Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by crotch » Thu May 21, 2020 11:46 pm

If I was a family member of the old man, I'd come 'locked and loaded' to get justice for this senseless act. Nursing homes should be a place of safety, not run by thugs.

Last edited by crotch on Thu May 21, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu May 21, 2020 11:49 pm

aTm wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:17 pm
Tree wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:39 pm Anyone else sick of these alt right douchetards who think they're patriots for wanting to "open the economy back up asap" and kill another few hundred thousdand Americans in the process? Propaganda is an amazing thing.
People are going to die regardless. Especially this winter. There is no stopping many Americans from dying, especially those 85 and older that this is mainly killing (and many who would have died of "something" n the next few months regardless). This disease is out there, we failed to stop it in China, in Europe, here. We failed worldwide. The entire population staying in your house for years just stops you from living a life almost as much as fucking dying would, and most likely if you get this you dont even get sick, or have a flu like sickness. There is no vaccine, there is no date when we think one may be available. There will probably never be a vaccine. I dont think we have an effective vaccine for any coronavirus. We cant hide in our houses forever, and in fact the only way for a significant portion of the population to develop antibodies to where there is a herd immunity (the only way old people can possibly be protected) is probably for young people to hurry up and all get the disease.

Anyway, we're already fucked, as Ive said before so, enjoy the Great Depression II
People are going to die regardless. Yes true and congrats on the most generic ambivalent statement ever made.

The rest of your post reminds me of my gammy Meemaw. She used to tell us how when one of her kids got sick, they all got to lay in bed together and get the cold so she didn't have to work as hard. Remind you of anyone currently in power?
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri May 22, 2020 8:23 am

"If I was a family member of the old man, I'd come 'locked and loaded' to get justice for this senseless act."

I thought it was you...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 22, 2020 8:41 am

"The rest of your post reminds me of my gammy Meemaw. She used to tell us how when one of her kids got sick, they all got to lay in bed together and get the cold so she didn't have to work as hard."

People were tougher back then...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by aTm » Fri May 22, 2020 8:55 am

“People are going to die regardless” wasn’t really a fatalistic generic statement. What I meant was that the objective of stopping the disease throughout the population by shutting down the economy has failed. The disease likely will eventually run through most our entire population (or mathematically, until it gets difficult for the people who have it to come in contact with someone who hasn’t had it) That’s what the “Especially this winter” statement means. People are still going to die from this disease Because what we’re doing really isn’t stopping shit, we’re just lengthening the time it takes to slowly run through us, and destroying the economy to do it.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 22, 2020 8:59 am

The funny thing is that the majority of people who do die, do fit into the “people will die regardless category”. Death without some other comorbidty is low. The median age of those who die is around 85
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am

So they arrested the guy in Georgia that took the video of the racist shooting. Ok.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri May 22, 2020 9:41 am

they canceled the 2020 Ohio State Fair

I've been a couple of times, saw Devo there in concert about 8 years ago

I hope they don't start canceling fall festivals
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri May 22, 2020 11:16 am

lets hope Georgia isn't indicative of the rest of the nation...

Georgia’s early move to start easing stay-at-home restrictions nearly a month ago has done little to stem the state’s flood of unemployment claims — illustrating how hard it is to bring jobs back while consumers are still afraid to go outside.

Weekly applications for jobless benefits have remained so elevated that Georgia now leads the country in terms of the proportion of its workforce applying for unemployment assistance. A staggering 40.3 percent of the state's workers — two out of every five — has filed for unemployment insurance payments since the coronavirus pandemic led to widespread shutdowns in mid-March, a POLITICO review of Labor Department data shows.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 22, 2020 11:42 am

lets hope Georgia isn't indicative of the rest of the nation...
Ha. A real, big time depression is coming even if we went full steam ahead now, IMO. Many businesses will not re-open, many businesses will not staff up to pre-COVID levels. Entertainment will (such as your fall festivals) for the foreseeable future, even after this has past, be seen as risky ventures that might get cancelled for some emergency for years to come. Each little drip is one other person who cant buy as much shit as they used to, and then that company they used to buy more from cant survive, multiplied by millions/billions/trillions of cascading drips. Pre COVID and post COVID are two different eras in history, and the differences will be more and more stark the longer this shut down orders go on. We are being kept afloat right now only by a firehose of stimulus checks, unemployment bennies that are the equivalent of $30,000-50,000 salaries, and foregivable stimulus loans to businesses.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 22, 2020 11:48 am

This also means that all of our election "analysis" as well as current polling on anything right now is garbage. The outcome of the election is basically 50/50 because there is no way to know which way this will break by November. The winner will likely be whichever side is lucky enough to be on the better side of news/social media cycle in terms of public outrage and fear at that particular moment.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm

They need to stop the juiced up unemployment payments. A restaurant client of mine can't get some of the staff back because he is getting $800 a week in unemployment. The local McDonald's is giving $500 signing bonuses.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Employers have to hire staff back to get their PPP loans forgiven. Employees are getting paid more or comparable salaries to not do shit until at least July 31. The "solution" is to spend time turning your own staff in to the state workforce commissions and get them cut off. Its a lovely situation that Im sure will engender much employer/employee goodwill, and make things go really smothly so that these businesses dont go out of business...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 22, 2020 1:04 pm

The sky is falling!

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri May 22, 2020 6:09 pm

aTm wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:42 am Ha. A real, big time depression is coming even if we went full steam ahead now, IMO.
I generally agree with you. I don’t think the Great Depression II WILL happen. But it sure CAN happen. I’ve been stocking up a bunch of supplies on my farm just in case. They’ll also come in handy if Biden gets elected.

Last edited by Professor Tiger on Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Idiot

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 pm

Heh, a half-ass pastor who spent his entire "career" (and retirement, according to his own boastful reports) sucking off the federal tit and now he thinks we're going to believe he's a self-sufficient country boy. LMAO. I doubt you can screw in a lightbulb without asking your undoubtedly hideous, flap-titted wife how to do it. Suck those flap tits, boy, it's all you've got...

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 pm

hedge keeps doing what he does best:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Sat May 23, 2020 8:01 am

If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, you ain't black...

Well, at least Joe knows blacks.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Sat May 23, 2020 8:59 am

GOP Senate Nominee 'Literally Physically In Tears' After Campaign Retracts QAnon Support
Sebastian Murdock
May 22, 2020, 5:44 PM EDT

The Republican nominee for Oregon’s U.S. Senate seat is a staunch supporter of QAnon and is fighting against her own campaign to promote the dangerous conspiracy network.

Insurance agent Jo Rae Perkins won the GOP nomination by a landslide earlier this week to run against Sen. Jeff Merkley, a Democrat. Part of her voter appeal might be her belief in QAnon, a right-wing conspiracy that claims President Donald Trump is involved in stopping a pedophile network of Satan-worshipping cannibals who have infiltrated every level of government and the mass media.

Republicans, including the National Republican Senatorial Committee and The White House, have so far declined to comment on their new ally, ABC News reported. But Perkins own campaign team attempted to distance its candidate from QAnon on Wednesday, saying in a statement that Perkins “would never describe herself as a follower.”

Perkins didn’t agree with that statement, telling ABC News the following day that she was “literally physically in tears” after she read the statement on her personal Twitter account.
“My campaign is gonna kill me,” Perkins told the publication. “How do I say this? Some people think that I follow Q like I follow Jesus. Q is the information and I stand with the information resource.”
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"