Exactly

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:32 am

"Security for @tedwheeler’s condo said a while ago they called police but no one has showed up so far. That part of the Pearl District in NW Portland is currently completely occupied by far-left protesters demanding he resign. #PortlandRiots

------------------
I would have love to been a fly on the wall when that call came in
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:36 am

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:08 am "News alert: Wisconsin DOJ releases name of Kenosha Police officer who shot Jacob Blake, who they say had a knife in the car but was otherwise unarmed."

fiery but peaceful
This one bothers me. They all bother me but this one was vicious

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:23 am

Blake, 29, was forbidden from going to the Kenosha home of his alleged victim from the May 3 incident, and police were dispatched Sunday following a 911 call saying he was there.

The responding officers were aware he had an open warrant for felony sexual assault, according to dispatch records and the Kenosha Professional Police Association, which released a statement on the incident on Friday.

That police union statement also claimed that Blake was armed with a knife at the time of the shooting — and had put one cop in a headlock and shrugged off two Taser attempts while resisting arrest.

Blake, who was paralyzed in the shooting, had been handcuffed to his hospital bed due to the warrant, which was vacated Friday, according to a statement released by his lawyer, Benjamin Crump. His restraints were removed, but he is still facing the criminal charges, Crump said.

Blake is accused in the criminal complaint, which was obtained by The Post, of breaking into the home of a woman he knew and sexually assaulting her.

The victim, who is only identified by her initials in the paperwork, told police she was asleep in bed with one of her children when Blake came into the room around 6 a.m. and allegedly said “I want my sh-t,” the record states.

She told cops Blake then used his finger to sexually assault her, sniffed it and said, “Smells like you’ve been with other men,” the criminal complaint alleges.

The officer who took her statement said she “had a very difficult time telling him this and cried as she told how the defendant assaulted her.”

The alleged victim said Blake “penetrating her digitally caused her pain and humiliation and was done without her consent” and she was “very humiliated and upset by the sexual assault,” the record states.

She told police she “was upset but collected herself” and then allegedly ran out the front door after Blake, the complaint says. She then realized her car was missing, checked her purse and saw the keys were missing and then “immediately called 911,” the complaint alleges.

The alleged victim told cops she has known him for eight years and claims that he physically assaults her “around twice a year when he drinks heavily.”

Police filed charges against him for felony sexual assault, trespassing and domestic abuse in July when a warrant was issued for his arrest.

----------------------

a real choir boy he is.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:32 am

"monetary aid, trade, education , helping them grow as a country and move out of 3rd world poverty - all self interest

mass importing their impoverished to become Americans ? not in our self interest"

The point is, if you do the former, you reduce the latter. We should be helping them make their countries places that people want to stay, not flee. But Trump would rather jack up the defense budget by hundreds of billions or start some cockamammie "space force" (more billions) or build a wall. A fraction of that money would be much better spent enticing those people to stay in their own countries, which would obviate the need of spending it on an ineffective wall meant to repel them..
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:11 am

The NBA, WNBA, MLB. and the USTA (Western Open suspended) all took a knee and then walked away. The NFL cancelled practices. Some colleges teams cancelled practices.

Not good. Covid already hammered American sports unmercifully, then came George Floyd and the focus on social injustice. Athletes are primed to shut down the games we enjoy. This week of protest cancellations could be a drop in the bucket. Waiting for another flashpoint..
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:22 am

hedge wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:32 am "monetary aid, trade, education , helping them grow as a country and move out of 3rd world poverty - all self interest

mass importing their impoverished to become Americans ? not in our self interest"

The point is, if you do the former, you reduce the latter. We should be helping them make their countries places that people want to stay, not flee. But Trump would rather jack up the defense budget by hundreds of billions or start some cockamammie "space force" (more billions) or build a wall. A fraction of that money would be much better spent enticing those people to stay in their own countries, which would obviate the need of spending it on an ineffective wall meant to repel them..
don't put that on Trump

no president or congress has taken an interest in doing that, and Biden isn't about to start. At best their idea of monetary aid is entering into a trade agreement where American jobs are shipped to a 3rd world country to exploit those workers and make stockholders rich at the expense of the middle class and limiting options to enter the middle class for African Americans.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:27 am

bluetick wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:11 am The NBA, WNBA, MLB. and the USTA (Western Open suspended) all took a knee and then walked away. The NFL cancelled practices. Some colleges teams cancelled practices.

Not good. Covid already hammered American sports unmercifully, then came George Floyd and the focus on social injustice. Athletes are primed to shut down the games we enjoy. This week of protest cancellations could be a drop in the bucket. Waiting for another flashpoint..
we are on different sides of this, but obviously I hope that their decision to do this during a time when profits are down and Americans are desperate for an entertainment outlet hurts them.

Americans in general just have a tough time relating to multi-millionaires with no discernible skill other than being able to manipulate a ball refusing to play to get equality. The great part is when they make videos about it from their mansions.

