DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:25 pm

The Anti k* wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:46 am
Coach Smith made a statement along the lines of "I love my son, but I don't know if I love him that much." when asked what he (Coach Smith) thought about Driessell drawing up a play for Lefty's son (Chuck), a seldom used reserve, to take the final shot against a Jordan and Perkins led Carolina squad.

Driessell despised Smith because Coach Smith constantly had the upper hand on Coach Smith, but as in many things, the two made peace in old age. Driessell had a very touching story he shared when Coach Smith passed:

Once, during a coaches meeting, Dean Smith made Lefty Driesell so angry the old Maryland coach wrote Smith a letter telling him he'd never shake his hand again.

True to his word, the next time Maryland and North Carolina played, Driesell turned away the man he liked to call "a hook-nosed, little sucker."

Yet years later, when Driesell's son, Chuck, came to him for advice about coaching, Driesell had just one tip.

"I told him, 'Don't model yourself after me; model yourself after Dean,'" Driesell recalled Sunday while driving home from Duke's game against Notre Dame. "Dean always said the right thing, did the right thing. He was a true gentleman."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... played-him
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:26 pm

And Purdue goes down to a team coached by a temp.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

The Anti k*
Junior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by The Anti k* » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:19 am

DooKSucks wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:25 pm
The Anti k* wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:46 am
Coach Smith made a statement along the lines of "I love my son, but I don't know if I love him that much." when asked what he (Coach Smith) thought about Driessell drawing up a play for Lefty's son (Chuck), a seldom used reserve, to take the final shot against a Jordan and Perkins led Carolina squad.

Driessell despised Smith because Coach Smith constantly had the upper hand on Coach Smith, but as in many things, the two made peace in old age. Driessell had a very touching story he shared when Coach Smith passed:

Once, during a coaches meeting, Dean Smith made Lefty Driesell so angry the old Maryland coach wrote Smith a letter telling him he'd never shake his hand again.

True to his word, the next time Maryland and North Carolina played, Driesell turned away the man he liked to call "a hook-nosed, little sucker."

Yet years later, when Driesell's son, Chuck, came to him for advice about coaching, Driesell had just one tip.

"I told him, 'Don't model yourself after me; model yourself after Dean,'" Driesell recalled Sunday while driving home from Duke's game against Notre Dame. "Dean always said the right thing, did the right thing. He was a true gentleman."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... played-him
DS — Here’s video of Jordan pinning Chuck Driesell.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:21 pm

more announcing like this pls

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:49 pm

Houston looked marvelous last night. Granted, game was at home. Still, it was Iowa State.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:21 pm

She's black so she won't be fired.

(says any self respecting Republican)
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:49 pm Houston looked marvelous last night. Granted, game was at home. Still, it was Iowa State.
Kelvin Sampson is still the coach.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:12 am

Is this BYU-Baylor game the audition for Cal’s replacement at Kentucky?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:39 am

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:49 pm Houston looked marvelous last night. Granted, game was at home. Still, it was Iowa State.
Kelvin Sampson is still the coach.
that's correct

Oh and UConn, WTF guys!

Huge wins for BYU and Utah State tonight. Monster wins.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:14 am

The Anti k* wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:12 am Is this BYU-Baylor game the audition for Cal’s replacement at Kentucky?
I know ego's and competitive desire make elite people take risks, but Drew may be at the age where he says "I'm a hero at Baylor for life absent a dead hooker or live boy I can't get rid of with Baylor booster money before I'm caught" and say that the UK pressure cooker isn't worth it. He has a sweet gig, but then again, who knows?

Mark Pope is Mormon, from the West Coast, married to a Utah native and in Mormon paradise, but he could be the one who would say yes given his given the ties. Still, I bet it would be hard to pry him away because of the Mormon thing.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:03 am

Just like it's hard to pry IB's lips away from cock down at the local bus stop because of the pervy gay thing...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:18 am

DooKSucks wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:14 am
The Anti k* wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:12 am Is this BYU-Baylor game the audition for Cal’s replacement at Kentucky?
I know ego's and competitive desire make elite people take risks, but Drew may be at the age where he says "I'm a hero at Baylor for life absent a dead hooker or live boy I can't get rid of with Baylor booster money before I'm caught" and say that the UK pressure cooker isn't worth it. He has a sweet gig, but then again, who knows?

Mark Pope is Mormon, from the West Coast, married to a Utah native and in Mormon paradise, but he could be the one who would say yes given his given the ties. Still, I bet it would be hard to pry him away because of the Mormon thing.
Drew is #1 on our AD's list

Pope would not get any consideration, he just hasn't had the success to be considered, plus the Mormon thing you are right about. He's very serious about it.

I don't like any of the coaches out there but Drew is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

plus its not enough to be a coach anymore, its like being in the house of representatives. Day 2 on the job you have to start fund raising - in this case its not for re-election , its for NIL.

You're heading up a blue blood program in a cash poor state with little industry outside of bourbon. Cal leaves and he's taking the NBA pipeline with him (and good riddance at this point).

I don't know who the coach is but some coach is going to come in and use the transfer portal like Cal did with one and done, except he is going to do it with players other teams currently have.

You are good at Illinois right now, you will be better at UK next year, Go into the transfer portal.

tampering, poaching, whatever you want to call it, its going to happen and someone will be brash enough about it to have a $7m NIL nestegg set aside each year for the best players and let them know its a blank check waiting to have their name signed to it. Will it be Kentucky? depends on who the AD hires.

Barnhart is conservative. He did not want Calipari, hates Calipari now, prioritizes football over basketball and is a throw back to the 1950's mentality where NIL, alcohol sales and celebrity status are all ideas that don't belong in college athletics.

So he'd probably go with whatever coach shares those values but at the same time, will be someone who he will not give any leash to.

UK's next coach will probably fail miserably after Calipari
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:12 am

here you go eCat. 20 seconds left. You have the ball. You are down by a point on the road.

it all comes to this.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:16 am

holy fuck

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:40 am

I think Drew will be the next coach at UK, assuming thats who they want to offer the job to (ie he would take the job). Last year Texas Tech hired Grant McCasland from North Texas. McCasland was rumored to have taken the job, but then it was reported that it wasn’t a done deal and that McCasland would not agree until Texas filled its job and he eventually accepted once Texas announced that Rodney Terry was given the job permanently. Texas would not be interested in McCasland, but I think what was really going on is as follows.

Grant McCasland played at Baylor in the late 90s, and also was an assistant there under Drew. He wants the Baylor job. He was expecting a potential cascade leading to Baylor being open if Texas had hired John Calipari.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:48 am

I wonder....

I wonder if Sydney Sweeney knows (or even cares) that every member of the Gonzaga basketball team has pictures of her full frontal nude, taped in their lockers?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:09 pm

ESPN #1 Play Of The Day

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:11 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:30 pm Jizzle James. Remember the name.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:14 pm

Talking about basketball right now is exasperating. You'd think A&M was currently the worst team in the history of college basketball based on our boards.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:00 pm

Bearcats twitter is a mess. They've lost 7 Big12 games by 5 or less. I think they're on schedule for next year but I ain't getting in the middle of it.