Re: Tennessee Volunteers

Post by SuperGator » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Yeah, you had 94 and we had 150.

Hacksaw
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Your late pass interference penalties were part of a smart strategy. Better to give us 15 yards than 7 points.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:37 pm

I do think that after 3 games we can say, without reservation, that Marlin Lane is NOT IN ANY WAY going to remind any of us of Jamal Lewis.

Where the fuck that bullshit came from I'll never know.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:59 pm

BTW...

Could Muschamp be any more of a complete tool? God, what a fag.

...just sayin'.

The Gray Ghost
Senior
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by The Gray Ghost » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:28 pm

I was going to say, people used to make a such a big damn deal about SOS being expressive on the sidelines, where's the big fuss about Mus?

Anyway Vols, thanks for a hard fought game today. I think is some respects Bray is a better college qb than happy feet. He definitely needs to go pro after this 3rd year. Sorry about Hunter, hope he is back in time to make life miserable for UGha and Carolina.

gule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: South Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by gule » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:35 pm

I'ma gator fan now for the rest of the fucking year.... GOD damn I feel shitty!

Beat bama!

Voltone
Recruit

Post by Voltone » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 am

Just watched part of the game again, read some posts on Gridscape (Scout) and Volquest, thought about it some, and I think I have this figured out. I don't like my conclusions.

We're just not that good of a team. We are a mediocre mid level SEC squad, with decent but not great speed, OK but not dominant linemen, a very good QB, no real RBs with either raw power or breakaway speed, and no true deep threat-game changer at WR. Our DL is big but not very physical, our LBs are big but slow, and our DBs seem to want the highlight reel hit instead of covering and wrapping up.

I don't think it's coaching, and I don't think it is a lack of effort or heart on the part of the team. I think our guys are playing their guts out, and our coaches are making good decisions and using the talent available. I think it is just an overall lack of great players.

I'm not sure if it is fixable at this point. Fulmer took an elite program and cashed himself out, in the process he ran us back down into a decent SEC program. Reminds me somewhat of a mafia bust-out....ride the goodwill and credit and brand for all the cash you can get, then bail...except he never had the decency to bail.

We maybe had a chance with Kiffin, the guy was splashy and could recruit. If he had been a man of integrity, then he might have been able to bring us back. But, we found out what he was, and it hurt us big time.

I like Coach Dooley. Strikes me as a solid coach, good recruiter, and an honest guy. A 3 star coach bordering on 4 star. And that is the talent I expect him to bring in.

mid-late 90s saw lousy coaching at UGA and UA, with no competetion for talent at all in SC and MS as well. Fulmer took the opportunity and ran a Mack truck through that gap, and built us up to an elite level. Those were the salad days. Now, with solid coaching everywhere in the SEC, well, as H. I. McDunnough (Raising Qrizona) said : " I preminisce no return of the salad days"

Hope I'm wrong. If I'm FOS on this, please tell me. I'd actually welcome it, because I'm pretty demoralized as I look to the future of this program.

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by GBJs » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:43 am

Gule, spoken like a true Vol.

Tone, spot on.

See y'all in a month..:)
Worth. Every. Cent.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 am

At least you guys shower well.

gule
Sophomore

Post by gule » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:13 am

HAHAHA! Hey, nothing wrong with pulling for the gators when ya live in gatorland. I will still be a no jorts household though!

SEC baby!

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 am

Voltone wrote:Just watched part of the game again, read some posts on Gridscape (Scout) and Volquest, thought about it some, and I think I have this figured out. I don't like my conclusions.

We're just not that good of a team. We are a mediocre mid level SEC squad, with decent but not great speed, OK but not dominant linemen, a very good QB, no real RBs with either raw power or breakaway speed, and no true deep threat-game changer at WR. Our DL is big but not very physical, our LBs are big but slow, and our DBs seem to want the highlight reel hit instead of covering and wrapping up.

I don't think it's coaching, and I don't think it is a lack of effort or heart on the part of the team. I think our guys are playing their guts out, and our coaches are making good decisions and using the talent available. I think it is just an overall lack of great players.

I'm not sure if it is fixable at this point. Fulmer took an elite program and cashed himself out, in the process he ran us back down into a decent SEC program. Reminds me somewhat of a mafia bust-out....ride the goodwill and credit and brand for all the cash you can get, then bail...except he never had the decency to bail.

We maybe had a chance with Kiffin, the guy was splashy and could recruit. If he had been a man of integrity, then he might have been able to bring us back. But, we found out what he was, and it hurt us big time.

