Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm

bluetick wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:44 pm I dunno. These people seem smart. But I like your points too, aTm.

The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-ave ... re%201%29.
Your link says that in 2045, they predict that "whites" will be 49.75% of the population and that "hispanics" will be 24.6%. The problem is that roughly 60-70% of "hispanics" are already racially white and the vast majority of the rest also have significant European ancestry. This group also intermarries with "non-hispanic whites" at a rate of 50% or more also, so their kids are going to be even "whiter" yet.

"White" is just a made up identity term with no basis in reality that can be added to or subtracted from at any time. It is used only by racists or by demographers to indicate the appropriate "privileged" group. Show me someone who thinks of themselves as "white" over belonging an actual cultural or ethnic group (like German, or Italian, or Mexican, or Puerto Rican) and I'll show you either a white supremacist or a self-hating "white-guilt" nutjob.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:24 pm

aTm wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm
bluetick wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:44 pm I dunno. These people seem smart. But I like your points too, aTm.

The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-ave ... re%201%29.
Your link says that in 2045, they predict that "whites" will be 49.75% of the population and that "hispanics" will be 24.6%. The problem is that roughly 60-70% of "hispanics" are already racially white and the vast majority of the rest also have significant European ancestry. This group also intermarries with "non-hispanic whites" at a rate of 50% or more also, so their kids are going to be even "whiter" yet.

"White" is just a made up identity term with no basis in reality that can be added to or subtracted from at any time. It is used only by racists or by demographers to indicate the appropriate "privileged" group. Show me someone who thinks of themselves as "white" over belonging an actual cultural or ethnic group (like German, or Italian, or Mexican, or Puerto Rican) and I'll show you either a white supremacist or a self-hating "white-guilt" nutjob.
It's the census, fcol.
Right now the 2020 Census questions on race and ethnicity may well be the most thoroughly tested and validated survey questions ever on the planet. The Census Bureau conducted the largest quantitative effort ever on how people identify their race and ethnicity.The U.S. Census Bureau must adhere to the 1997 Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards on race and ethnicity which guide the Census Bureau in classifying written responses to the race question: White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
About Race - Census.gov
www.census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html
www.census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:51 pm

The prediction in your link doesn't follow the 1997 standards, because if it did, they would not be able to say that the country will be minority white in 2045.

Here is the figure from your link (which BTW is not from the census, but is an "analysis of census projections")

A quarter of the pie is blue for "Hispanic".

The list below is your census link that definces "race" in the 1997 standards (I wonder why they had to have a committee define a "race" less than 25 years ago?, I wonder when they'll have another committee to change it again?) Which of these does that blue slice fit into according to the standards?
White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Black or African American – A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

American Indian or Alaska Native – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America) and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.

Asian – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
The footnote to the pie chart key should give a hint as to where this "prediction" goes off the rails in terms of its adherence to the census bureau guidelines on "race"
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:03 pm

"Show me someone who thinks of themselves as "white" over belonging an actual cultural or ethnic group (like German, or Italian, or Mexican, or Puerto Rican) and I'll show you either a white supremacist or a self-hating "white-guilt" nutjob."

I'm proud of my Scottish heritage...

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:07 pm

Dumb Honkeys

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:11 pm

Right now being "hispanic" is seen as being of critical cultural significance, because the vast majority of them have only been in the country for a very small number of generations, and many are still migrating here, leading to ethnic communities (of a similar nature that we have seen countless times before in this country). In the long run though, the vast majority of them are really just "persons having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa" once they've been here for a while, speak only English, and have kids that go to school and identify as "I'm italian and german from mommy and mexican from daddy!"

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:25 pm

Daryll Brooks bond hearing

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:43 pm

Uh oh. E is gonna rant like ever. Them Charlottesville racists just got served a 25 million dollar bill. BAHAHAHA!!

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:50 pm

I love some Latinas. And that’s all I have to add to this convo.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 pm

Is that Rittenhouse at the 2:50 mark of the bond hearing video??

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:54 pm

Probably already working for Fox

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:06 pm

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:15 pm

Heh, Huffington Post…

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 pm

bluetick wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:18 pm Knoxville Man Arrested for Threatening Little Caesars Employees With AK-47, Pizza Took 'Too Long'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ma ... li=BBnbfcL

Truth is, people still haven't gotten over the Ole Miss loss.
A
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:35 am

Good stuff.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:45 am

That’s the biggest load of bullshit ever
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:15 am

I'm just white

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:37 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:15 am I'm just white
I'm just white, too.

I am 50 years old. In all my years, I was always under the impression that claiming that a person is "just white" means that they don't identify with any protected racial class that gives him or her any special treatment. So to me, when you say "I'm just white" all that means to me is "I'm not special." Okay so racially (in the United States) which races deserve special treatment?
  • Sub Saharan-African because of slavery
  • Native American/Eskimo/First Nation's people (because we conquered them, took their land)
Which races do NOT deserve "special" anything?
  • white
  • Hispanic (took nothing from them)
  • Asians (they are smarter than everyone) and this includes Indians from India
And no, if you are only 2 or 3% Native American (looking at you Elizabeth Warren) you get no special treatment.

I don't think I've ever met a white supremacist in my life. Or if I had, I sure wouldn't know it when I was looking at them. Maybe if they were speaking to me about "pure blood" or some such thing, that might raise my eyebrows a bit. But I don't think I've ever met one. That is not to say that they don't exist. These people just don't run in my circles. That said I have met MANY racist people in my life (far too many.) Racism does not mean, white supremacy.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 am

"I don't think I've ever met a white supremacist in my life. Or if I had, I sure wouldn't know it when I was looking at them."

I can't believe that you've never looked into a mirror, that's wild...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:58 am

hedge wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 am "I don't think I've ever met a white supremacist in my life. Or if I had, I sure wouldn't know it when I was looking at them."

I can't believe that you've never looked into a mirror, that's wild...
What do you think a white supremacist, is? What objective, logical, measurements, define their belief in whites being supreme? And what is "white" to a white supremacist?

If you think my questions are tough, remember, you threw down first hedge.