DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:40 am

It’s NC State. They have no shame.

Thank God I am the only blood member of my father’s family (and only one of three on the other side of my family tree) not associated with that damn school as a fan, student, former student who didn’t graduate and/or administrator / employee.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:43 am

innocentbystander wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:23 pm
The Anti k* wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:17 pm We were 5-0 on Thanksgiving and ranked #1.

We are 11-11 ever since.
Win the tournament in Greensboro. All will be forgiven.
1) no it would not. Carolina holds itself to a higher standard than that of a failed Uber driver who is a bandwagon Zona fan.
2) that would only keep Davis here longer before he leaves and thus be a net loss in the long term.
3) there’s no way in hell these assholes could pull that off.
Last edited by DooKSucks on Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:32 am

State owns your soul!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:02 am

The Anti k*
Junior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by The Anti k* » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:31 am

You’re killing it, Brother DS! If you weren’t pissed off enough, check this shit out. This was posted on IC by one of Hubie’s Nuthuggers regarding Davis’ comments on his radio show:

——————————————————
In response to a question about the challenges of outside noise, Hubert has been consistent in replying with ‘shutting down the noise” but he added the need for people to ‘stay in your lane’ on tonight’s radio show. I loved hearing that from him and agree 100%. It’s shameful to see the amount of anti-HD posts on this platform but not surprising. It’s also fortunate that those posts are simply the loudest voices or the ones with an outlet and not the only ones that matter.

For fans who don’t or can’t sit back and listen to the Monday night radio show, you should try. Not only is it a multigenerational tradition in this North Carolina home but it’s a breath of fresh air from mainstream media and podcasts. It’s changed over the years, obviously, from people calling in and actually hearing the caller ask their question to a more controlled environment. But what has not changed is its history dating back to DES and it remains an integral part of this program. Jones does a great job and that’s saying a lot having to follow Woody...RIP

——————————————-

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:32 am

We now have Bible thumping Lamar Ball as our basketball coach. Hey Hube…GO TO HELL!!!

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:33 pm

The Anti k* wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:31 am You’re killing it, Brother DS! If you weren’t pissed off enough, check this shit out. This was posted on IC by one of Hubie’s Nuthuggers regarding Davis’ comments on his radio show:

——————————————————
In response to a question about the challenges of outside noise, Hubert has been consistent in replying with ‘shutting down the noise” but he added the need for people to ‘stay in your lane’ on tonight’s radio show. I loved hearing that from him and agree 100%. It’s shameful to see the amount of anti-HD posts on this platform but not surprising. It’s also fortunate that those posts are simply the loudest voices or the ones with an outlet and not the only ones that matter.

For fans who don’t or can’t sit back and listen to the Monday night radio show, you should try. Not only is it a multigenerational tradition in this North Carolina home but it’s a breath of fresh air from mainstream media and podcasts. It’s changed over the years, obviously, from people calling in and actually hearing the caller ask their question to a more controlled environment. But what has not changed is its history dating back to DES and it remains an integral part of this program. Jones does a great job and that’s saying a lot having to follow Woody...RIP

——————————————-
Are you fucking kidding me?

Ugh. I try to stay away from threads that are obviously going to contain a bunch of pro-HD bullshit.

Jesus take the wheel.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:37 pm

Even Adam Fucking Lucas, a member of the basketball broadcast team and a person who is literally paid to write puff pieces about Carolina Basketball is starting to criticize the program. I see that on the Carolina Insider podcast (this is put out by the the Tar Heel Sports Network and thus a medium for the athletic department's official bullshit party line for you non-Carolina fans) Lucas said "This isn't a .500 program. It has to change and soon." when it was brought up that the program is 39-33 in ACC play over the past four seasons.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:56 pm

Fuck it. It has been a long time since I've received some sort of admonishment or ban from IC, and I've never received one on the basketball board. I might as well go talk shit to the sunshine pumpers while I eat my lunch.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:30 pm

Your voice will merely be one amongst a lusty chorus of similar caterwauling...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:56 pm

Good. There needs to be upheaval in the fan base to help effectuate change.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:02 pm

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/A ... 205092490/

Oats on Brandon Miller's involvement in Miles case: 'We've known the situation'

2 hours ago

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama head coach Nate Oats said star forward Brandon Miller is “not in any trouble” after law enforcement revealed on Tuesday that Miller brought the gun that was used in last month’s killing of Jamea Jonae Harris to now-former teammate Darius Miles.

