Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Video killed the radio star.

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 pm

aTm wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:55 am “People are going to die regardless” wasn’t really a fatalistic generic statement. What I meant was that the objective of stopping the disease throughout the population by shutting down the economy has failed.
A quaint oversimplification. “Did we completely fix everything by shutting down for a few months? No? Well hell that plan was a loser. Why not let’s go the other way. Just open’er up wide and see wut happens, huh?”

Look I get that you place a higher value on economy vs human life than me and that’s fine. There are no absolute right and wrongs here. But if you open things up too far and melt the healthcare services infrastructure like a steel beam during 911 you’re going to cause way more destruction and mayhem in the long run.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 am

Trump got his 1st classified briefing on the virus on January 3rd. He ignored warnings from experts and his own appointees. He squandered 10 weeks of preparation before he declared a national emergency on March 13th. His pronouncements during those weeks will reverberate throughout history (my favorite - "dem and media HOAX"). He briefly took the mantle of leadership as "war-time president" and got some serious TV time. But the numbers grew more grim, so he washed his hands of the pandemic, declared the federal government was a "back-up", and turned the crisis over to the governors. Governors who weren't privy to the Jan. classified briefings, btw.

Arguably the worst example of presidential leadership in American history.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri May 29, 2020 8:09 am

Breitbart, InfoWars, Gateway Pundit....would they last 5 minutes without 203? Somebody better tap Donnie on the shoulder...
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri May 29, 2020 9:19 am

bluetick wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 am Trump got his 1st classified briefing on the virus on January 3rd. He ignored warnings from experts and his own appointees. He squandered 10 weeks of preparation before he declared a national emergency on March 13th. His pronouncements during those weeks will reverberate throughout history (my favorite - "dem and media HOAX"). He briefly took the mantle of leadership as "war-time president" and got some serious TV time. But the numbers grew more grim, so he washed his hands of the pandemic, declared the federal government was a "back-up", and turned the crisis over to the governors. Governors who weren't privy to the Jan. classified briefings, btw.

Arguably the worst example of presidential leadership in American history.
see you lose credibility when you say stuff like him calling it a hoax. go research the context. or not

but either way, when you base your argument on something that is a talking point narrative that is wrong, then whatever point you're trying to make is lost

I've been guilty of that too, and I'd like to think that I've learned from it.

And as I've said, had Trump taken the actions you think he should have taken in January or February, the democrats would have lost their minds with him. Schumer, Pelosi, DeBlasio and Biden called him Xenophobic for curtailing air travel from China - and I'm certain all 4 of them were fully aware of the risks of the pandemic at that point.

To talk about what he should have done, when you and the leadership you support were adamantly against it is just hypocrisy at its highest
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 29, 2020 9:52 am

You're projecting something you don't know.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 am

The events of the last few days have shown the reason for the 2nd Amendment.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri May 29, 2020 11:44 am

What a fucking bunch of shit. January 3? Can I get a list of all the nations that stopped this pandemic in its tracks based on information from briefings on January 3? The date January 3rd as the date Trump should have started doing something is patently absurd. January 3rd was the day we killed Solemeini (which seems like 5 years ago). We were "on the brink of World War 3!"

Here's a social media post from the WHO from....January 4.

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 am

Tree wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 pm
A quaint oversimplification. “Did we completely fix everything by shutting down for a few months? No? Well hell that plan was a loser. Why not let’s go the other way. Just open’er up wide and see wut happens, huh?”

Look I get that you place a higher value on economy vs human life than me and that’s fine. There are no absolute right and wrongs here. But if you open things up too far and melt the healthcare services infrastructure like a steel beam during 911 you’re going to cause way more destruction and mayhem in the long run.
Our healthcare services infrastructure here in Texas could probably be considered to be melting like a steel beam during 911, but it has nothing to with people being sick from COVID-19

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/hea ... surgeries/

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/hea ... gh-others/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/h ... oyees.html

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/f ... id-19.html
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 29, 2020 12:08 pm

sardis wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 am The events of the last few days have shown the reason for the 2nd Amendment.
until people learn the difference between protesting and using an injustice as an opportunity to burn and loot, they'll never see the change they hope for. They are just validating the police's approach and indifference to their circumstances.

also, as a result of this , Minneapolis is going to lose population. It was probably losing it already after the massive influx of Somalians, but at any rate - the city will begin an accelerated decline that will only result in more crime and less police tolerance (and unfortunately presence).
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 29, 2020 12:16 pm

'But my job in the end is to prove he violated a criminal statute - but there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge.'

