Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 am

pretty desperate if you really want to blame deaths of Covid-19 on Trump.

does he get credit for the Kentucky emergency hospital that was built to the tune of over $1m dollars and was never used due to lack of patients?

all the ventilators in storage collecting dust that Governors demanded for the oncoming thousands of people that doctors will have to determine who lives and who dies without it?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu May 14, 2020 10:50 am

Ex-detective charged in death of Ahmaud Arbery lost power to make arrests after skipping use-of-force training

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... -training/
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 14, 2020 10:51 am

So this guy wasn't even allowed to make arrests as a policeman, yet now he's out "arresting" people in the neighborhood (and killing them)...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 14, 2020 12:13 pm

eCat wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 am pretty desperate if you really want to blame deaths of Covid-19 on Trump.

does he get credit for the Kentucky emergency hospital that was built to the tune of over $1m dollars and was never used due to lack of patients?

all the ventilators in storage collecting dust that Governors demanded for the oncoming thousands of people that doctors will have to determine who lives and who dies without it?
You're starting to sound like crotch but I'll give you a break because you don't have dementia.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 pm

"pretty desperate if you really want to blame deaths of Covid-19 on Trump."

Nah, I was just trying to rile you guys up. But evidently some folks are a bit more serious about it:

The ‘Trump Death Clock’ Shows the Toll of Coronavirus Inaction. And It May Be Coming to a City Near You.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-coron ... u?ref=home

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 14, 2020 12:33 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:13 pm
eCat wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 am pretty desperate if you really want to blame deaths of Covid-19 on Trump.

You're starting to sound like crotch but I'll give you a break because you don't have dementia.
you just sound like Jungle Rat
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu May 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Anyone else sick of these alt right douchetards who think they're patriots for wanting to "open the economy back up asap" and kill another few hundred thousdand Americans in the process? Propaganda is an amazing thing.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 14, 2020 9:52 pm

nope

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu May 14, 2020 10:05 pm

ju don't wear the mask, eCat?
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 pm

Seems as if Trump is getting a bit tired of the cowardly weasel Lindsay Graham not doing his job.... as we all are.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 am

eCat wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:33 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:13 pm

you just sound like Jungle Rat
Um. Ouch?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 15, 2020 7:59 am

Tree wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:05 pm ju don't wear the mask, eCat?
at this point we have no idea the damage to our economy and the long term prosperity of this country.

We can't give out 3 trillion dollars in stimulus money so people can stay at home playing on the internet all day.

Our national security not to mention our civil rights are in jeopardy. We've fought wars where hundreds of thousands of people died to preserve what we a jeopardizing over a virus.

Secondly, we've listened to the experts, and quite frankly, none of them have been right or even close. Yea you can roll out some guy somewhere with credentials who predicted a pandemic. One day we'll be rolling out an expert who predicted a meteor would hit the earth or a volcano will erupt in Yellowstone too. But the Imperial Report predicted millions of deaths, and turns out the head "scientist" didn't even bother to follow his own stay at home advice and snuck out to see his mistress. He resigned his advisory position with the government 3 week ago. The imperial report is what sent off the alarm bells in the Trump administration and to governors across the country when it was released back at the start of this.

And it was wrong. Not just wrong, wildly wrong

The decisions that are being made about this virus are arbitrary. The bottom line is the people in charge don't know what they are doing - and I don't hold them accountable for it. No one is a global pandemic expert, but they are basing their decisions on people who should have the ability to predict more accurately - and they are not. They have created a doomsday scenario out of an abundance of caution and it doesn't match the reality of what we are seeing.

The idea that we have to trade our economy to save lives is not founded on science, but conjecture. And our leaders , from local officials all the way up to our president have been wrong more than they have been right.

We should go back to work, we should open everything back up. Yea, it probably makes sense to avoid large mass gatherings, but even then , we need to identify high risk people, get them addressed and everyone else needs to get on with their life. Yes, more people will get covid 19 because of this, more people will die, but the people who need to see oncologists, the people who need heart stents, the people that need mental health support - they're going to die too if we don't, then we can touch on suicides, domestic violence, violent crime due to poverty, the states cuts to medicaid, medicare, social services, police, fire - how can we put a number of the amount of suffering and death that results from a state like Ohio have a $3 billion deficit due to lack of revenues? We will see what that number is over a span of 5-10 years, not over 4 months of flu season.

That's not propaganda.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 15, 2020 8:31 am

lets expand this further into the monetary incentive to exploit covid-19 deaths. This isn't unique, its happening in every state. I first heard about it from my SIL who is an emergency room nurse at UK

-------------------

A Colorado man who died of alcohol poisoning had his death classified as due to the coronavirus, possibly shedding light on a skewed virus death toll in the state, according to a report on Thursday.

Sebastian Yellow, 35, was found dead by police on May 4. Montezuma County Coroner George Deavers later determined that his death was due to acute alcohol poisoning. His blood-alcohol content measured in at .55. The legal limit in the state is .08.

But before Deavers signed the death certificate, Colorado health officials reportedly categorized Yellow’s death as being due to COVID-19.

What killed Sebastian Yellow? Coroner says the man drank himself to death with .550 blood alcohol reading-'ethanol toxicity' reads death certificate. But @CDPHE has categorized it as a #COVID19 death, raising many questions.

“They should have to be recording the same way I do. They have to go off the truth and facts and list it as such,” said Deavers, according to Denver's KCNC-TV.

Back in April, health officials in Colorado classified three nursing home fatalities as COVID-19 deaths, even though attending physicians ruled they were not related to the coronavirus.

While Yellow later tested positive for COVID-19, Deavers said his death had nothing to do with the coronavirus.

“It wasn’t COVID, it was alcohol toxicity,” said Deavers, according to the station.”Yes, he did have COVID but that is not what took his life.”

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment released a statement to KCNC-TV on how they classify COVID-19 related deaths.

"We classify a death as confirmed when there was a case who had a positive SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) laboratory test and then died. We also classify some deaths as probable," the statement said.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 am

"We can't give out 3 trillion dollars in stimulus money so people can stay at home playing on the internet all day.... we need to identify high risk people, get them addressed and everyone else needs to get on with their life."

Playing on the internet has been our life for the past 20 years or so...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 15, 2020 9:09 am

I don't doubt that some deaths have been recorded as covid that shouldn't have been, and that's not right, but I'm pretty sure there have been more deaths due to covid that were not recorded as such than ones that were not due to covid that were reported as such. The true number of deaths due to covid is higher than what is being reported. I'm not saying it's massively higher, but it is definitely higher...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 15, 2020 9:41 am

He probably died because he was quarantined because of cornholio and had nothing else to do but drink.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 15, 2020 10:09 am

Kinda funny (in a cynical way, but that's good) take on this whole thing:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/03/opin ... tions.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 15, 2020 10:24 am

hedge wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 am "We can't give out 3 trillion dollars in stimulus money so people can stay at home playing on the internet all day.... we need to identify high risk people, get them addressed and everyone else needs to get on with their life."

Playing on the internet has been our life for the past 20 years or so...
its actually amazing we'd pulled it off that long

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 15, 2020 10:31 am

And gotten paid the whole time. It's kinda obscene when you think about it...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 15, 2020 11:02 am

I've raised 2 kids into adulthood during that time

well raised might be a stretch