Miles contacted Miller and asked the latter to bring his gun to his location, investigators said, according to Carol Robinson of AL.com. Miller’s car windshield was struck twice by gunfire in the fatal shooting of Harris that took place on The Strip in Tuscaloosa on Sunday, Jan. 15.

Another UA player, guard Jaden Bradley, was also at the scene, according to police testimony.

Asked why Miller was not charged, Tuscaloosa chief deputy district attorney Paula Whitley said, “That’s not a question I can answer. There’s nothing we could charge with him according to the law.”

That all was said in an ongoing hearing to determine if Miles and Michael Davis, the two men who were charged with capital murder in the fatal shooting of Harris, would be granted bond.

Oats was asked about the new revelation on Tuesday afternoon following Alabama’s practice.

“We’ve known the situation,” Oats said. “We’ve been fully cooperating with law enforcement the entire time. The whole situation’s sad. The team closed practice with a prayer for the situation today. Again, knowing that we had this trial today, you think of Jamea and her family and Kaine, really think about her son Kaine that was left behind. It’s sad.

“We knew about that. Can’t control everything anybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was gonna happen. College kids are out. Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble, nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. He was in the wrong spot at the wrong time.”

According to Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit investigator Branden Culpepper, who testified on Tuesday morning, Miller’s account of what happened before the shooting on The Strip “exactly matched” what investigators gathers from video evidence and other witness testimony.

Miller, the nation’s top-scoring freshman, is expected to be a top pick in the 2023 NBA Draft.

“We’ll address it (with NBA teams),” Oats said. “I’m sure NBA scouts will ask it. They do their homework. But I think the article that came out stated Brandon’s been interviewed. They’re comfortable with everything that happened there.”

*** This story will be updated.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:04 pm

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/darius- ... stify.html

Darius Miles asked Brandon Miller to bring gun used to kill Jamea Jonae Harris, police testify

By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com

Alabama’s freshman basketball standout Brandon Miller brought the gun used on the Tuscaloosa strip killing of a woman that led to capital murder charges for his now former teammate Darius Miles and 20-year-old Michael “Buzz” Davis, according to law enforcement testimony today.

Miles contacted Miller and asked him to bring his gun to where they were, according to police.

When Miller got to the scene, Miles told Davis, “The heat is in the hat.” Det. Branden Culpepper said that meant a gun was present.

Miles added, “There’s one in the head.” That, Culpepper said, meant a round was in the chamber.

Miles moved his girlfriend back to get her out of line of fire, Culpepper added.

Miller’s windshield was struck twice by gunfire in the shooting, police testified. Another Alabama basketball player, Jaden Bradley, was also at the scene of the shooting, according to testimony.

Asked by AL.com why Miller was not charged, Tuscaloosa chief deputy D.A. Paula Whitley said, “That’s not a question I can answer. There’s nothing we could charge him with,’' according to the law, she said.

Alabama coach Nate Oats said Tuesday that Miller is “not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement.

“We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

The testimony came in Tuesday’s preliminary hearing for Miles, 21, and Davis, 20, both of whom are charged in the Jan. 15 Tuscaloosa killing of Jamea Jonae Harris, 23.

The testimony lasted more than 2 1/2 hours before Tuscaloosa County District Judge Joanne Jannik.

Miles is represented by Mary Turner; Davis by John Robbins.

Both attorneys asked that their clients be released on bond. They claim their clients shot in self-defense.

Miles’ mother, Tracy Harris - a veteran police officer - and Davis’s mother, Annie Davis, both testified that they would make sure their sons would abide by all bond conditions and be present for future court hearings.

Miles and Davis have been best friends since middle school, according to Davis’s mother testimony

The judge has not ruled on bail or whether to send the case to a grand jury.

Both Miles and Davis sobbed at the end of the court hearing. The two remain held without bond in the Tuscaloosa County Jail.

Harris, the mother of a young son, was in Tuscaloosa visiting her cousin and boyfriend for the weekend when she was shot in the early-morning hours.

