Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:50 pm

He misses the mark on everything

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:26 pm

Tree wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:41 pm How much of our discretionary spending is military? And are you including DOD contractors in all this? If not you’re missing the mark by an even bigger margin.
No tree, I'm not missing the mark.

9% of our budget now is just interest on our debt, $400+ billion a year we print to pay for all the money we printed. That is real bad, awful, HIGHEST it has ever been, ever. 15 to 18% of our budget is military spending. And that $778 billion includes DOD contractors. That might be the LOWEST it has ever been, ever.

Military spending is a measurement of GDP. That is what it is. Its only people who are on the "left" that do not like to hear that. But it has ALWAYS been related entirely to GDP. NATO commitments are based solely on a nation's GDP. And we are at 3.3% maybe 3.4% of our GDP is miltary spending. That's it. That may be the lowest its ever been.

As I said earlier, in 1961 (peak of the cold war where no one fired a shot), military spending was 9% of GDP, almost three times where we are at today. We weren't in Vietnam yet but we DID have conscription and a huge standing army and navy. We have very little army or navy now compared to what we had then. Our military footprints (actual numbers of troops) is so fucking small, that when our forward command was deployed in the Middle East a few years ago, our bases here in the United States were garrisoned by British Troops in a logistical support role!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_ ... 0Beaufort).
The British military has troops stationed in six U.S. states including California (Edwards Air Force Base),[25] Nevada (Creech Air Force Base)[26] and South Carolina (MCAS Beaufort).[27][1]
I met a few of these guys (and one girl even.) I was staying at a Residence Inn in Las Vegas one weekend, sitting in the jacuzzi (I shit you not) when 3 or 4 of Her Majesty's troops came by and sat in the hot tub with me. Her Majesty was having their troops stay at the Residence Inn with us that weekend (apparently that was the most affordable lodging) and they were ALL deployed to Creech Air Force base in a logistical role. We needed them because we didn't have enough support troops ourselves. In yakking with one of them, he said that they were more than happy to help protect our nation (think of how ironic that must have been for that young man to say that.) It was mostly fun for them to be staying in Las Vegas on their free time but still, when at our base, hard work.

Do you guys have any idea what is going on with the US military right now? Have you talked to any 18 or 19 year old recruits who are flipping burgers, patiently waiting for their orders because they don't have a slot opened up yet for them at bootcamp? These are people who signed on the dotted line and can't go yet, no $$$$$$. So they have to wait. Fortunately (for them) there is PLENTY OF WORK for these young people until they get their orders.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:32 pm

God I wish you would shut up

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:35 pm

Do you really believe in Him rat?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:49 pm

"Lia" Thomas competing as a girl

Why are we championing insanity?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:53 pm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:50 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:46 am "After 2022 elections he'll decide not to run because he knows there is a good possibility he'd lose the primary and that would be even more of a hit on his ego."

Unless a bunch of Marjorie Taylor Green/Lauren Bobert types get elected to the House in 2022, which is a distinct possibility. That will embolden Trump, esp. since he will (naturally) take full credit for every single nutjob House victory..

On another note, somebody at IC posted somebody else's twitter post about North Carolina's crippled Hitler youth House member Madison Cawthorn, something about "he's about to go thru some things." Speculation is there's a bevy of dick pics he sent out over the years. From his wheelchair I guess. Ewww...
Correct. Art Pope has his guns aimed at him.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:48 am

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:13 am

Doubtful

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:45 pm

Oh he's on deck alright. On deck for civil penalties that'll keep him in a trailer for the rest of his life. Kinda like he already is. And Toe, too. That's your boy, Toe! Rocking in the trailer park, you fucking moron rednecks!! Smoke that meth, bitch! Fuck your niece and have a mongoloid baby! Not that anyone would notice. Not in your redneck retard family, anyway. Well, whatever. As long as you get to stand in line and vote for Trump, your life is complete. There's no higher purpose for the likes of you. No other purpose whatsoever (except, of course, fucking your herpes blistered niece in a trailer park). Congrats....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:24 pm

That was his niece? Oops

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:02 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:11 pm

never understood why a piece of calcium coming out of our jaw isn't considered part of our body and needs separate insurance

and you're not really salty about Rittenhouse, its the realization that UNC is now Indiana
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:38 am

hedge wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:02 pm
They take one item out of the bill that helps West Virginians, and yet, not mention the fact that the climate part of the bill will destroy the state's economy.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:06 am

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:33 am

sardis wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:38 am
hedge wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:02 pm
They take one item out of the bill that helps West Virginians, and yet, not mention the fact that the climate part of the bill will destroy the state's economy.
They're 45 of 50. It's already in shambles

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:24 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:33 am They're 45 of 50. It's already in shambles
State rankings do not change much over the decades. Mississippi has been 49 or 50 (sometimes last, sometimes next-to-last) pretty much every year since they started doing rankings. When you compare states with one another, there is nothing but darkness and hurt feelings there because things don't generally change all that much. Why would any state want to compare themselves (their education system, their literacy rate, their unemployment rate, the percentage of people with degrees, and/or their rate of poverty) to my home state of Massachusetts? Compare AND despair.

There are 50 states and unless half the states decide they just want to suck WORSE than West Virginia, then life in West Virginia is pretty much always going to suck compared to every other state not named Mississippi. You are talking about a state where the black market trade is in soda pop. No one has teeth, well duh. The trade-off is huge though. You don't need much money to live like a King in the white ghetto of West Virginia. Coal miners make $26/hour to start. And you will be hired immediately assuming you can pass the drug screen for meth (which almost no one does.) $26/hour to start is not huge money. It's just "average" really, but in West Virginia, $53K a year, you are living like a King. $150K can still get you a palace of a home in the Appalachia.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:50 am

Life in Mississippi is actually quite nice.

If they had no state income tax, like Tennessee, I’d have no hesitancy in moving across the border.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:02 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:25 pm

Dave23 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:50 am Life in Mississippi is actually quite nice.

If they had no state income tax, like Tennessee, I’d have no hesitancy in moving across the border.
I've seen Holly Springs. No Bueno.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.