Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 am

hedge wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:08 pm Not a good time to be UK. History is finally catching up with you. Now you'll eat your own and I'll laugh as the program collapses into mediocrity. Nobody is going to want to play there. I love it...

The death spiral is the result of UK's overlords allowing the UK faithful to believe that UK was going to win for a brief moment only to watch in horror as Luke Maye struck a mortal blow...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 am

The Pentagon has ordered Stars and Stripes to shut down for no good reason
Trump wants to pull funding from Stars and Stripes, a newspaper for American troops that began in the Civil War and has been serving our soldiers.
Kathy Kiely - USAToday Sept 4, 2020

Even for those of us who are all too wearily familiar with President Donald Trump’s disdain for journalists, his administration’s latest attack on the free press is a bit of a jaw-dropper.

In a heretofore unpublicized memo, the Pentagon delivered an order to shutter the Stars and Stripes, a newspaper that has been a lifeline and a voice for American troops since the Civil War. The memo orders the publisher of the news organization (which now publishes online as well as in print) to present a plan that “dissolves the Stars and Stripes” by Sept. 15 including "specific timeline for vacating government owned/leased space worldwide.”

“The last newspaper publication (in all forms) will be September 30, 2020,” writes Col. Paul Haverstick Jr., the memo’s author.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 am

What next, Grit??
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 am

I'm referring to the magazine Grit, not to the person reading that post (although that cognomen does richly applies to anyone in here, thus my clarification)...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:54 am

‘The last full measure of his disgrace’: Veterans scorn Trump over report that he calls fallen soldiers ‘losers’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/ ... uxbndlbing

As first reported by the Atlantic and later confirmed in part by other media outlets, including The Washington Post, Trump said wounded veterans should not march in a military parade and canceled his visit to a French cemetery for American Marines killed in World War I because he had no interest in honoring his country’s war dead.

The president — who received a medical deferment from Vietnam — also repeatedly questioned why anyone would join the armed forces, including one time to his then-chief of staff John F. Kelly, per the Atlantic.

“I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” he asked on Memorial Day 2017, standing beside the grave of Kelly’s son, who was killed in Afghanistan at age 29, the Atlantic reported.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:25 am

I dont think a newspaper funded by the pentagon can really be called “the free press” can it? It sounds more likely that its purpose was to be morale propaganda
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:44 am

aTm = the Batman of morale propaganda

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Trump. Thank God this nightmare is almost over. History will show how bad it was.

MAGA!

Fucking idiots

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Hiden Biden is the worst dem candidate since Dukakis......
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:13 pm

what I find funny now is just how often the anti-trumpers jump on something Trump says and thinks is a big deal to anyone other than them. The happens like once every 2 weeks.

Trump tweets something and this, this tweet, is the one that is going to change Trump voters minds, if only we post our opinions about it on Social Media as much as we can.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:08 pm

That only underscores the sadness of the fact that literally nothing will change their minds about Trump. Literally. Which is pretty much the definition of a cult. I mean seriously, during the debates, Trump could say "Niggers are a huge drag on the economy, all they do is take, never give," and I guarantee you he wouldn't lose any voters. Certainly not any in here. Indeed I can see Crotch nodding his head in agreement right now. And that's just a minor hypothetical. He really could shoot somebody and none of his supporters would give a shit. They'd say the guy deserved it, and go to their graves believing it, irregardless of the circumstances.

Trump isn't Hitler, he's Charles Manson. And the people who support him are "the family." Murder? Pffffttt. Charlie, I mean Donnie, said do it, so that settles it. That really is the level and the equivalent of what we're dealing with here. Not policies (although some of his cannier followers harken back to this lie, to make themselves feel better), not ideas, not anything, but the cult of personality. Oh yeah, and "owning the libs." That's really the main thing Trump supporters love about him. The country can die as long as the libs are "owned". Pretty sad...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:38 pm

You have people cheering in the streets over the death of a Trump supporter.

Don't talk about the cult of Trump if you can't recognize its just as bad or worse on the other side of the aisle.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:45 pm

It’s not Trump the man, it’s Trump the idea. Anti-globalist, non-PC, anti-government, pro-freedom. He’s the outsider. Americans always love the “outsider” except for those who profit from government largess.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 pm

sardis wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:45 pm It’s not Trump the man, it’s Trump the idea. Anti-globalist, non-PC, anti-government, pro-freedom. He’s the outsider. Americans always love the “outsider” except for those who profit from government largess.
Anti-government only in the sense that he knows nothing about governing. Stephen Miller, Mark Meadows, and various FNC personalities pretty much are guiding policy, whereas Donnie mostly looks for ways to feather his nest. And tweets, plays golf, and watches cable TV. And slams everybody not named Putin.

Although the prospect of losing the WH and facing the music (re: indictments) in 2021 seems to have agitated Trump more than usual. He's hellbent on spiking the November election some way, somehow...be it wrecking the Post Office, denouncing mail-in voting, or inviting voter fraud. He's already putting a legal team together to challenge the outcome - which must be a foregone conclusion in his mind.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm

eCat wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:38 pm You have people cheering in the streets over the death of a Trump supporter.

Don't talk about the cult of Trump if you can't recognize its just as bad or worse on the other side of the aisle.
I'm not cheering. If some leftist yahoo murdered somebody just b/c he was wearing a MAGA hat, he deserves the maximum penalty. I've never heard any Trump supporters saying the same thing about Trump. Whatever he does is not only accepted but glorified. Big difference. Plus, he's the president. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I do kinda hold the president to a higher standard. Trump supporters have no standards when it comes to Trump. Which is perfectly appropriate, as he has no personal standards for himself...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:11 pm

you still won't admit the other side is just as bad.

if you can't admit there is a large number of sycophants on the left hand side then you can't be taken seriously in evaluating Trump supporters

I don't defend Trump as a man , I've said many times he is a horrible human being, but I can defend Nationalism, I can defend using force to stop rioters, I can defend him calling the media fake news.

and I'm voting for that in November.

meanwhile, your political position is voting for anyone that is against Trump

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:40 am

Mine too

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:40 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:53 pm

"meanwhile, your political position is voting for anyone that is against Trump"

That's true, and I've never felt better or more sure about any vote I've ever cast in my life, and I pray to god I never do again. And a hell of a lot of people feel the same way. Not antifa supporters, maybe not even BLM supporters, probably not people who have ever been very political in their entire lives, but just good, honest, decent, middle class folks who think that Trump is a fucking dumpster fire. Normal people that you know. Your neighbors. I've never seen this type of thing in my life, and, like I said, I hope I never see it again.

I'm sure there are plenty of good, decent folks who don't see it that way, and that's fine, but they are on the wrong side of history on this one, IMO. Doesn't mean they're bad people, but in my opinion they are just very misguided on this one. And without a doubt, they've thrown their lot in with a lot of people who are not good decent people. I guess you could say the same thing about my side, sure, there are some radical yahoos that I wish weren't on "my" side of this, but I think there are a lot more on Trump's side.

Maybe you disagree. I suspect you do. At any rate, I'm sure we'll still be friends irregardless, hopefully long after Trump is dead and Biden is dead and whoever else is dead, which means a hell of a lot more to me than any politician or president or political "position", and we'll be looking back and laughing about how we both got so fired up about these guys who have been dead for 20 years. Mainly I just want to see that statue of Rupp pulled down by a rabid mob and his name removed from UK's arena...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:47 pm