Here is full coverage of the case

About 1:45 a.m. that Sunday, Tuscaloosa police and University of Alabama police were dispatched to the Walk of Champions at Bryant Denny Stadium on a shooting.

A Jeep had stopped there upon sighting a University of Alabama Police vehicle. Harris was dead inside the vehicle, said Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Capt. Jack Kennedy.

Harris’s boyfriend, who drove Harris from the shooting scene, told police their vehicle had been struck by gunfire.

He had returned fire in self-defense and may have struck a suspect – believed to be Davis.

Investigators determined that the shooting happened in the 400 Block of Grace Street off of University Boulevard.

Harris’s mother, DeCarla Heard, told AL.com the ordeal began with the suspects trying to talk to Harris, who told them she had a boyfriend and wasn’t interested.

Court records state Davis fired the deadly shots, and that Miles admitted to providing Davis with the gun.

It was announced the day before the fatal shooting that the junior forward was ruled out for the season due to an ankle injury. Following news of his arrest, it was announced that Miles was no longer on the team.

Testimony from today’s court hearing show all involved had gone to Twelve25 Sports Bar that night.

Miller dropped Miles off at the club but did not stay because the line was too long.

After leaving the club, Harris, her boyfriend, Cedric Johnson, and her first cousin, Asia Humphrey, stopped at a nearby grill to get something to eat.

It was then they encountered Davis, who was dancing in front Harris’s Jeep.

Johnson told Davis that his girlfriend was not interested and to move along. “It got a little elevated,’' the detective testified.

Miles and Davis walked away from the victim’s Jeep but later returned.

Two vehicles - a Dodge Charger and a Dodge Challenger that belonged to Miles’ teammates, Miller and Bradley - were blocking the road where the Jeep was parked.

Miles and Davis walked to Miller’s car and got something - believed to be the gun - out of the back seat.

Moments later, Culpepper testified, Davis began firing through the driver’s side window of the Jeep.

He fired at least eight shots, some of them while running in an arc from the driver’s side around the back of the vehicle.

It was then, the detective said, that Miller’s Charger was struck by two bullets.

Johnson, the victim’s boyfriend, returned fire, striking Davis in the shoulder.

Harris was struck in the left side of her face.

The victims drove to the Walk of Champions where they found a police officer and stopped. Harris was pronounced dead there.

Culpepper testified that shortly after the shooting, police received a 911 call from Miles.

He made the call from University Downs apartments and reported that his friend had been shot.

Miles told the dispatcher, and later police, that he was at the apartment when his friend - Davis - showed up with a gunshot wound.

Miles said he didn’t know where Davis was when he got shot or how it happened.

In later interviews, the detective said, Miles said he and his girlfriend picked Davis up downtown after he was shot.

Finally, Culpepper said, police told Miles that all of it was caught on surveillance video from the Houndstooth Bar and it was then he admitted to being there during the shooting.

Culpepper said some of what happened was captured on dash cam from Miller’s vehicle.

After learning that, he said, Miles admitted to contacting Miller to bring him his gun and said Davis had gotten the gun from Miller’s vehicle.

He also acknowledged moving his girlfriend out of the way before the shooting started.

Culpepper testified that Davis told investigators that he was drunk on Tito’s tequila and didn’t remember what happened.

Defense attorneys claimed that Miles and Davis could have been in fear.

They said they had seen a gun in the victim’s vehicle and noted that when they could have left the area before the shooting, they instead came back, turned off their vehicle lights and stopped.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:30 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:42 pm

Good God...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:24 am

Okay so when IU makes the tourney, bet against them. That will be your 4/13, 5/12 upset. They just can't win tough games away from Bloomington.

However, bet on the IU women team. They are legit.

Sad that IU is now a chickball school but fuck it, could be worse. I could live in Virginia.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:51 am

You can also float.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:25 pm

Alabama may find themselves in a situation where the political and social pressure to retain Oats in this is too much.

He admits he knew Miller provided a weapon used in the murder of someone , and his excuse is boys will be boys?

Even in the SEC, that can't fly.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:42 pm

C'mon now...they kicked the bench player who was out for the year with injury, who isn't even getting out on bond anyway off of the team! They clearly forcefully said "no murderers tolerated here!"
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:58 pm

yea if I had to guess, I'd say Oats has one game left to coach at Bama, and then is suspended, and then is fired.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.