 overall, 16-3 ACC) leads the ninth-ranked Blue Devils (24-6, 15-4) by one game atop the league standings with only their regular-season finale remaining, and has secured at least a share of the ACC title for the 33rd time.

UNC and Duke will collide in their final regular-season game with some form of first place in the ACC hanging in the balance for the 29th time in 71 seasons.

Across the last 20 years, the Tar Heels have squared off against the Blue Devils on eight occasions in regular-season finales when they needed a victory to finish first in the ACC, whether in an outright or shared capacity. And remarkably, UNC has won all eight of those previous high-stakes matchups — in March 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2019 — a perfect run amid the pressure cooker of rivalry that only enhances former coach Roy Williams’ rich legacy.
Add 2024!

The Tradition of k*aMORON outhouse Ass Kickings continues...

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:59 am

eCat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:36 pm what is it about Duke that just makes every white guy that plays for them a complete douche?

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:00 am

Suspend that brotherfucker!

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:11 pm

The Anti k* wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:59 am
eCat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:36 pm what is it about Duke that just makes every white guy that plays for them a complete douche?
In the great tradition of Laetner, the Godfather of douchbags.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:51 pm

Two years ago, Duke lost to Carolina at Cameron Indoor Stadium in no small part because they could not possibly conceive that they might lose to Carolina.

And then Saturday they went and did it again.

Every single person on Gameday picked Duke. The host—whose son went to Duke—and another analyst—who played at Duke—did not make picks, but you can probably guess who they would have selected. Jay Williams, who is most notable in his post-basketball career for being an incredible meme while begging for a timeout at that game two years ago, proclaimed that Duke was going to "kick that ass."
Let us pause here for a moment to try to imagine Hubert Davis doing the same thing when he had a regular role on Gameday a decade ago. Maybe "kick that bejeebies" just doesn't have the same ring.

In hindsight, and I will need to watch the tape, perhaps I misheard Williams. He may have said "trip that ass." In which case, mission accomplished.

My best two new friends from Saturday are the two Duke students who had "DDMF" tattooed on their inner bottom lip. I truly hope that was a temporary tattoo. Without them, I would never have known that a "DDMF" tattoo on your bottom lip looks very much like the word "DUMB" tattooed on your bottom lip.

My favorite people right now are the ones who are staring quizzically at the screen, wondering what DDMF stands for. Oh, gentle readers, it's just an expression that the Cameron Crazies shout at the top of their lungs multiple times per game to wild applause from the national media. The "F" doesn't stand for "bejeebies," let's put it that way.

But they have to shout it, because it is on the script. And nothing happens at Cameron if it is not on the script.

For example: Duke called a timeout with 14:24 left in the game. Carolina had built a 52-43 lead thanks to a 7-0 run that included baskets from Armando Bacot, Jae'Lyn Withers and Ryan.

At that moment, trailing by nine and needing to reenergize the crowd, the bass-thumping Cameron speakers played…

"My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion.

I know you do not believe this. I know you will think I am making it up. May the ghost of Danny Green's dunk strike me down if I am lying. The song was "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion.

Maybe it makes sense. After all, with 2:09 remaining in the game and Carolina up just six and the game still in doubt, there was no other song that could be played, no other music in the world that could ignite almost 10,000 people, other than the Duke band playing a slow version of Cascada's "Everytime We Touch."
If your high school's Anime Club had unfettered access to body paint, it would be very much like Saturday night in Durham.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:52 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:56 pm

aren't you in Barcelona?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:40 pm

Barcelona, AR

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:01 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:40 pm Barcelona, AR
you gotta try the fried bologna sandwiches

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:29 pm

Mmmmmmmm...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:26 am

Going to see Barcelona vs Milan tonight..