Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Dora
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Dora » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:22 am

I wanted to see what you guys had to say about the Kavanaugh stuff but you've moved on to pain pills & constipation.
Take life with a pinch of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 am

Lmao

Hi Dora. The current scorecard is:

Pro-Kavanaugh: Professor Tiger, Sardis, BigRedMan, aTm, 10ac.
Anti-Kavanaugh: hedge, bluetick, Dukesucks, Rat.

You can see more discussion on Kavanaugh over on PNN, although it has been remarkably muted.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 am

Evil dems trying to make hay over an innocent mischaracterization of "Devil's Triangle." A yuge overreach, and now the blue wave has given way to a red tsunami.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:11 am

Dora wrote:I wanted to see what you guys had to say about the Kavanaugh stuff but you've moved on to pain pills & constipation.
In fairness, I'm not sure we ever got off of that topic...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:12 am

An intern for U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is accused of posting private information about several United States senators.

According to Capitol police, 27-year-old Jackson Cosko is accused of posting private, identifying information online about several Republican senators.

[tweet]1045345104183980034[/tweet]
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:05 am

The Capital Police is racist.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:19 am

I'm not pro-Kavanaugh, I'm just pro-SWM. Yay team whitey! Go go go! Down with the whores and the gays and the minorities!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:55 pm

sounds to me like Kavanaugh was just pretty typical of any of us who came of age in the early 80's.

heavy drinkers trying to get laid

then again, I'm sure Sandra Day O'Connor was a mean dick sucker back in her day too.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:25 pm

"sounds to me like Kavanaugh was just pretty typical of any of us who came of age in the early 80's.

heavy drinkers trying to get laid"

That's probably true as far as it goes, but he does seem kinda like a nerdy dickhead on a personal level. Of course, that's no reason to keep somebody off the supreme court or any other job (aside from the service industry) in and of itself, and I'm not saying he molested this Ford woman or anyone else, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised in the least if he did. He just seems very much like the kind of guy who probably thought that was just something that wasn't that big of a deal when he was that age. Again, not saying he did it, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Also his claim that he didn't get laid until well into college doesn't ring true at all. He was a star athlete at an elite boys school (granted a star athlete at an elite boys school probably wouldn't make second string at a decent public school, but still) and obviously went to plenty of parties where there were also plenty of girls and plenty of alcohol. There's just no way a guy like that didn't get laid in high school under those circumstances, and if he didn't, that's more disqualifying to me than any of the other stuff. OK, I"m kinda kidding about that, but still I think there's no way a guy like that didn't get laid in high school, much less college. Why lie about that?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:44 pm

this is a pretty good article on where it stands right now from the weekly standard

https://www.weeklystandard.com/john-mcc ... aughs-name

A lawyer aiding Debra Katz, Christine Blasey Ford’s lawyer, basically acknowledged as much two weeks ago. “My friend Debra Katz (Katz, Marshall & Banks) is currently representing Christine Blasey Ford,” D.C. lawyer Andrea Caputo Rose wrote in a September 16 email to dozens of women who attended high school in the D.C. area when Brett Kavanaugh did. “Assuming that [Christine Blasey Ford] is telling the truth, the odds are good that there may be other women who had a similar experience, and I am reaching out to you to help find out if this is the case.”

The September 16 email was sent hours after Ford publicly stepped forward in the Washington Post story. But in the 18 days since that email was sent, no other credible allegations of sexual assault against Brett Kavanaugh have emerged. (To repeat: The gang-rape allegations are wild and not credible.)

So a lawyer helping the Blasey Ford legal team sought additional credible assault allegations about Kavanaugh that she said would bolster the case against him—and she came up empty.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:46 pm

hedge wrote:"sounds to me like Kavanaugh was just pretty typical of any of us who came of age in the early 80's.

heavy drinkers trying to get laid"

That's probably true as far as it goes, but he does seem kinda like a nerdy dickhead on a personal level. Of course, that's no reason to keep somebody off the supreme court or any other job (aside from the service industry) in and of itself, and I'm not saying he molested this Ford woman or anyone else, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised in the least if he did. He just seems very much like the kind of guy who probably thought that was just something that wasn't that big of a deal when he was that age. Again, not saying he did it, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did...
to make matters worse, he sounds like a vindictive son of a bitch - and this failed witch hunt is going to bias him against Democrats - and more importantly, liberal hot button issues that make it to the supreme court. He'd already committed to saying that Roe V. Wade was law.

