aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Nobody could have foreseen this.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Exactly.
Let 'er Blow!

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:29 pm

The marines new the risk. It’s what they are paid for…..
Let 'er Blow!

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:03 pm

they refuse Parlor.......

A propaganda arm of ISIS that celebrated the suicide bombing that killed at least 170 people in Kabul on Thursday maintains a web site and an app that rely on Amazon Web Services to promote its extremism - despite company policies against working with terror groups.

Nida-e-Haqq is an ISIS media group that distributes Islamist content in the Urdu language, including messages about the ISIS-K offshoot that has claimed responsibility for the lethal attack, said Rita Katz, executive director of SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors online extremism and discovered the link with Amazon Web Services. Urdu is widely spoken in neighboring Pakistan and occasionally in Afghanistan itself.

The Nida-e-Haqq app on Thursday carried what it claimed was an image of the bomber wrapped in a suicide vest ahead of a blast whose victims included 13 U.S. service members, further marring the American pullout from the nation after nearly 20 years of war.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:25 pm

eCat wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:23 pm Well this. Is horrible.

The Taliban has mobilized a special unit, called Al Isha, to hunt down Afghans who helped US and allied forces — and it’s using US equipment and data to do it.

Nawazuddin Haqqani, one of the brigade commanders over the Al Isha unit, bragged in an interview with Zenger News that his unit is using US-made hand-held scanners to tap into a massive US-built biometric database and positively identify any person who helped the NATO allies or worked with Indian intelligence. Afghans who try to deny or minimize their role will find themselves contradicted by the detailed computer records that the US left behind in its frenzied withdrawal.
Didn't that happen with ISIS and it turned out we were actively supporting them?
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:17 am

Yes, the Obama administration was helping them fight the Syrian leader. Backfired, but at the time, even though you disagreed with it, you could understand the logic.

This time, right away it’s wtf are we doing?

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:08 am

When you read this CNN article on the pentagon reporting of the retaliatory drone strike, what comes to your mind?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/28/asia/afg ... index.html

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:34 am

sardis wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:17 am Yes, the Obama administration was helping them fight the Syrian leader. Backfired, but at the time, even though you disagreed with it, you could understand the logic.

This time, right away it’s wtf are we doing?
I wouldn't have said that. Regime change/nation building is one of the most heinous things the US does. I'm fully aware the neolibs are just as big of warmongers as the neocons.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:01 am

Tree wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:34 am I wouldn't have said that. Regime change/nation building is one of the most heinous things the US does. I'm fully aware the neolibs are just as big of warmongers as the neocons.
Neocons are conservatives who used to be liberals who became conservatives. 9-11 triggered the creation of many neocons. A Neocon could be "pro-choice" on abortion and liberal on many social issues, but very angry towards Islam and the ruin it has wrought upon the earth.

Paleocons are conservatives who look at the data and see the nation in economic ruin brought on by not enforcing our borders. Paleocons acknowledge that not everyone is smart and the lower IQ male should still be able to marry and have children. Paleocons acknowledge that this is increasingly difficult in the information age. Paleocons never really wanted to make a move against the Middle East the way Neocons did. You can not be "pro-choice" and be a Paleocon. Paleocons hate feminism. Pat Buchanan is Paleocon.

Tradcons are traditional conservatives. These are the conservatives who made peace with feminism. These are the conservative who are pro-family and are outraged by the concept of the never-married-mom raising her children because the tradcon knows (as we all do) that her thug spawn are likely to grow up to be destroyers and monsters. But that is okay because the tradcon is an ally of feminism the tradcon will just blame "men in general" for failing women and not "manning up" and marrying a slut. Tradcons think the only functional family unit is the nuclear family and it is encumbant on the males (not females, females are given a pass on ALL accountability) to make sure this happens. Trad cons are totally against abortion but don't have a position on the middle east. Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity are trad cons.

Now having said that tree let me ask you this: what in the blue fuck is a "neolib" and how do you discriminate it from other types of liberals?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:17 am

Neocons are the current GOP, mostly. They were not former liberals to any meaningful degree. They kicked out the old less radical fiscal conservatives over the course of a few decades. Neoliberals are the current DNC, for the most part. Very pro war, pro establishment, pro globalism like the neocons, but they virtue signal how much they care with a bunch of identity politics. Two peas in a pod, very similar at the big picture level.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:48 pm

👍

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:41 pm

I'm pretty sure the lesson is that we need to stop invading other countries. Bill Maher has really turned into an inept douche lately.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:54 pm

Lately?
Let 'er Blow!

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:38 pm

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:14 am

Interesting article about the missile used in the retaliatory air strike. Never heard of it before, but it’s not an explosive, just strong enough to pound through the walls of a house or frame of car and slices up the target with knives. The WSJ article has a pay wall. The other link describes the weapon a little bit more.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-used-a ... sage_share

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/ho ... ssile-r9x/

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:17 pm

sardis wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:14 am Interesting article about the missile used in the retaliatory air strike. Never heard of it before, but it’s not an explosive, just strong enough to pound through the walls of a house or frame of car and slices up the target with knives. The WSJ article has a pay wall. The other link describes the weapon a little bit more.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-used-a ... sage_share

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/ho ... ssile-r9x/
Being from Goldsboro, I have known several fighter jocks over the years, and the father of one of my two best friends was a fighter pilot before transitioning to B-52’s then refuelers. I have heard several of them say something along the lines of “everyone talked about ‘smart bombs’ in the First Gulf War, but everyone took notice during the Balkans bombings because we showed how we could launch munitions from vast distances and literally put the device through a specifically targeted window.” I also had a professor at Carolina who was a retired USAF Col. who had been assigned to NATO and the Pentagon at various points as part of his service. He “speculated” in a lecture on air power (this would have been 2005/2006) that we would eventually have missiles that go into specific areas / rooms / buildings with a limited load designed to kill specific targets and limit collateral casualties like you would see with a normal guided bomb/missile. It sounds like we have reached said point…
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:09 am

"Also, since the mortality of the disease is ultimately low in terms of raw probability, people can try anything and it could “work” and gain a reputation. “I shot up with heroin and the rona went away, it’s a miracle drug!” “Wow, worked for me, too!”"

Yeah, everything but the vaccine. I do have to say, though, I never got sick while I was on the junk. Well, I mean junk sick if you couldn't get your hands on any (which I would guess is a way worse feeling than having covid (it's certainly way worse than the flu)), but not anything else. Or maybe I just didn't notice...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:19 am

sardis wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:08 am When you read this CNN article on the pentagon reporting of the retaliatory drone strike, what comes to your mind?
That maybe from the perspective of anyone who had a friend or fambly member killed in a drone strike "by accident" might regard the US as a terrorist organization?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 am

occasionally I go to Facebook and check in on people I know, see what they have posted and whats going on in their life.

I've dated a handful of cute girls that are now as wide as they are tall.

I've dodged several bullets.

This was originally going to be a post about one in particular that is a nurse and is a fervent anti-vaxxer, but I decided I didn't want to get political and damn, she is fat
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.