G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:55 am

eCat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:09 pm Opinion piece in Newsweek

How Fauci got it wrong....

Schools are major transmission points for influenza, but not for COVID. While children do get infected, their risk for COVID death is minuscule, lower than their already low risk of dying from the flu. Throughout the 2020 spring wave, Sweden kept daycare and schools open for all its 1.8 million children ages 1 to 15, with no masks, testing or social distancing. The result? Zero COVID deaths among children and a COVID risk to teachers lower than the average of other professions. In fall 2020, most European countries followed suit, with similar results. Considering the devastating effects of school closures on children, Dr. Fauci's advocacy for school closures may be the single biggest mistake of his career.

As an immunologist, Dr. Fauci failed to properly consider and weigh the disastrous effects lockdowns would have on cancer detection and treatment, cardiovascular disease outcomes, diabetes care, childhood vaccination rates, mental health and opioid overdoses, to name a few. Americans will live with—and die from—this collateral damage for many years to come.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-fauci-fool ... 16d549420b
The Nordic countries are piss poor comparisons given their much healthier populace and different living conditions.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:25 am

I love how e hates him so much.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:28 am

Kyle Rittenhouse trial is underway.

Opening prosecution remarks took a strange turn. One of the people Kyle shot was released from a mental institution the day of the shooting and by the prosecutions own admission was out looking to do no good that evening at the protest. They also admit that Rosenbaum was confronting people who were armed and daring them to shoot him, the second person shot hit Rittenhouse twice over the head with his skateboard and tried to take his weapon away from him, again , introduced in opening statements and is backed up by evidence, the person who survived is on record admitting he pulled his weapon and intended to unload the entire clip into Rittenhouse before he was shot by Rittenhouse. They also admit that gunshots were fired in the vicinity of Rittenhouse while he was being chased by Rosenbaum just seconds before Rittenhouse fired his weapon at Rosenbaum.

An actual quote from the prosecution " The evidence will show that hundreds of people were out on the streets facing chaos and violence, and the only person who shot someone was Kyle Rittenhouse" . Other prosecution quotes "a dumpster was set on fire and pushed into a gas station" "police were under attack and firing rubber bullets at the crowd" "there was a little bit of arson, a little bit of rioting, a little bit of violence"

and perhaps the capper

"the evidence will show this is a crowd that is not safe to be in, that is not an ally of Rittenhouse, that if Rittenhouse ventures into it, there will be problems"

you honor, she was asking to be raped by being in that bar......

in a scumbag move they also claimed Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum in the back, but later admitted that he fired 4 shots, the first 3 were in the front and as Rosenbaum fell, the last bullet went into his back.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:07 am

So, according to CNN and MSNBC, hundreds of thousands of Virginia suburbanites that voted for Biden one year ago are now racists. The spreading of racism in this country is the REAL pandemic.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/msnbcs-j ... about-race
Last edited by Toemeesleather on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:36 am

eCat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:19 pm
hedge wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:51 pm Man, you're obsessed with Fauci...
I'll take that as an admission that you know Fauci screwed this country over
Actually no. One of my best friend's father was an immunologist at UAB, very well-respected guy in his field (I'm sure AA knows who he is and may know him personally), he told me he's known Fauci for decades and has worked with him on things over the years, he said he's a good guy and knows what he's doing. I trust my friend's dad way more than, well, than anybody, when it comes to making judgements about Fauci. Certainly more than Newsweek or any other news outlet. That's not to say he's done everything right, this is kinda an unprecedented situation, but the suggestion that he's some sort of evil puppet master with an agenda other than doing what he thinks is best for public health in this country is idiotic...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:45 am

Toemeesleather wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:07 am So, according to CNN and MSNBC, hundreds of thousands of Virginia suburbanites that voted for Biden one year ago are now racists. The spreading of racism in this country is the REAL pandemic.

IB logic. Thats impossible. It was fixed.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:46 am

It's funny how at the beginning Fauci was beloved by all until he went againt Trumps orders.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:00 am

hedge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:36 am
eCat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:19 pm
hedge wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:51 pm Man, you're obsessed with Fauci...
I'll take that as an admission that you know Fauci screwed this country over
Actually no. One of my best friend's father was an immunologist at UAB, very well-respected guy in his field (I'm sure AA knows who he is and may know him personally), he told me he's known Fauci for decades and has worked with him on things over the years, he said he's a good guy and knows what he's doing. I trust my friend's dad way more than, well, than anybody, when it comes to making judgements about Fauci. Certainly more than Newsweek or any other news outlet. That's not to say he's done everything right, this is kinda an unprecedented situation, but the suggestion that he's some sort of evil puppet master with an agenda other than doing what he thinks is best for public health in this country is idiotic...
I certainly have never said or implied he is some kind of evil puppet master, and I have said his agenda is politician, not scientist. What he thinks is best for the public is creating propaganda to drive his agenda of leading the scientific community. The problem is he is a lousy politician and he should have never tried to be one. Also, he is walking a pretty thin line right in regards to funneling money to Wuhan. Its a real possibility he lied under oath to congress.

At the end of the day he got a lot of stuff wrong that has resulted in hurting our economy, our education and our public trust in science. For a man in his position, he shouldn't be afforded the latitude he has to continue to make these kind of mistakes.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:47 am

eCat wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am I've been watching CNN, they were saying its improbable that McAuliffe can find 85K votes with the counties and % that are left.

