Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by bluetick » Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 pm

aTm wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:36 pm They are also recently having a spike in cases and deaths, after loosening the testing, tracing, and quarantines, because surprise, if nobody got it the first time, then they can still get it now, and nobody has managed to eliminate this virus, so all South Korea has done is delay the majority of their population from getting it through spying and control of the populace. They will have to keep interfering, tracking, and forcibly quarantining people for forever to beat the virus, unless miraculously they can keep doing it until there is an effective and safe vaccine (coming who knows when if ever).
May 11, 2020, 4:37 AM EDT

A new outbreak of coronavirus cases in South Korea has sent officials scrambling to stop its spread in the densely populated capital city of Seoul.
Officials reported over 30 new infections across the country as of midnight on Sunday (May 10), the highest daily numbers in more than a month.
The country had been lauded for its early action in slowing the pandemic.
But on Sunday, President Moon Jae-In warned of a second wave.
"It's not over until it's over. While keeping enhanced alertness till the end, we must never lower our guard regarding epidemic prevention."
Most of the recent infection cluster was linked back to a slew of clubs and bars in the popular nightlife district of Itaewon, many of which catered to members of the LGBTQ community.

Big spike. YUGE.

South Korea tested early and often - 1 test for every 144 persons back in March vs the US's 1 in 956. They were on the outbreaks from the jump - and still are.

But hey - let's see how the two countries compare when this is all over. They're freaking out over 30 new cases, and we've had 21,000 in the last 24 hrs.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue May 19, 2020 9:28 pm

It doesnt change anything, in one year, or two, or five almost every single south korean will have had it.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Thanks for your help, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...

More than 40,000 National Guard members currently helping states test residents for the coronavirus and trace the spread of infections will face a “hard stop” on their deployments on June 24 — just one day shy of many members becoming eligible for key federal benefits, according to a senior FEMA official.

The official outlined the Trump administration’s plans on an interagency call on May 12, an audio version of which was obtained by POLITICO. The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/1 ... rus-267514
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue May 19, 2020 10:21 pm

aTm wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:28 pm It doesnt change anything, in one year, or two, or five almost every single south korean will have had it.
Seriously? The highest percentage of the US population forecasted "to have it" is 70%...mainly because we suck at COVID-19. What specific information do you have that makes you claim that "every single south korean will have had it"?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue May 19, 2020 10:31 pm

hedge wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 pm Thanks for your help, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...

More than 40,000 National Guard members currently helping states test residents for the coronavirus and trace the spread of infections will face a “hard stop” on their deployments on June 24 — just one day shy of many members becoming eligible for key federal benefits, according to a senior FEMA official.

The official outlined the Trump administration’s plans on an interagency call on May 12, an audio version of which was obtained by POLITICO. The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/1 ... rus-267514
MFers can't plan for a world-wide pandemic, but they can scheme up this kind of screw-job for men and women in uniform.

Somebody here mount a defense for this "hard stop" deployment plan. C'mon...take a swing at it.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 pm

Math.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 20, 2020 7:58 am

Was that in answer to his first post or his second? Or both?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed May 20, 2020 8:43 am

it was a business decision

the same reason when I worked at UPS, they'd have a guy with our time card at the punch clock to clock us out at 4hours, 50seconds so we wouldn't get paid OT obeying union rules working a 5 hour shift.

I recognize the military isn't used to that kind of restrictions but if you're saying this is a Trump thing, then you have to expect him to focus on his wheelhouse, and there may be other reasons beyond just basic compensation.

What is really new about this is people screaming about it. The military has been making these types of decisions for decades.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 20, 2020 9:20 am

I know that Trump Derangement Syndrome sufferers blame everything bad on Trump. If Trump did it, then it is bad. And if Trump didn’t do it, then that is bad too.

Why can’t Trump be more like Governor Cuomo? A real leader who knows what he is doing? Well, according to the racist NBC news:
Coronavirus spreads in a New York nursing home forced to take recovering patients

Three states hit hard by the pandemic — New York, New Jersey and California — have ordered nursing homes and other long-term care facilities to accept coronavirus patients discharged from hospitals. The policy, intended to help clear in-demand hospital beds for sicker patients, has prompted sharp criticism from the nursing home industry, staff members and concerned families, as well as some leading public health experts.

“Nursing homes are working so hard to keep the virus out, and now we’re going to be introducing new COVID-positive patients?” asked David Grabowski, a professor of health policy at Harvard Medical School. Instead, he believes that states should create COVID-only facilities for recovering patients discharged from hospitals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1191811
Blue state governors forcibly send Covid patients to nursing homes filled with people who are the most at risk. But Trump is the idiot.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm

"BAKERY: We refuse to serve gay people.
FAKE CONSERVATIVES: That is their right!

BAKERY: We refuse to serve anyone not wearing a mask.
FAKE CONSERVATIVES: You’re violating our rights!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm

there is definitely some hypocrisy there
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 20, 2020 12:10 pm

I saw on twitter someone stating that Biden is leaning toward Whitmer as a VP running mate- at least she is on the short list

that would be a huge mistake. I'm not certain she could even deliver Michigan

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 20, 2020 1:22 pm

I think it's going to be Kamala...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 pm

Some of his advisors are probably telling him that Whitmer would appeal to the white suburban female, but that person doesn't understand how hateful and vindictive the white suburban female can be, which is why some of them would hate to see some woman like themselves be VP...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 20, 2020 1:41 pm

Kamala would be a better choice

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 20, 2020 1:47 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 20, 2020 3:37 pm

Pelosi being called out...

You enjoyed Nancy Pelosi calling Donald Trump obese because you hate fat people, not just him

That impulse to use those words, to express that hatred of fat people, to silence and punish us for existing, has always been in our culture

Nancy Pelosi openly fat-shaming Donald Trump on national television illustrated nothing about the coronavirus pandemic, the real dangers of hydroxychloroquine for people with COVID-19 infections or the foolishness of taking it prophylactically when it seemingly has no effect on the virus. It simply reiterated for the thins what fat people have known forever: You hate us, and it's acceptable to do so...

Pelosi is good at this type of fat-shaming because most people are. It's powerful because hateful speech always is — especially hateful speech that appeals to a lot of people, and a lot of you hate fat people. If you enjoyed it, you enjoyed it because you hate fat people. It's not complicated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/y ... cna1210911

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 20, 2020 3:42 pm

I like Doc and DS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 pm

I wonder if it hurt their feelings when Pelosi fat-shamed Trump?

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by Dr. Nostron » Wed May 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Very hurtful