The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:16 pm

10ac wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:04 pm I’m in the ICU. Not good.
Oh no!

(((((prayers for 10ac)))))))

Please God, walk with AC right now, be with him and his family in this time of need.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:28 pm

Hang in there 10. I'll call Peyton.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:28 pm

10ac wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:04 pm I’m in the ICU. Not good.
My 64 year old sister inlaw was in ICU with Covid. She made it out, you can too. Hang in there. and prayers.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:40 pm

Damn, 10ac, hang in there man...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:06 pm

Get well AC
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:19 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:44 pm

I'm listening to NPR lose their collective shit over the Texas abortion law and more specifically, the Supreme Court that Trump got elected to nominate.

Maybe the biggest disappointment to conversatives was when Justice Roberts turned out to be a closet liberal. Now he has effectively been neutered in swaying the court.

I have to say, as much as I refuse to show any alignment with evangelicals, I wouldn't be overly upset if Roe V Wade was overturned.

A couple of reasons - first there is no federal law other than some arcane maritime law as it relates to murder - defining murder is and has always been a states level determination

secondly, the states and I would assume the federal government, are conflicted on the actual life of a child in the womb.

A woman has the right to choose in aborting a baby because based on some criteria, it isn't life

but a man hurts a female when she is pregnant and she loses the baby because of it, I know of no argument that clarifies that its not a life at that point, just a collection of cells - and the man can be charged with the murder of that child from the Unborn Victims of Violence Act

So to be clear, a man who end the life of a child in the womb can be charged with murder *unless* that man is a doctor because then he isn't killing the child, he is aborting it at the request of the mother.

now that is fucked up, I don't care how you rationalize it

I'm not some religious nutjob either
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 pm

So to be clear, a man who kills a child in the womb can be charged with murder *unless* that man is a doctor because then he isn't killing the child, he is aborting it at the request of the mother.

A contradiction between two separate laws? Unheard of.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Tree wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 pm
So to be clear, a man who kills a child in the womb can be charged with murder *unless* that man is a doctor because then he isn't killing the child, he is aborting it at the request of the mother.

A contradiction between two separate laws? Unheard of.
So to be clear tree, what eCat has just defined is feminism 101. This is a philosophy where irrational harpies who refuse to shave their pits, have impact over the authority of government in defining law such that anyone with a golden uterus has zero accountability. It is a contradiction and entirely illogical. It makes no sense. But feminists are illogical by virtue of the fact that they are feminist. The more feminism we have, the less discussion we are permitted on contradicting law, the less logic we have, and the more civilization decays.

Feminism is cancer.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:08 pm

IB got raped by a bull dyke and now he hates women.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:03 pm

Tree wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:08 pm IB got raped by a bull dyke and now he hates women.
Women I love. Love them!

Feminists, I hate.

feminists != women

They are not one and same. Feminism has brainwashed you into thinking that they are. Unbrainwash yourself.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:24 pm

IB likes penis

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Still here.
Let 'er Blow!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:59 pm

keep posting and giving us a status
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:06 pm

If TN was a nation it would have the second highest Covid outbreak per capita in the world

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:03 am

Oh, TN is a nation. Kinda like North Korea is a nation...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:24 am

Creamsicle Nation

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:26 pm

Rolling Stone writes this article

-------------------
Gunshot Victims Left Waiting as Horse Dewormer Overdoses Overwhelm Oklahoma Hospitals, Doctor Says

“The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated,” Dr. Jason McElyea said

By Peter Wade

The rise in people using ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug usually reserved for deworming horses or livestock, as a treatment or preventative for Covid-19 has emergency rooms “so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting” access to health facilities, an emergency room doctor in Oklahoma said.

This week, Dr. Jason McElyea told KFOR the overdoses are causing backlogs in rural hospitals, leaving both beds and ambulance services scarce.

“The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated,” McElyea said.

“All of their ambulances are stuck at the hospital waiting for a bed to open so they can take the patient in and they don’t have any, that’s it,” said McElyea. “If there’s no ambulance to take the call, there’s no ambulance to come to the call.”

Dr. Mary Clarke, president of the Oklahoma State Medical Association told the Tulsa World that hospitals are so short on beds, they have to transfer patients out of state to get them the care they need. “We know that patients are being transferred out of state for beds,” Davis said. “We are increasingly concerned about the number of holds that are in emergency rooms waiting for ICU beds.”

