eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:56 am

yea, he didn't sound very middle when he was shouting down Trump supporters
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:32 am

Keith Boykin
@keithboykin
·
1h
Trump is gone and going on trial tomorrow. Netanyahu is on trial today. Mitch McConnell is no longer Senate majority leader. Marjorie Taylor Greene has been banned from House committees. Fox News has canceled Lou Dobbs. And people are getting vaccinated.

Not bad, 2021.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:56 am

eCat wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 am I didn't read it thru to the end but I took it to be a "these people are not so bad" kinda story
I wouldn't put comparing her neighbor to a member of Hezbollah or Nazi party because they, too, were nice to the people they occupied, doesn't seem like "these people aren't so bad"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:30 pm

yea, OK, I can see that
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:13 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:21 pm drama queen

https://nypost.com/2021/02/04/aoc-blast ... xperience/

if you don't want to read the story, AOC wasn't in the Capital building during the riot.
Has been called out for it and has double downed on her story.

Following the interaction with Prosobiec, the hashtags #AOClied and #AlexandriaOcasioSmollett vaulted to the top trends in the US, an apparent comparison to actor Jussie Smollett, who falsely claimed to be the victim of a hate crime.

In an email later sent to supporters, AOC encouraged them to “identify and posts that are threatening or harassing and use the built-in report features to flag them for moderators.”

“Facebook and Twitter both have built in tools for reporting posts and tweets that break the rules,” her email read.
She didn't lie. Her accounting of the events were accurate. She barricaded herself in her office the same way Nancy Mace (R-SC) did when all the shit started. The volume of death threats she received over the past 2 years, even before the dome was breached and pipe bombs were found less than 100 yards from the Congressional offices.

Lord knows I don't want to keep feeling like an AOC apologist...but she has not misrepresented anything on this, as far as I can see.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:20 pm

aTm wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:47 pm https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

This is one of the wierdest articles Ive ever read.
fascinating
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:24 pm

sardis wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:56 pm They do know that he had a prexisting condition and his death wasn’t caused by a rioter. They just won’t reveal until they politicize his death for a bit.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics ... AfyBDLM7wk
How do you know he had a pre-existing condition, Sardis? I've not seen anything that provides any amount of information about his autopsy or medical status. When I saw he was cremated, I was REALLY confused why I knew so little about his cause of death.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:28 pm

sardis wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:43 am I swear these people are mentally ill.

https://news.yahoo.com/column-trumpites ... 12354.html
Jesus, that has to be satire. I can't believe that person gets paid to think and write. Shameful shit.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:56 pm

Bklyn wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:13 pm
eCat wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:21 pm drama queen

https://nypost.com/2021/02/04/aoc-blast ... xperience/

if you don't want to read the story, AOC wasn't in the Capital building during the riot.
Has been called out for it and has double downed on her story.

Following the interaction with Prosobiec, the hashtags #AOClied and #AlexandriaOcasioSmollett vaulted to the top trends in the US, an apparent comparison to actor Jussie Smollett, who falsely claimed to be the victim of a hate crime.

In an email later sent to supporters, AOC encouraged them to “identify and posts that are threatening or harassing and use the built-in report features to flag them for moderators.”

“Facebook and Twitter both have built in tools for reporting posts and tweets that break the rules,” her email read.
She didn't lie. Her accounting of the events were accurate. She barricaded herself in her office the same way Nancy Mace (R-SC) did when all the shit started. The volume of death threats she received over the past 2 years, even before the dome was breached and pipe bombs were found less than 100 yards from the Congressional offices.

Lord knows I don't want to keep feeling like an AOC apologist...but she has not misrepresented anything on this, as far as I can see.

lying and exaggerating are different

she definitely went for dramatic effect

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:35 pm

Bklyn wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:24 pm
sardis wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:56 pm They do know that he had a prexisting condition and his death wasn’t caused by a rioter. They just won’t reveal until they politicize his death for a bit.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics ... AfyBDLM7wk
How do you know he had a pre-existing condition, Sardis? I've not seen anything that provides any amount of information about his autopsy or medical status. When I saw he was cremated, I was REALLY confused why I knew so little about his cause of death.
https://www.propublica.org/article/offi ... ck-capitol

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:05 pm

Thanks. I still don't see anything there about a pre-existing condition in the article. I think all of it is still unsettled.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:08 am

I wouldn't claim to be a legal strategist

but I gotta say, starting off by congratulating the prosecution to the extent you admit it caught you by surprise and you're changing your strategy as your opening statement doesn't seem like a solid move.

Considering that former Trump lawyers ended up in jail or sued for billions with a B, I can understand why he'd struggle to get good legal representation.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:52 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

Nearly a third of people in the United States said that they definitely or probably will not get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to a new survey.

The poll, released Wednesday by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, found that 15 percent of survey respondents said they will "definitely" not get a coronavirus vaccine. Seventeen percent said that they will "probably not" get the inoculation.

Sixty-seven percent of survey respondents said they plan to get vaccinated or have already received an inoculation, including 19 percent who said they "probably will," 35 percent who said they "definitely will," and 13 percent who said they have already gotten their shot.

The poll found that people ages 30-44, Republican voters and people without college degrees were among the most likely to say that they "definitely will not" get a COVID-19 vaccine when one becomes available to them.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:05 pm

I loved the part yesterday where Trump's lawyer was like "for a case like this, impeachment isn't the answer, if you really think he did what you're claiming, you get the Justice Dept. to charge and arrest him." I'm sure Trump loved hearing that....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:09 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:25 pm

bluetick wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:52 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

Nearly a third of people in the United States said that they definitely or probably will not get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to a new survey.

The poll, released Wednesday by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, found that 15 percent of survey respondents said they will "definitely" not get a coronavirus vaccine. Seventeen percent said that they will "probably not" get the inoculation.

Sixty-seven percent of survey respondents said they plan to get vaccinated or have already received an inoculation, including 19 percent who said they "probably will," 35 percent who said they "definitely will," and 13 percent who said they have already gotten their shot.

The poll found that people ages 30-44, Republican voters and people without college degrees were among the most likely to say that they "definitely will not" get a COVID-19 vaccine when one becomes available to them.
I remember Kamala Harris saying in a debate she would not get the vaccine if the president told her she should

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:47 pm

I wouldn't do anything Trump said to do either...

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:13 pm

I wish he would tell you to live a long and happy life.
Let 'er Blow!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Enough Senators are already on record as believing that this trial is unconstitutional to the point that conviction is impossible. Trump should therefore just use it as 100% a political platform only. Actually dealing with "facts" or "arguments" or "evidence" as if this were a real trial would be even more of a waste of time than this whole thing already is.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:27 am

The record needs to reflect who voted for what. Trump is tied up in a basement because his family, nor legal team wants him to say anything; they want to just let this play out and die along a (general) party line vote. His Twitter suspension is a gift. He is extremely undisciplined when the social media door is unlocked.