Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:10 pm

Why do you keep debating something you have been proven wrong about so many times? You know the answers. You just can't admit you're way out there.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:10 pm Why do you keep debating something you have been proven wrong about so many times? You know the answers. You just can't admit you're way out there.
You haven't "proven" anything. Neither have I. This is not about proof, its about math.

What just because you said there were 20,000,000 NEW registered voters in 2020 (or whatever it was) you think ALL 20,000,000 voted for Biden? I don't know that there were 20,000,000 new registered voters. 6% of the total population suddenly become registered in just 4 years? That much of increase in a nation of 334,000,000 (in just 4 years) makes no mathematical sense.

I told you the only way Biden wins fair and square. Either black men or Hispanic men (or both) who were already registered to vote are ALL misogynist and ONLY voted in 2020 for Biden because he had a dick (we think he does) and HRC did not, OR, voter fraud. There is no 3rd way. Your answer, 20,000,000 more registered voters (all young people) all voting for Biden? No, not bloody likely rat.

Either way, what is wrong with changing voting law to stipulate that vote challengers remain at the polls (with cameras to record possible fraud) until the machines are turned off AND if there are mail in ballots, they ALL have to be sitting next to the machines BEFORE the polls close? Why not create that law to cut down on voting fraud?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:26 pm

We've already been through this. Trump lost fair and square. Courts confirmed. The numbers work. Move along crybaby.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:45 pm

War on Christmas!!

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Burn baby burn

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Its arson rat.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:32 pm

So are your posts

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Still, you gotta give Fox credit for letting a homeless guy light their Christmas tree.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:09 pm

I heard that Justice Roberts said this so I looked up a few articles about it
--------------------------------

The United States is one of only seven nations worldwide that permits elective abortion after 20 weeks, according to a report recently released by the Charlotte Lozier Institute, the education and research arm of the Susan B. Anthony List.

The report—which examined gestational limits and abortion laws in 198 countries, independent sates, and semi-autonomous regions with populations of more than 1 million—found both the United States and Canada rank alongside known human rights abusers North Korea, Vietnam, and China in permissive abortion laws.

In the United States, this means allowing abortion on demand, with no restrictions, up to the point of fetal viability, usually placed at 24 weeks.

Chuck Donovan, president of the Lozier Institute, told me that the recent study differs from previous studies in that it specifically looked at limits on abortion at 20 weeks, while previous studies have used the standard of viability, examining abortion up to 24 weeks. “As the study confirmed, the United States, even at 20 weeks, is a much more liberal nation than the rest of the planet,” Donovan said.

Of the 198 nations studied, the vast majority—139—requires some reason for obtaining an abortion. Of the 59 nations permitting “elective” abortion, or abortion on demand with no reason required, nine countries have limits on abortions prior to 12 weeks, and 36 restrict elective abortions at 12 weeks. Another six countries have limits between 12 and 20 weeks. Seven countries allow elective abortions after 20 weeks.

Of the seven nations allowing abortions past 20 weeks, both Singapore and The Netherlands allow elective abortions up to 24 weeks, while Canada, China, North Korea, and Vietnam have no legal restrictions.

“It is an abuse of human rights,” Donovan said. “We are ranked with some exceedingly brutal countries that take no account of life before birth. … At the end of the day, we have some very unsavory company.”

---------------------------

What do most European nations have in common with Mississippi? Commonsense limitations on elective abortion performed in the second and third trimesters.

Surprised? While American elites often look to Europe for social policy guidance, a new study by the Charlotte Lozier Institute shows 47 out of 50 European nations limit elective abortion at or before 15 weeks of gestation. In the United States, 0 out of 50 states have enforceable limits on abortion at 15 weeks.

So, who is following the policy example from Europe – pro-life legislators in Mississippi, or politicians in Washington who support abortion on demand until term?

-------------------------------------------

then I read an opinion piece in the New York times that is supposed to counter the argument by stating that 20 countries have gone from abortion being illegal to allowing it under circumstances regarding a woman's health in the last 25 years, how its becoming more prevalent in Latin American countries except, you know for all those pesky countries that have mandatory jail sentences for having an abortion. It wasn't exactly crossfire.

The gist of it is that America is pretty fast and loose with abortion compared to Europe, is probably moving up toward some Latin American countries but still isn't as loose as China and North Korea - who could care less about a woman's right to choose in their reasoning.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:29 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:32 pm So are your posts
can't argue that

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:42 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 am

"The United States is one of only seven nations worldwide that permits elective abortion after 20 weeks, according to a report recently released by the Charlotte Lozier Institute, the education and research arm of the Susan B. Anthony List."

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-polic ... pregnancy/

"Abortions at or after 21 weeks are uncommon, and represent 1% of all abortions in the US. Typically, these procedures cost well over $1,000, excluding the cost of travel and lost wages. They normally require treatment over multiple days, and are only performed by a subset of all abortion providers.

Reasons individuals seek abortions later in pregnancy include medical concerns such as fetal anomalies or maternal life endangerment, as well as barriers to care that cause delays in obtaining an abortion."

Does anyone in here (besides IB) think that a woman shouldn't be able to get an abortion if her own life is in danger?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:35 am

81% of abortions in the US are performed at less than 10 weeks. 95% are performed at under 16 weeks. Any state sponsored abortion ban is simply a solution in search of a problem. There's not one..

https://www.theguardian.com/news/databl ... ancy-stage

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:02 am

It's all politics and religion. It's ridiculous.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 am

hedge wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 am "The United States is one of only seven nations worldwide that permits elective abortion after 20 weeks, according to a report recently released by the Charlotte Lozier Institute, the education and research arm of the Susan B. Anthony List."

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-polic ... pregnancy/

"Abortions at or after 21 weeks are uncommon, and represent 1% of all abortions in the US. Typically, these procedures cost well over $1,000, excluding the cost of travel and lost wages. They normally require treatment over multiple days, and are only performed by a subset of all abortion providers.

Reasons individuals seek abortions later in pregnancy include medical concerns such as fetal anomalies or maternal life endangerment, as well as barriers to care that cause delays in obtaining an abortion."

Does anyone in here (besides IB) think that a woman shouldn't be able to get an abortion if her own life is in danger?
I have never said that a woman couldn't get an abortion if her life was in danger. But I do remember what Ron Paul said. He is (or should I saw was) an obstetrician. That was when he wasn't in politics. Anyway, he delivered about 6000 babies in his career. All successfully. And at least 20% of those deliveries, Roman birth, C-section. And not once in any of those deliveries did he think the mother's life was in any serious danger. And he would know.

We are not living in 1900 and this is not Downton Abbey. I believe the maternal death rate in the USA is about one-in-30,000+ deliveries. That is the risk. But I am quite sure the women who die delivering a child, they are either quite old (and that means 35+ years old) or (more likely) a drug user who had a list of other problems that she is dealing with. And that information is not communicated with the OB until it is too late.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:54 am

Jesus

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:59 am

I wish you had been living in 1900...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:10 am

hedge wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:35 am 81% of abortions in the US are performed at less than 10 weeks. 95% are performed at under 16 weeks. Any state sponsored abortion ban is simply a solution in search of a problem. There's not one..

https://www.theguardian.com/news/databl ... ancy-stage
Then, there shouldn't be any angst if the Supreme Court rules in favor of MS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:13 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:54 amJesus
He had nothing to do with what I posted.

I like math. I like data. I like information in my posts. It allows men (men who take the time to communicate with one another) to all be talking the same language. If you want to rip into the data and the numbers, be my guest. But I trust Dr Ron Paul a whole more than I trust anyone here on the data and the numbers.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:09 pm

LOL!