Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:35 pm

speaking of tech, a minor win for states rights over Republican RINOs, Appeals court says FCC overstepped when barring states from developing their own net neutrality laws. Progressive states will go after Comcast................................

the court sided with net neutrality supporters ruling the FCC had overstepped its authority when it barred states from passing their own net neutrality protections. That piece of the decision is seen as the silver-lining in the decision for net neutrality supporters.

Following the ruling, Mozilla said it's still considering its next steps. But the company, best known for its Firefox browser, has vowed to continue fighting for net neutrality protections. It's encouraged by the court's decision to throw-out the FCC's blanket preemption of state net neutrality laws. This will "free states to enact net neutrality rules to protect consumers," Amy Keating, chief legal officer for Mozilla, said in a statement.

Other net neutrality supporters are also focusing on the state preemption issue. Gigi Sohn, an adviser to former FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler, who helped write the 2015 net neutrality rules, said this gives states an opportunity to protect consumers.

"The DC Circuit Court has spoken very clearly -- the states are now free to do what the FCC will not -- assert authority over the broadband market and protect an open Internet," she said. "Broadband providers will inevitably complain about having to comply with a so-called 'patchwork' of different state laws, but that is of their own making."

But a senior FCC official said on a call with reporters that the agency believes it still has the right to sue states to block regulations on a case by case basis.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:39 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:54 am Do you really think Trump wanted Biden investigated for the best interests of the country? There's no way to prove it either way, I understand, but I'm just asking if you really believe that...
I remember a guy...The Mighty Hedgehog. He was on fire, that guy - loads of sass. Truckloads.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:02 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:54 am Do you really think Trump wanted Biden investigated for the best interests of the country? There's no way to prove it either way, I understand, but I'm just asking if you really believe that...
No, but again, its an ethical/political concern. Donald Trump is the elected President, so whatever he does that is within his power/purview is done for the best interests of the country, at least according to him. To bring him down for it is a political problem, not a legal one and #TeamBlue will never have the votes in the Senate over #TeamRed necessary to remove him.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:10 pm

Asking Ukraine to investigate Biden is basically a nothing burger compared to say, "he's controlled by the Kremlin" and its basically been shown so far throughout this entire term that #TeamBlue gains very little traction politically even with that. I dont think the Senate would convict Trump and remove him from office even if that idiot Schiff's version of the phone call was accurate.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Nothing burger. Sweet Jesus..

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:37 pm

it really is nothing. The guaranteed impeachment from the Mueller investigation is still warm and now the dems just turn around and jump on it again. After this fails it will be something else.

People are tired of them, even the Trump haters are tired of the hysteria. They'd rather see them put the efforts into selecting a candidate that can beat Trump. An impeachment only locks his base down further.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:54 pm

bluetick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:39 pm
I remember a guy...The Mighty Hedgehog. He was on fire, that guy - loads of sass. Truckloads.
I meant to say there's no way either of us can prove it at this moment, but still wanted to get his opinion, irregardless of proof...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:57 pm

"I dont think the Senate would convict Trump and remove him from office even if that idiot Schiff's version of the phone call was accurate."

Well, let them be on the record about it, then. When Trump is out of office I don't want them mewling and backtracking and pretending like they were "really" not in the tank for Trump irregardless of the level of his malfeasance...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:03 pm

Seriously, what's going to happen after Trump? Even if he gets reelected, he's gone in 2024. Who can follow his act? There are millions of people who love Trump just b/c they love the spectacle. It's entertaining to them to have a guy bluster and tweet like Trump does. They're not going to get excited about a Jeb Bush type of republican or anybody, really, who is just a normal person who doesn't behave the way Trump does. I think you're going to see a dramatic fall-off of republican voters after Trump is gone, not b/c they don't generally agree with republican philosophy but b/c they're just going to be so bored with a normal person that they won't be motivated to vote for them. Not all, of course, or even the majority, but if even a few million decide they can't be bothered to turn out for some milquetoast candidate, it's going to be disastrous for republicans...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Damn. I really wish Trump would have gone forward with his moat idea instead of wasting money on a wall kids can climb. Filling it with alligators and snakes was genius.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:15 pm

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:41 pm

LMAO. C- for content but A+ for presentation. So Nickelback photograph memes have finally broken onto the world geopolitical stage? What a time to be alive.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:00 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 pm

Welp, that didn't take long. The day after our back and forth about the "legislative coup", Trump tweeted that it was, well, a coup. More evidence that the highest halls of power in this country are getting their talking points from the Goat Pen. But we already knew that. Where's kathaksung when you need him?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:54 pm

it plays well with the base

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:01 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:54 pm it plays well with the base
LOL Yeah, those guys.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:09 am

bluetick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:01 pm
eCat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:54 pm it plays well with the base
LOL Yeah, those guys.
and that perspective is why they come out in it droves to make sure whoever you support doesn't get elected

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:16 am

Sometimes twice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:33 am

not anything new but a better more reputable face to say it

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:14 pm

this whole Ukraine scenario is going to do nothing but take out biden

puts the spotlight on him and china

there is no quidproquo with trump
but all the world sees bidens remarks live and wiord for word bragging

any of those democratic candidates gonna have the balls to bring up humnter bidens billion plus deal with china or million plus deal with urkraine both set up directly after papajoe visitor the appropropriate corruptibles from both countries