Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:48 am

7 years old now. To lazy to find updated numbers. So I like watching convicts play football. That's my game.

https://cnsmaryland.org/interactives/Crime-In-NFL/

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:50 pm

rat, grey ghost,

WHY, why did you let Tyler Murphy transfer to BC? Why was he going to be benched for his 5th year? Was the incoming frosh really that much better than Murphy? Without Murphy, we don't stand a chance against USC in 2014 and we don't almost beat Clemson in 2014.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:03 pm

Let 'er Blow!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:19 pm

Um. Thanks.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:18 pm

rat, why were you guys going to bench Tyler Murphy back in 2014?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:47 pm

I don't fucking know

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:56 pm

ok, maybe greyghost will know

The Gray Ghost
Senior

Post by The Gray Ghost » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:06 pm

Murphy was a 3rd string level SEC QB playing behind a milquetoast OLine that typified UF in the 2010s.

He came in when Driskell was hurt, won some games against poor opposition, then got injured himself and missed the last 3 games of that miserable 4-8 season. I don't recall if he was 'nudged out' or saw the handwriting on the wall (Driskell returning, two high rated freshman QBs coming in) but no one was surprised nor disappointed when he went to BC. I'm glad he had some glory in Chestnut Hill.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Gator washout

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:36 pm

The Gray Ghost wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:06 pm Murphy was a 3rd string level SEC QB playing behind a milquetoast OLine that typified UF in the 2010s.

He came in when Driskell was hurt, won some games against poor opposition, then got injured himself and missed the last 3 games of that miserable 4-8 season. I don't recall if he was 'nudged out' or saw the handwriting on the wall (Driskell returning, two high rated freshman QBs coming in) but no one was surprised nor disappointed when he went to BC. I'm glad he had some glory in Chestnut Hill.
He single handedly CRUSHED USC (and that is after our shit defensive backfield made USC's QB look like Tom Brady.)

On this one fast forward to 26 seconds in to see the disbelief on the faces for the USC fans who flew out for the game all the way from Compton.

He almost allowed us to beat Clemson. It was ridiculous.

Now let me pause a moment to say that the 2014 team, had 5 seniors on the offensive line. 3 of them had started since they were sophomores. So that 2014 offensive line was at least as veteran as the one we have this year in 2021 (which is stacked.) So maybe that was the main reason Murphy butchered so many teams the one year we had him? It was probably the best offensive line he ever played behind all his football career.

That said, if Murphy washed out at Florida and was so dominant at BC, then that above anything else shows the disparity between the ACC and the SEC.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Gray Ghost
Senior

Post by The Gray Ghost » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:49 pm

Murphy's replacement in 2013 (Mornhinweg) also bailed to the northeast, starting 2 seasons at Columbia which was more his speed.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:53 pm

The Gray Ghost wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:49 pm Murphy's replacement in 2013 (Mornhinweg) also bailed to the northeast, starting 2 seasons at Columbia which was more his speed.
We got a transfer in from Notre Dame last year, Jurkovec. He was going to benched behind the freshman at South Bend. So he bolted for us. Now I think Notre Dame wants him back but, no. They can't have him.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:56 pm

Must be exciting times in BC

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:56 pm Must be exciting times in BC
We got excited the minute Addazio was fired. I gave up on him after the 2015 season. It just took 5 years (and two more athletic directors) to pull the plug. We finally got around to ending Jim Christian with hoops so....

Actually, I'm still not sold on Hafley yet. 6-5 is well, 6-5. Addazio might have had the same record last year. So this is a big year for Hafley to prove himself.

Jurkovec is no Matt Ryan (not in my opinion.) But he is probably the best QB we've had since Ryan. And maybe that is not saying much. Chase Rettig gave us 4 years as started and accomplished very little. One year with Murphy was not enough.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Sounds like it. How's the defense?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:19 pm

Slow. Slow and unathletic. But veteran. And physically, very powerful.

We have a defense of two-star athletes (with a few three-stars sprinkled in.) That is the nature of the beast. We just suck at recruiting. Any really great athletic players, why would they come to BC? They are not going to qualify academically. And if they could, then they would just accept the offer at Notre Dame. We have sucked at recruiting since Tom O'Brien left. We "were" always 13th or 14th out of 14 ACC teams.

Tom could recruit. The 2007 team (which should have won a national championship) was all Tom's recruits. The problem we had with Tom was he always bitched and moaned about recruiting. And you know what his bitch was? It too haaaarrrrd to recruit for BC. It was far too demanding on his time and personal life to scour the earth for the diamond in the rough. But he found them. I had no complaints with his results. I had complaints with his belly aching.

Hafley's one year of recruiting has given me some hope (his one and only class was excellent) but Jags, Spaziani, Addazio, none of them could recruit, none of them. Their recruits all sucked.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:21 pm

😂

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:26 pm

Classy...

Six UK football players facing first-degree burglary charges

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/08/19/six-uk- ... y-charges/
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:31 pm

I wasn't going to kick

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:33 pm

They also finally charged someone for Brian Pata's murder in Miami. Only took 15 years