Freeman pleaded for patience from the Minneapolis community ravaged by Floyd's death as he warned that the investigation 'can't be rushed' for fear of a repeat of the Freddie Gray case in 2015 where all charges were dropped against cops involved in the black man's death.
Welp, sounds like the stage is already being set for nationwide BLM protests and their corresponding but only tangentially related disaster...communist rioting.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 pm

yea,

but I also heard him or someone else say - and I"m paraphrasing a bit - "I asking you to give me time to investigate this so you can get justice"

when you phrase it like that, you may be buying time but you're adding fuel to the fire.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 29, 2020 1:39 pm

Seems they have arrested him now.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Fri May 29, 2020 1:47 pm

aTm wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:44 am What a fucking bunch of shit. January 3? Can I get a list of all the nations that stopped this pandemic in its tracks based on information from briefings on January 3? The date January 3rd as the date Trump should have started doing something is patently absurd. January 3rd was the day we killed Solemeini (which seems like 5 years ago). We were "on the brink of World War 3!"

Here's a social media post from the WHO from....January 4.

Ouch! Looks as if someone just got schooled. Smokey is clueless.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 29, 2020 2:08 pm

wow.....

Before George Floyd died in police custody this week, triggering destructive riots as large crowds protested in Minneapolis, the city's mayor, Jacob Frey, warned that allowing 25 percent capacity in churches would be "a recipe in Minneapolis for a public health disaster" due to the coronavirus.

Now, as his city is overwhelmed by crowds causing property damage and clashing with police, Frey's own government said that it is giving out masks to the rioters -- even though the state has prohibited gatherings of 10 or more people because of the pandemic.

The comments Frey made came Monday on "CNN Newsroom" as the mayor discussed Gov. Tim Walz's plan to allow the limited reopening of churches amid the coronavirus pandemic with host John King. Frey alluded to King that he may flout the governor's guidance -- which would allow churches to operate at 25 percent capacity with no more than 250 people whether indoors or outdoors -- because he said it may put the people of his city in danger.

"I support our governor, I think he's doing a tremendous job and he's looking out for the entire state of Minnesota, whereas I'm looking out for the unique characteristics associated with the city of Minneapolis," Frey said. "Moving up to 25 percent capacity and up to 250 people in places of worship is a recipe in Minneapolis for a public health disaster."

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 29, 2020 3:58 pm

"The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

----thats going to make things interesting

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 29, 2020 4:24 pm

You gotta see this. Is he a cop? Hmmmmm

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri May 29, 2020 7:42 pm

sardis wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 am The events of the last few days have shown the reason for the 2nd Amendment.
Amen.

I don't blame the protesters being outraged by the Minneapolis cops. They have every reason to be. That was flat out murder.

I never got the idea of taking your legitimate anger at bad cops, and venting it by attacking innocent bystanders and looting/burning businesses. I never understood that at all.

There's a big protest going on in downtown Atlanta right now. Thankfully, the protest has been mostly peaceful, probably because the ATL city government and police are overwhelmingly black. The only destruction of property is at the CNN headquarters, where they are trashing the big CNN sign. That is ironic beyond belief. That would be like 2A protesters attacking the FOX building. I can only imagine what the CNN people inside are thinking right now.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri May 29, 2020 8:01 pm

Well, the Atlanta protest WAS peaceful...
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri May 29, 2020 9:41 pm

eCat wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:58 pm "The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

----thats going to make things interesting
Marked down for Covid.