Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Dr. Nostron wrote:Do all the excursions you can - whale watching, salmon bake, crab bake, train rides - they are all worth it

got them all already booked - the train, the whale watch and seafood boil, and hiking the glacier

We're also going to hike somewhere in Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest since we are getting there a day early.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Dr. Nostron » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Excellent

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:14 am

I thought this was interesting - brief history of the world behind the Dirty Dancing movie

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/beyo ... ket-newtab

and whats left of it today

https://forward.com/culture/183901/redi ... lorious-c/
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:51 am

Saint wrote:my 2001 Toyota Sienna has 230K miles on it, the last 114K by me since 2011. I just put in a new radiator last week by myself (and the YouTube guy) which means the original one lasted 3x longer than it should have. It's got some other issues, but the motor is running great. I hope it lasts another 100K miles.

Spoke too soon. The engine light (which has been on for 2 years due to some vague fuse situation the Auto Zone guy told me not to worry about) is now blinking and the engine shakes while idling. Looks like best case is a bunch of new plugs and probably a coil. Worse case is that the head is starting to do. Either way, I don't think it's going to see another 100K miles, at least not with me.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:44 am

Saint wrote:
Saint wrote:my 2001 Toyota Sienna has 230K miles on it, the last 114K by me since 2011. I just put in a new radiator last week by myself (and the YouTube guy) which means the original one lasted 3x longer than it should have. It's got some other issues, but the motor is running great. I hope it lasts another 100K miles.

Spoke too soon. The engine light (which has been on for 2 years due to some vague fuse situation the Auto Zone guy told me not to worry about) is now blinking and the engine shakes while idling. Looks like best case is a bunch of new plugs and probably a coil. Worse case is that the head is starting to do. Either way, I don't think it's going to see another 100K miles, at least not with me.

the rear plugs on that is a pain in the ass, you have to take the throttle body off to get to them. At any rate, I doubt its head gasket. The only way you'd blow a head gasket in it is if you let it overheat.

Go back to auto zone and have them run codes for you again - or better yet, buy this
https://www.amazon.com/TT-Scanner-TOPDO ... way&sr=8-8 so you can read and clear the check engine lights.

In the mean time, disconnect your battery cables, touch them together (without it touching the battery) and leave them off for about 5 minutes, then connect them back. It resets the computer and you might be able to get a clear reading on what the real problem is.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:47 am

"Looks like best case is a bunch of new plugs and probably a coil."

The MIF's daughter's boyfriend is driving some old ass car, I went with him somewhere in it the other week, it was trembling and shaking, no power, etc., he put new spark plugs in it and it's running fine now...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 am

Just got back from Mexico and LA. Flew to San Diego then walked across the border, took a cab to the Tiajuana airport and rented a car and drove down Baja for a couple hours to Mexican wine country. It ain't Napa, but it's not bad. Then dropped the car off back at the airport, walked back across and rented a car and drove to LA. What a shithole. Bums everywhere, feces on the street, needles everywhere, etc. Just kidding. It was very clean everywhere we went, including driving up thru Compton and El Segundo, never mind Westwood, Hollywood, Silver Lake, etc, etc. Every other car was either a Tesla or a Ferrari (well, not quite, but there were plenty). Had lunch with one of the MIF's friends, she's a high school teacher, she just bought a house (900 sq. feet on a quarter acre) for $750K. Saw apartments listed as "Starting at $1.2 million." I think reports of California's demise have been greatly overstated...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:26 am

Every asshole who couldnt find a place to live moved to Austin, TX.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Well, there are about 10 million assholes who have found a place to live. I enjoyed the visit, but goddamn, it takes 45 minutes to drive 5 miles. So fucking congested. But I sure as hell didn't see many poor folks. Fucking 150 bucks for an average lunch with a couple of drinks. Don't get me started on dinner. But they do have some excellent weed dispensaries. All kinds of products. Once again, I brought back a few bottles of THC infused drinks and a few packs of THC gummies. The MIF wrapped them carefully and put them in the middle of the suitcase. Got home and there they sat on top of the pile of clothes, unwrapped and out of the bag they had been in with a note from TSA laying on top: "TSA reserves the right to inspect any bag. Your bag was chosen for one of these inspections. If anything was damaged, we apologize, but TSA is not liable, blahblahblah." I guess they just don't care about this kind of thing anymore. That's progress...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:28 pm

And when we walked back across the border with our luggage in tow, it took about 10 minutes to roll right thru. They barely looked at us, just checked our passports and said welcome back. I'm not saying that we could've had kilos of coke in our bags (we did have to run them thru an X-ray machine), but easily could've had several ounces tucked in a shoe or some shit...

SnoodGator
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by SnoodGator » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:42 pm

hedge wrote:Just got back from Mexico and LA. Flew to San Diego then walked across the border, took a cab to the Tiajuana airport and rented a car and drove down Baja for a couple hours to Mexican wine country. It ain't Napa, but it's not bad. Then dropped the car off back at the airport, walked back across and rented a car and drove to LA. What a shithole. Bums everywhere, feces on the street, needles everywhere, etc. Just kidding. It was very clean everywhere we went, including driving up thru Compton and El Segundo, never mind Westwood, Hollywood, Silver Lake, etc, etc. Every other car was either a Tesla or a Ferrari (well, not quite, but there were plenty). Had lunch with one of the MIF's friends, she's a high school teacher, she just bought a house (900 sq. feet on a quarter acre) for $750K. Saw apartments listed as "Starting at $1.2 million." I think reports of California's demise have been greatly overstated...
Shhh! Don't tell 'em how great it is in Cali

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Some will never believe it irregardless. One thing they all have in common is that they've never been to California and never will. Which is lucky for California...

SnoodGator
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by SnoodGator » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:50 pm

And me and my neighbors.

The Gray Ghost
Senior

Post by The Gray Ghost » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:07 am

I thought we rounded up and shot the last morans who used 'irregardless' years ago.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:05 am

I've been to San Jose, San Diego, San Francisco , Los Angeles, Chula Vista, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Pasadena, Cypress, Anaheim, Santa Monica - probably a host of others I can't think of at the moment.

Never had the desire to live there

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:20 am

You didn't like Yosemite or Lake Tahoe?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:20 am

Bakersfield is probably more your speed...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:24 am

hedge wrote:You didn't like Yosemite or Lake Tahoe?

I liked alot of it, I think Pasadena from a living standpoint was my favorite

but there is alot to dislike about California - and it starts with many of the people living there and their attitudes about America

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 am

I would say many of them moved away from places like Paducah for the same reason...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:50 am

hedge wrote:I would say many of them moved away from places like Paducah for the same reason...
only the gays, and nobody liked Terry anyways