I like Coach Dooley. Strikes me as a solid coach, good recruiter, and an honest guy. A 3 star coach bordering on 4 star. And that is the talent I expect him to bring in.

mid-late 90s saw lousy coaching at UGA and UA, with no competetion for talent at all in SC and MS as well. Fulmer took the opportunity and ran a Mack truck through that gap, and built us up to an elite level. Those were the salad days. Now, with solid coaching everywhere in the SEC, well, as H. I. McDunnough (Raising Qrizona) said : " I preminisce no return of the salad days"

Hope I'm wrong. If I'm FOS on this, please tell me. I'd actually welcome it, because I'm pretty demoralized as I look to the future of this program.
Your irrational hatred of Fulmer is showing throgh. Kiffen is one of the reasons we have fallen as far as we have. If he can recurit where are his recruits? Parladay who can't kick for jack. Bray is a stud, the rest of his recruits are gone or mediocre. Kiffen ran off alot of good depth. The biggest problem is 3 head coaches in 3 years. That's the biggest problem.

If Dooley can recurit we will be back within the next 2 years. I think Dooley is the man for the job.

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:04 am

gule wrote:lucky ass mf's would have been beat like a fucking mule if Hunter played the whole game.
I seriously doubt that. Our troubles begin in the lines. Like someone else said, you can't win with a bunch of freshmen and sophmores there. Losing Hunter may let the opposing secondary double up on Rogers a bit. However, we've got some other good receivers who can help out. After all, if you double up on Rogers then that leaves someone else open who Bray can throw to. Our passing game is doing fine. I'm sure someone is about to point out we had some INTs yesterday. I wouldn't mind pulling up the game on the DVR and refreshing my memory a bit. However, I'm quite sure Tyler was hurried around quite a bit and was being forced to throw some balls here and there.

We have no credible running game at all. FL didn't exactly stack the line to stop the run either. The killer is we have such a poor o-line right now, just about anybody can at the least can plug the holes against us to stop the run without stacking the line. The result is a defense has enough people left over to play against a good passing game. Oh yeah, defenses don't have to bring extra people to pressure or blitz; their line can do it on their own. We need a running game to help balance things out.

I feel sorry for Poole. He's not the greatest back who has ever lived, but he is a fine runner. He's better than the stats are showing. Outside of the Vandys and Kentuckys of the world, he won't have to many good games. He's a SR. This is going to kill his chance to get to the NFL. Does he have one more season left or is he done this year?

I see a 6-6 season easy looking at our record. Thing is, to show some sort of progress we need to do better. Like someone said earlier we cant' run in the SEC with our lines due to them being mostly FR and SOPH. I tend to agree. I just don't know where we will pick our 7th or, even better, 8th win up this year in the regular season. GA and Ark are beatable. But with the state of our team, we have to count them as losses until we actually pull out the win. The rest of our schedule, we are the the lambs being led to the lions.

'bama and LSU are going to tear us a new one... :cry:
Last edited by Orangefreak on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let the Jones era begin

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:18 am

And Voltone has a point. We don't have the players. We need some emotional types on both sides of the ball.
Let the Jones era begin

gule
Sophomore

Post by gule » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:34 am

we need Curt watson @ fb, willie gault & richmond flowers @ rec. the artful dodger @ qb in case Peyton stubs his toe and Reggie white, Steve kiner, and hacksaw Reynolds. @ defense

and the best Gen. of em all running the show.

gule
Sophomore

Post by gule » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:34 pm

what the fuck happened with Fugate @ tn? he must have played grab ass with Dooley's ole lady?

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I swear even if it is about ND Rudy is one of the best movies out there. Watching it again now.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Couldn't believe hunter tore his fucking acl on the first drive. Best player on the damn team.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Acl mcl. Fucking done. Fuck.

And I really miss OL like 89 to 92 and 98

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Any confirmation yet? I was hoping for only the ACL since he seemed very stable but looking at the play it certianly could be the ACL and LCL and quite possibly the MCL (total knee) but I don't see how he could be stable enough in the joint to walk off if it was a total blow out.

I'm thinking ACL but haven't heard anything definitive.

(Of course just a sprain or mild tear would be best but we are so snakebit an ACL which is season ending would be the best we can get, and I garenfrickentee you they won't give him a medical redshirt. That's reserved for bee sting therapy. Yes I'm still bitter about Colquitt).

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Never mind, just saw confirmation from Rob Lewis, ACL and MCL.