Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:59 pm

I think AA shows up on the football forum

not so much here anymore
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Fifer
Junior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Fifer » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:24 pm

Why do I torture myself twice a week watching Kentucky basketball? I can't stand it. I can't believe what I'm watching. In 48 years of being a UK fan I've never seen anything like it.

The Anti k*
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by The Anti k* » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:28 pm

Fifer wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:24 pm Why do I torture myself twice a week watching Kentucky basketball? I can't stand it. I can't believe what I'm watching. In 48 years of being a UK fan I've never seen anything like it.
Welcome to Carolina Basketball 2019-20. And we’re not much better this year.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:30 pm

Now it's basically me and eCat talking about random shit and feuding about Trump (which pretty much usurped most of the UK/UNC sniping), Rat being Rat and occasional drive-by's by sardis, aTm, DS and tick, and, more rarely Dave, Toe, 10ac and (thank god for the rarity) Fifer. Tree makes a random post about once a month. Stu swoops in with a flurry every now and then and then disappears for a few weeks. Did I miss anybody? Prof and Crotch sassed with gusto for about 3 1/2 years after Trump was elected but then around August they saw the writing on the wall disappeared like cowards. They are not missed. Well, maybe Crotch is, a little bit...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:31 pm

Whoops, forgot about you antiK, but in fairness, you mostly only post during hoops season and even then not very much. Do you post at IC?

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:53 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:31 pm Whoops, forgot about you antiK, but in fairness, you mostly only post during hoops season and even then not very much. Do you post at IC?
Not much anymore. I mostly post on a private board where we can bitch about Roy’s recruiting and the pussification of Carolina Basketball. I’d get banned at IC in about 30 seconds with what I say about “POY” Brooks and Leaky Pussy.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:17 pm

down 4 with a minute left in the game, Brooks, who on a shitty team is at best our 4th best 3 point shooting option takes a 3 and clanks it much to the dismay of the fans.

Cal afterwards admits it was a called play for Brooks to shoot the 3.

Meanwhile our 47% 3 point shooter was in the game for 7 minutes, and in the final 4 minutes when we scored 5 fucking points, he had his hoodie on knowing he wasn't going in.

prior to tonight our PG went 3 games without scoring a point.

how is that even possible?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:46 pm

Do you think Dontaie Allen will transfer? I know a team that could use a three-point sniper...

Of course, Roy inexplicably sat Walton for long stretches last night in favor of his “seasoned upperclassmen” Leaky and Platek 🤬

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:35 am

"I mostly post on a private board where we can bitch about Roy’s recruiting and the pussification of Carolina Basketball."

Link?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:37 am

"prior to tonight our PG went 3 games without scoring a point.

how is that even possible?"

You called down the thunder, well now you got it!

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:13 am

I hear UT is ranked.
Let 'er Blow!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:42 am

College basketball should just be shut down this year.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:01 am

#'s 3, 5, 15, 16 and 22 all lost tonight to unranked teams and none of the games were even that close, and nobody is the least bit surprised, much less shocked. It's not even news...

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:37 am

I watch the Grizz any chance I get, but still prefer Cubs baseball and any football.

Went to the Memphis/UCF game at FedEx Forum last night...weird rules in effect. Everyone was pretty well spaced out in the arena, and masks were required while at your seats. Not really a big deal, since only 3 concession stands were open, and only selling hot dogs, beer, water, and soft drinks. All food and drinks had to be consumed in areas around the concessions, which meant that you had large masses of people maskless in a small area. It would have been much safer to just take your food/drink back to your seat.

I’m thinking they probably had a skeleton crew for cleaning the arena afterwards as well.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:53 am

alot of these rules are best intentions but not very well thought out.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:56 am

Those stadium rules sound like the TSA making people take their shoes off. It's just a show.

So much poor execution goes on in every station of life.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:02 pm

Everything at this point relating to COVID is all just mostly a show. It's just "do something, do something, show them you're doing something." There is really nothing to be done except try to mitigate the total quantity of people who have it at any one time and hope someone eventually develops treatment that makes it harmless. The only real effective way to limit the spread is to simply keep people worried about getting it, the moment they aren't worried about it, they will go back to living their normal lives with normal interactions.

In my expectation, we will know elderly people that die from this (and unfortunately, potentially some of us on this board) for the rest of our lifetimes. The vast majority of people are currently waiting for an obvious moment where we can go "Aha now it is time for everything to go back to normal!" but that moment is never going to happen.

COVID will go on indefinitely. The human population and the virus will only adapt very slowly to dealing with each other over a period of many years until it's finally basically no big deal maybe decades from now, but that will happen very gradually. The idea that the vaccines will confer true long term immunity is really just a hope and a prayer. And the virus that causes COVID is so widespread that it will now be endemic in human population and can NEVER be eliminated altogether, and therefore it will always be a risk to flare up and eventually will be something that is in constant circulation.

Maybe (hopefully!) the vaccines will be able to give us some real resistance for a few solid years, but that really just means that the virus will just mostly slumber for a while but then in the future will start noticeably causing problems in regions by flaring up on a time period of like like every other year as vaccinations wane depending on when the majority of those people lose resistance depending on whatever particular version of the vaccine they received and when they got it.

We are now just waiting for people to realize one of two potential end games. The first is that this new lower level of activity (including economic activity) and interaction and "the public safety show" is just how we live now forever. Or, secondly, for everyone to finally get fed up and demand to live normal lives, risk-be-damned, until SARS-Coronavirus-2 is basically just another cold germ decades from now.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:20 pm

"I’m thinking they probably had a skeleton crew for cleaning the arena afterwards as well."

I wish you were a skeleton...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Major league baseball shouldn't have to change any rules for attendance due to covid, nobody goes to those games anyway and the few that do can space themselves 1000 feet apart. Seriously, baseball will be dead in 20 years. I can't believe that anybody under 30 (much less 20) is into baseball at all. The average age of their core audience has to be approaching 60 or better...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:23 pm

"Everything at this point relating to COVID is all just mostly a show. It's just "do something, do something, show them you're doing something."

That sounds like my sex life...