“I’m trying to help people understand this is not just COVID,” said Clarke. “This is a domino effect to every other health condition that may need a hospital bed. Everything else. Period.”

People getting sick from ivermectin — especially as some people take a formulation of the drug used in livestock — has become so frequent that this month the Food and Drug Administration released a statement imploring Americans to stay away from the drug that has not been approved to treat or prevent Covid-19. “You are not a horse. You are not a cow,” the agency said while linking to an explainer about the dangers of ingesting ivermectin designed for livestock.

“Animal drugs are highly concentrated for large animals and can be highly toxic in humans,” the FDA cautioned. The agency went on to explain that although the medication is sometimes used in humans as a treatment for parasites or scabies, or in topical form to treat rosacea, the doses are much smaller than are given to livestock. Still, people have been going to feed stores and purchasing livestock doses of the drug, leading many stores to post warnings next to the ivermectin supply, cautioning it is not for use in humans.

As people take the drug, McElyea said patients have arrived at hospitals with negative reactions like nausea, vomiting, muscle aches, and cramping — or even loss of sight.

“The scariest one that I’ve heard of and seen is people coming in with vision loss,” the doctor said.

According to a health advisory issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on August 26, prescriptions for ivermectin have increased 24-fold over pre-pandemic numbers. That amounts to more than 88,000 prescriptions for the drug issued between early July and mid-August of this year. Even podcaster and anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist Joe Rogan bragged that he took ivermectin along with other experimental treatments after he tested positive for Covid-19. As a result of the drug’s increased publicity, calls to poison control centers nationwide regarding ivermectin have multiplied, as have hospital and emergency room visits, the CDC said.

“There’s a reason you have to have a doctor to get a prescription for this stuff because it can be dangerous,” McElyea said.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Northeastern Hospital System Sequoyah issued a statement: Although Dr. Jason McElyea is not an employee of NHS Sequoyah, he is affiliated with a medical staffing group that provides coverage for our emergency room. With that said, Dr. McElyea has not worked at our Sallisaw location in over 2 months. NHS Sequoyah has not treated any patients due to complications related to taking ivermectin. This includes not treating any patients for ivermectin overdose. All patients who have visited our emergency room have received medical attention as appropriate. Our hospital has not had to turn away any patients seeking emergency care. We want to reassure our community that our staff is working hard to provide quality healthcare to all patients. We appreciate the opportunity to clarify this issue and as always, we value our community’s support.”

This is the kind of bullshit leftist reporting that results in people refusing to believe anything that is being presented as factual.

Meanwhile, from the American Journal of Therapeutics

Background:

After COVID-19 emerged on U.S shores, providers began reviewing the emerging basic science, translational, and clinical data to identify potentially effective treatment options. In addition, a multitude of both novel and repurposed therapeutic agents were used empirically and studied within clinical trials.
Areas of Uncertainty:

The majority of trialed agents have failed to provide reproducible, definitive proof of efficacy in reducing the mortality of COVID-19 with the exception of corticosteroids in moderate to severe disease. Recently, evidence has emerged that the oral antiparasitic agent ivermectin exhibits numerous antiviral and anti-inflammatory mechanisms with trial results reporting significant outcome benefits. Given some have not passed peer review, several expert groups including Unitaid/World Health Organization have undertaken a systematic global effort to contact all active trial investigators to rapidly gather the data needed to grade and perform meta-analyses.
Data Sources:

Data were sourced from published peer-reviewed studies, manuscripts posted to preprint servers, expert meta-analyses, and numerous epidemiological analyses of regions with ivermectin distribution campaigns.
Therapeutic Advances:

A large majority of randomized and observational controlled trials of ivermectin are reporting repeated, large magnitude improvements in clinical outcomes. Numerous prophylaxis trials demonstrate that regular ivermectin use leads to large reductions in transmission. Multiple, large “natural experiments” occurred in regions that initiated “ivermectin distribution” campaigns followed by tight, reproducible, temporally associated decreases in case counts and case fatality rates compared with nearby regions without such campaigns.
Conclusions:

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:39 pm

Horse shit