The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:24 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:00 pm Bearcats twitter is a mess. They've lost 7 Big12 games by 5 or less. I think they're on schedule for next year but I ain't getting in the middle of it.
Problem is, they agreed to be in the Big-XII. That IS the problem. It used to be that the ACC was the men's hoops powerhouse. That is no longer the case. That is now the Big-XII. Baylor. Kansas. BYU. Texas Tech. Fucking Houston! And adding Utah and (most importantly) Arizona to the Big-XII next year is going to make what was a brutal situation for Cincinnati, an impossible one.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:34 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:09 pm ESPN #1 Play Of The Day

Dillingham has had is ass chewed all year for just not giving a damn on defense, especially after scoring a big bucket

watch him make the shot and then follow him on his man for the put back
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:55 pm

We'd be first in the entire SEC if you ranked it by the NCAA's stupid Quad 1 record, but like only above Missouri in Quad 3 record.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:19 pm

It has to be over for Cal.

To have this much talent and mismanage it to this extent is intentional.

Wins are a by product of his coaching approach to basketball. He doesn't coach to win, he coaches to a system, and if UK wins, great, if not, there is no accountability by him.

If things remain status quo I gotta believe in 6 weeks the Calipari era is over in Kentucky

I fully expect his replacement to suck for 4 years before they get serious about hiring someone capable
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:19 pm It has to be over for Cal.
Do you just cut and paste this from the previous years’ posts?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:52 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:24 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:00 pm Bearcats twitter is a mess. They've lost 7 Big12 games by 5 or less. I think they're on schedule for next year but I ain't getting in the middle of it.
Problem is, they agreed to be in the Big-XII. That IS the problem. It used to be that the ACC was the men's hoops powerhouse. That is no longer the case. That is now the Big-XII. Baylor. Kansas. BYU. Texas Tech. Fucking Houston! And adding Utah and (most importantly) Arizona to the Big-XII next year is going to make what was a brutal situation for Cincinnati, an impossible one.
I don't ever see UC winning the B12. All they need is to get a bid. They're young but so are a bunch of others. We'll see.

The Anti k*
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by The Anti k* » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:04 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:19 pm It has to be over for Cal.

To have this much talent and mismanage it to this extent is intentional.

Wins are a by product of his coaching approach to basketball. He doesn't coach to win, he coaches to a system, and if UK wins, great, if not, there is no accountability by him.

If things remain status quo I gotta believe in 6 weeks the Calipari era is over in Kentucky

I fully expect his replacement to suck for 4 years before they get serious about hiring someone capable
I’ve seen posts on Rupp’s Rafters recently saying, “Cal has wasted more talent than any coach in NCAA history with only one damn title to show for it with a generational talent! That used to be Dean Smith, but he’s faaaar worse.”

That used to would’ve pissed me offttt in my younger days, but now, I’m content to let some other coach take over that burden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:06 pm

Here's the thing: Coach Smith didn't waste talent like those mouth breathers claim. He had to be the unluckiest coach in history during the month of March.

1967-1969 and 1972: No one was beating UCLA

1977: the All-America starting point guard could barely lift his right arm, the All-America starting shooting guard had a broken index finger on his shooting hand that had be drained before and after practices and between halves, and the all-american starting center was out with a blown knee

1981: ran up against a red hot IU

1984: starting PG was playing with a gimp hand that had been broken two months prior to losing to IU

1991, 1995 and 1997 were all freakishly uncharacteristic shooting performances from outside (and that fat fuck from Arkansas who hit that half court shot can burn in hell next to Lute Olsen where they belong)
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:06 pm

"1984: starting PG was playing with a gimp hand that had been broken two months prior to losing to IU"

I'll give you the others, but no way any team with Michael Jordan as a junior should've lost, but I guess he is human after all. Second most disappointing UNC tourny loss ever, behind 1998. 2022 should be in that conversation, but after beating Duke in the Final Four, the finals were almost like "meh." That one is going to end up haunting us, esp. after being up double digits at halftime. You can't let an opportunity like that slip away from you. Plus it would've put to bed all our previous tourny losses to KU. Yeah, we've still got 1957, but let's face it, that might as well have been 1857. Of course, UK fans are still living on their NC's from the 1940 and early 1950's when there were like 6 teams in the entire tourny, but we're not UK (thank god)...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:08 pm

"I fully expect his replacement to suck for 4 years before they get serious about hiring someone capable"

Gillispie??
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:37 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:08 pm "I fully expect his replacement to suck for 4 years before they get serious about hiring someone capable"

Gillispie??
no but probably a similar record

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:13 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:37 pm
hedge wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:08 pm "I fully expect his replacement to suck for 4 years before they get serious about hiring someone capable"

Gillispie??
no but probably a similar record
You want Earl Grant? Please take him.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:50 pm

there isn't any coach I am excited about that is realistic

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:36 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:50 pm there isn't any coach I am excited about that is realistic
If he keeps yapping and bitching, and he can't get St John's to at least the NIT, you might be able to get Rick Pitino back

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:21 am

I didn't fully understand the gravity of this at my age but I'm happy to say I watched it

44 years ago

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:33 am

Memphis is clearly the worst team in college basketball.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:39 am

Oh, and I’m sure Calipari still has Josh Pastner on speed dial…maybe he could coach Kentucky?
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:39 am

And there’s always Tubby…

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:55 am

eCat wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:21 am I didn't fully understand the gravity of this at my age but I'm happy to say I watched it

44 years ago

It was awesome even though tape delayed. Word got around they won before the telecast that night, even without social media. Some say this is an over exaggeration, but I believe this event was the main catalyst that turned this country around. Led to Charlie Daniels “In America” a few months later, then the election of Reagan later that year.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:21 am

Dave23 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:33 am Memphis is clearly the worst team in college basketball.
You have to be pretty bad to beat A&M.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.