Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:12 am

Same place as Sawzall fits into the reciprocating saw pantheon. Actually Sawzall is higher, mainly due to redneck workers saying, James Jones-like, "Bring me dat Sawzall!"
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:08 pm

Good news for Crotch...

Study: Opossums are Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease, Killing 5000 Ticks Per Week Each

https://returntonow.net/2019/01/27/stud ... week-each/

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:56 pm

Farmall's were famous for the wrist breaker design - the two wheels close together in the front, although that wasn't exclusive to the tractors they built.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:56 pm Farmall's were famous for the wrist breaker design
You could just about say that for any tractor that doesn't have power steering. My 35 doesn't have power steering and have had my wrists twisted many times by trying to turn in a rut and a few fingers almost dislocated also.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Thank you for your well wishes. We have spent a shitload to get here (emotionally and financially), and I'm going to cherish every moment. I just wish I had my dad here so I could tell him, watch him enjoy a grandchild and so that he could get a kick out of watching my child give me hell like I gave Dad (it's guaranteed to happen).

Any tricycle tractor without power steering is a bitch especially in soft, sandy soil, but nothing is worse than trying to steer something after power steering goes out. Farmall's two wheel tricycle was noted as being a special type of pain in the ass though.

Farmall was produced by International Harvestor (IH). IH merged with Case in the early 80's to create Case-IH, and Case-IH merged with New Holland (which had bought out Ford Tractor) in the late 90's. The merger included a major European manufacturer (Fiat?).

Neither CNH nor John Deere is the largest ag/tractor company. Mahindra (out of India) has that honor. Also, John Deere is the last of the truly American (as in ownership and control) tractor/ag companies.

There's a specific model of Farmall/IH that was and is really popular with people who have large gardens (beans, corn and other produce). I think it was the 140, but I could be mistaken. Dad would always buy up junker 140's -- even when he was in his wheel chair -- and strip them for parts during the fall and winter, and he would sell them like hotcakes during the late winter and early spring when folks were getting their gear in order.

Also, if you restore some of the 1960's models Fords or MF's, parts are really easy to find because the molds and patents were sold off to various companies in developing nations (heck, they still make ripoffs of the MF 35 and 135 in Africa, and there was/is an Indian company making 3000/4000/5000 knockoff's), and you can find a lot of the parts for reasonable prices.

Prior to the Ferguson System/Three Point Hitch, each brand had their own hitching/connector system for implements. After Ford/Ferguson lost the patent/agreed to license the system (I want to say the government forced their hand due to the fact that there was a dire need for an universal system, and that system was the best by far), it became the universal standard in short order.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:48 am

Farmall is what I drove putting in tobacco in the summer of 81. I don't ever remember a tractor with power steering. I had to fight and defeat them every time I got on one.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:47 am

Goddamn, almost 16 years old and driving the tractor? I bet you were hated and mocked by the real workers. I was hanging sticks in the barn in '79 with Jeff Harper. Ask Mama, axe her! (Muttering under my breath) tractor driver, pffft....

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:10 am

I drove the the tractor back and forth to the buck barns and hung the 100lb racks, not the girly sticks you little retarded faggots did. I was also placed in charge of my own Negro to direct, lest he wander off during the workday

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:13 am

congrats on DSJr

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 am

I'm sure there was a tow motor to lift the racks in place, all you had to do was push them in. Stick barns were the worst. You had to straddle the posts and hang about a thousand sticks of tobacco. It was worst in the morning, when the dew was still dripping off the tobacco and not much better later in the day when it got up to 120 degrees in the top of the barn. Meanwhile you were out there whistling in the breeze as you drove the tractor and barked at your minion...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:19 am

I hated hanging tobacco. I'd always be in the first rung meaning I had to touch every stick. My arms would cramp up

I also hated weeding it, cutting it, pulling the plants out of the hotbed - planting it was kinda fun because of riding the planter - for about 20 minutes, then I hated it too

Then you got to strip it in the fall, inside a small room filled with dust

ugh, I hate tobacco. It kept me in pocket money though as a middling teen
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:27 am

I never had to work in tobacco. Thank God

Dad and his cousin would brag they were so good they could hang those old school barns.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:28 am

I didn’t work in tobacco, but it was my understanding it was always a girl/the farmer’s daughter who drove the tractor during harvesting.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:33 am

I have probably told this story before but I worked with a farmer who was a blast , mainly because he was a full time drunk, like a 24 pack of beer during the day. His daughter drove the tractor for us in the summer . Nice girl, kinda cute . Anyways, we're loading hay and we come across a quayle nest in the field with eggs, so for whatever reason he picks them up, looks at them and then throws them at his daughter. Hits her square in the back on the head. so now she has broken eggshells and runny yolks in her hair, which prompts her to scream, hop off the tractor and run off to the truck, take the truck back to the house never to be seen again.

So now our ass is out there without a driver, so we have to put the tractor in low and just let it drive, while I run up there between loading bails on the wagon and steer the son of a bitch. I'm lucky I didn't trip and get runover, and when we break for lunch, we don't have a damn truck so we have to walk back to the house in the 90 degree august heat.

He was a fun guy but I was pissed at him that day

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:15 am

A case over the course of the day really isn’t that bad.

24 beers over a 10-12 hour day is 2-2.4 beers per hour.

There are several Saturday’s each year at the beach or involving football that I drink well in excess of a case over the course of a day and night. Even if you’re drinking non-light beer, if it’s masses produced American beer, it’s not that strong compared to other beers.

It’s the liquor that gets you.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:50 am

"I didn’t work in tobacco, but it was my understanding it was always a girl/the farmer’s daughter who drove the tractor during harvesting."

Yes, either that or some old man who had the artharitis and couldn't play in the man's game anymore. Or, well, Stu...

"so for whatever reason he picks them up, looks at them and then throws them at his daughter. Hits her square in the back on the head. so now she has broken eggshells and runny yolks in her hair, which prompts her to scream, hop off the tractor and run off to the truck, take the truck back to the house"

I'm sure that exact thing happened to Stu many times that summer...

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:16 pm

I drove the tractor to the barn and loaded the racks with my grit and the help of the Negro, Victor, and later his brother, Joseph, whose dream was to "get on at Firestone," where his brother Connell worked. Joseph was a fine example of industriousness whereas Victor was no account and required my oversight.

We also had 70-something Evander, who looked like a Delta bluesman. He drank a jug of wine nightly and, sdid Joseph, fucked girls in high school because his dick was as long as a tobacco lug.

The harvester was driven by my alcoholic great uncle El, who bore strong resemblance to the Whitey character in "Barfly" and had two buxom and hot in a redneck way daughters in their late 20s that I always wanted to fuck at the same time right there in the tobacco field while shaky Uncle El danced like that guy in Deliverance.

I had the hardest job out there, unlike Hedge who rode the harvester all day.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:11 pm

So, Stu wanted to fuck his two first cousins, once removed?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:15 pm

It would've beaten fucking the knot in the stump beside the barn, which was the best he could do at the time...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Well, if I recall, he watched you lose your virginity. It's all a bit disconcerting.