People would lose their shit if McAulliffe suddenly took a positive turn

CNN is also saying the election is about progressives continually moralizing to everyone and the suburbs are telling them to go fuck themselves and take their lectures with them
What is 'moralizing'? Stating a political opinion? It's the same as when the establishment hacks blamed Bernie for Hillary's loss. No sense of accountability, just blame the segment of your team that isn't as corrupt as you.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:21 am

moralizing is telling people they are wrong based on your standards. Instead of achieving political good, the democratic party is now more focused on discussing why the GOP, specifically white Americans are guilty of a multitude of woke sins. Their morals are absolute so anyone who does not share their views are wrong, and with that belief they feel justified in shutting down dissent, creating legislation or worse, invoke the justice branch of government to enforce their morality. The latest example of this is parents being labeled as domestic terrorists for demanding that school boards stop including various progressive agendas in their school curriculum.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:21 am

"At the end of the day he got a lot of stuff wrong that has resulted in hurting our economy, our education and our public trust in science."

He hasn't undermined my trust in science at all...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:24 am

The Democrat and Republican parties as we used to know them no longer exist, although that hasn't really been realized yet. The Democrat party is increasingly the party of a politically connected, college educated elite, and their policies derive from and are aligned with similar interests worldwide in most other western countries. The Republican party is now a nationalist party. The Republican party will come to dominate in the short term, at least assuming representative democracy remains as is, because IMO hard times and some sort of global conflict is coming soon.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:26 am

You can go on twitter and see fucking Bill Kristol depressed about the outcome in Virginia and claiming that he is having a hard time finding "silver linings." Neoconservatives are Democrats, the parties are no longer the same. We're likely to see in the next decade colors on election maps that would be unthinkable in the 2010s.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:27 am

hedge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:21 am "At the end of the day he got a lot of stuff wrong that has resulted in hurting our economy, our education and our public trust in science."

He hasn't undermined my trust in science at all...
well if only you mattered, that might be relevant

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:33 am

aTm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:26 am You can go on twitter and see fucking Bill Kristol depressed about the outcome in Virginia and claiming that he is having a hard time finding "silver linings." Neoconservatives are Democrats, the parties are no longer the same. We're likely to see in the next decade colors on election maps that would be unthinkable in the 2010s.
the party is going in the direction I suspected it would.

Trump is going to see his power base erode as the GOP now realizes they can win elections with moderates. Virginia was voting against Biden, not for Youngkin, and I believe that had Trump been heavily involved in canvasing Virginia for Youngkin like Biden (and by extension Obama) was for McAulliffe, the voting % would have been reversed.

I think that is a positive for the GOP. They can run a bold and aggressive candidate that can carry alot of Trump's ideas but not invoke Trump or the crassness and unpredictable nature of his presidency. His legacy of developing a platform for Conversatives has value and they can bank on that.

Now yes, at the end of the day, they are still shitty politicians but Biden has attempted to cater to the progressives so much while residing over some very scary trends on food supplies, energy costs and global stability that a conservative should have a much easier path now that a post Trump playbook has been established

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:59 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:45 am
Toemeesleather wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:07 am So, according to CNN and MSNBC, hundreds of thousands of Virginia suburbanites that voted for Biden one year ago are now racists. The spreading of racism in this country is the REAL pandemic.

IB logic. Thats impossible. It was fixed.
Not Virginia. New Jersey. New Jersey was fixed. Somehow, someway, they mysteriously keep 'finding' extra ballots that were not put through the voting machines.

https://abc7chicago.com/nj-election-res ... /11193578/

They keep 'finding' them because Ciattrelli's margin or lead was not as dominant as McAullife was behind in Virginia. So if you are a leftist poll worker and you think that what you say goes, just start examining the registered voting rolls, see who didn't vote, and fill in a ballot for Phil Murphy, stick it in a box, "find it", and get him over the finish line.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:24 am

Now I am going to take the other side, the leftist side. Assume that in New Jersey its NOT voter fraud. Assume its just incompetence.

What are the odds that poll workers in Republican voting districts of NJ are just much more responsible and competent and (as such) they get their results in immediately because they are just better human beings than Democrats? Or should I say, maybe its just the Peter Principle and poll workers in majority democrat voting districts are just dumb and irresponsible and incompetent and the ballots they are now "finding" were cast legally and lawfully because the people working those stations are a bunch of fucking idiots with IQs hovering around retard level?

Incompetence sounds a hell of a lot better than fraud, doesn't it rat? But which is it rat? Is it incompetence or fraud? Its one or the other rat.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:32 am

Willy Wonka wants his oompa loompa back

LAWRENCE COUNTY, Tenn. – The Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department in Tennessee has arrested a 33-year-old Amish man for possession of marijuana after authorities said they found a large amount of the drug at the man’s home.

On November 1, Lawrence County TN Sheriff’s Deputies said that a search warrant was executed at the home of Chris Appleby, located on Densen Road in the northern area of Lawrence County.

During their search, deputies reportedly found around 25 pounds of suspected marijuana, located in two separate buildings on the property.

Several guns and cash were also found on the property.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:07 pm

Amish need weed too

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:08 pm

And guns, apparently