College sports is different of course, but for the most part, people understand that college players are exploited and while its not a racial issue, it is an equality issue they should be addressing and leveraging. That said, I'm taking a year off of watching Kentucky college sports. They won't miss me, but maybe they'll miss 100,000 people like me.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:06 am

Entertainment will be decimated by the coming depression. It will be really hard to invest money in concerts, festivals, clubs, arenas, bars, theatres, etc when the new reality is that something could now come along at any time and the government can shut you down, and you have no recourse but losing your ass. It will take a long time for people to forget that risk. Sports, has found a way to do that to themselves, they will probably likely want to try this horseshit, walking off games all the time now that they’ve done it once. “We walked off just for x, we are gonna have to walk off for y now”. Planning your day or night around a game becomes risky. You order wings and beer to watch a baseball game and the motherfuckers walk off the field. That’s gonna make you angry, and deter you from making that mistake again.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:56 am

eCat wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:27 am
bluetick wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:11 am That said, I'm taking a year off of watching Kentucky college sports. They won't miss me, but maybe they'll 100,000 people like me.
My thoughts exactly....

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:12 am

aTm wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:06 am Entertainment will be decimated by the coming depression. It will be really hard to invest money in concerts, festivals, clubs, arenas, bars, theatres, etc when the new reality is that something could now come along at any time and the government can shut you down, and you have no recourse but losing your ass. It will take a long time for people to forget that risk. Sports, has found a way to do that to themselves, they will probably likely want to try this horseshit, walking off games all the time now that they’ve done it once. “We walked off just for x, we are gonna have to walk off for y now”. Planning your day or night around a game becomes risky. You order wings and beer to watch a baseball game and the motherfuckers walk off the field. That’s gonna make you angry, and deter you from making that mistake again.

yep

and Erlacher was roasted for saying Favre played on the day his father died as that wasn't an apt comparison

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:13 am

"Americans in general just have a tough time relating to multi-millionaires with no discernible skill other than being able to manipulate a ball refusing to play to get equality. The great part is when they make videos about it from their mansions."

I think there are few who approve of violent actions and property destruction, much as the hardcore law and order types want to pretend that "the left" or liberals (or whoever they perceive to be on the other side of themselves politically) actually love it and promote it. But we've all seen Crotch get his Depends in a wad over Colin Kapernick kneeling and there are millions who feel the same way Crotch does. What could be more peaceful than kneeling for 45 seconds? Now you're saying you don't like millionaires making videos in their own homes, and oh yeah, how about keep it to yourself if you're contemplating anything that might interfere with my being entertained by watching you perform, esp. in this time when you're "desperate" for it. So I guess the question is, is there any kind of protest you do approve of, b/c it sounds like the only thing approve of is something that you nor anyone else will ever be affected by or hear or know about whatsoever. Wow, that would be some kind of effective protest, wouldn't it?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:18 am

Also, there seems to be some disconnect b/w you condemning professional athletes for even thinking about not playing, b/c evidently you enjoy watching them play, but at the same time insulting them as having "no discernible skill other than being able to manipulate a ball." It's like you're saying "You guys are worthless pieces of shit that can only do one thing good, but oh please don't stop performing your one trick for my entertainment, b/c there are desperate times and we need entertainment so bad now!!"

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:22 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:47 pm BURN IT ALL!!

IT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS.

Fools. Love the this is Bidens fault ads
In all fairness Joe Biden is an architect of just about every underlying problem in America. Endless wars, illegal regime changes, Patriot Act, Housing Foreclosures of 2008 that fucked over millions of families and gave bonuses to the crooks who robbed them, mass incarceration, opposed bussing, draconian bankruptcy laws, gutted safety nets most of which protected children, thinks Dick Cheney is a good guy, gave W a medal of honor, militarization of police forces, free trade, etc.

Trump is just the dude who came in as a result of all this, and lucky for us he's an incompetent buffoon. Even the Pentagon doesn't trust him to wage the normal neolib/neocon wars and empire building. If we elect Biden it's very likely that we won't be so lucky with the next Republican.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:22 am

yea, that is what I'm saying

but I'm not alone. You seem to think my opinion in these matters is a minority one.

At the end of the day these ball players depend on the league for their income, to put value on their skillset as entertainment. So the players decide to punish the fans who provide their livelihood by not playing to support a divisive cause in this nation

You define that as an effective protest? Secondly how dedicated do you think these players are to this cause of equality if it means they lose millions on future contracts due to league contraction or player cuts? I refuse to believe they actually think they are risking anything, they hold the fans in contempt and believe the money will always be there. Are they going to win people over to their cause by refusing to do what most people only dream about as their fans? I don't think so.

People see thru this faux activism.

Jim Gaffigan has gotten into the act now. I guess he's decided he has made enough money that he can move away from what made him popular and now he is attacking his fans on twitter. The man who opened for the pope as the clean comic has decided its time to tell Trump supporters to fuck off.

At this point I hope he never has another comedy show in his life. It won't happen but I'd love for him to sell insurance or paint houses to provide for his family.

and lets be clear, I don't watch the NBA, and I stopped watching the NFL.

and I just said on another thread that I am taking a break from the one sports passion I have which is UK athletics.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:32 am

"but I'm not alone. You seem to think my opinion in these matters is a minority one."

Oh I don't think that at all. I'm sure the opinion that the niggers were getting way too uppity in the 1960's was far from the minority opinion either (and stated in exactly those words), but that doesn't mean it was right...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:42 am

I don’t have any worry if sports are played or not. Like eCat said, it’s their livelihood, not mine.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:42 am

"The man who opened for the pope as the clean comic has decided its time to tell Trump supporters to fuck off."

Oh it's way past time for that...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:43 am

"I don’t have any worry if sports are played or not. Like eCat said, it’s their livelihood, not mine."

But he seems so upset about it..