They really rolled snake eyes this time in thinking they could take this guy down with accusations and buy time until the mid terms. Corey Booker has a bullseye on him now too with his "guilt or innocence shouldn't matter at the moment" saying Kavanaugh's temperament is the real issue after his hearings.

I've been at a party where attempted rape occurred and I've been at a party where a guy undressed a girl who was passed out and got caught in the act. In both cases, EVERYONE at the party knew it happened and it wouldn't have been difficult to find someone to support the claims. Did we react to it differently than they do today? I think so and maybe the focus we see today is good for society. But it wasn't uncommon back in my day for a guy to get the shit beat out of him for going to far with someone's sister , girlfriend or neighbor.

That two incidents happened in 1982 and 1985, and if you asked me today everyone who was there by name, who was an eye witness, where it was and what date, there is no way I'd could give you accurate information. I'd only know who the person was that did it, who the person was he did it to and who I was with when I told it happened.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:04 pm

I've never thought that the allegations were credible enough to keep him off of the bench, but I do believe his attitude, emotional demeanor and apparent vindictiveness should keep him off of the bench. Granted, I have never wanted him on the SCOTUS because he is going to side with the government with regards to first, fourth, fifth, sixth and eighth amendment issues, and he's going to side with large corporations against individuals, particularly when it comes to the hoax known as "tort reform."
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 pm

The demeanor thing annoys me. He a US Circuit judge does he have any professional problems with his demeanor? It seems as if his professional conduct is not even in question. If he didn't do it, why wouldn't it piss him off? It would fucking piss me off, and I'm EXTREMELY easy going and laid back professionally. Apparent vindictiveness? Seriously? That's like someone trying to claim that the proof your dog is dangerous and should be put down is because the dog growled at them after they walked up to it sleeping on the porch and whipped it with a belt.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:38 pm

either Kavanaugh is very, very effective at convincing people that know something to say they don't or Ford is a very troubled person being used by the democrats.

maybe those people mentioned as witnesses just thought that 1. they knew that Kavanaugh probably did try to screw Ford at the party but for cultural and societal norms at the time it wasn't a big deal to them, certainly not testifying in front of congress under oath big deal, or 2. They figured he'd get the nomination regardless and didn't want to be in the crosshairs of an angry Potus/Scotus afterwards.

that said, I find it hard to believe that 5 - 8 people could consistently tell a story independently to the FBI that didn't have at least some inconsistency that could drive a wedge into the Kavanaugh storyline.

The NYTimes, in going with the Yale story chose to print it based on a second hand source saying they were convinced it was true because someone told them. And when that source was contacted, claimed no knowledge of the incident at all.

The hatred for Trump is so crazy that its killing the FBI and major journalism outlets.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:44 pm

aTm wrote:The demeanor thing annoys me. He a US Circuit judge does he have any professional problems with his demeanor? It seems as if his professional conduct is not even in question. If he didn't do it, why wouldn't it piss him off? It would fucking piss me off, and I'm EXTREMELY easy going and laid back professionally. Apparent vindictiveness? Seriously? That's like someone trying to claim that the proof your dog is dangerous and should be put down is because the dog growled at them after they walked up to it sleeping on the porch and whipped it with a belt.
I can't imagine a situation in the next say 10 years where his treatment during this doesn't play a role of some kind in his decision making . To think not is to ask him to not be human.

Couple that with someone like Sotomayor who has her own agenda on interpreting the law and its generally accepted as her "prism" of law interpretation and I'd say Kavanaugh is going to be worse for progressive's than Scalia.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:04 pm

I do have a question for DS, and any other attorneys that may be present on something that really confuses me.

If you had a client who gave hours of testimony and even subjected to a bit of a cross examination as well as had submitted a couple theoretically sworn statements to the Senate Judiciary Committee...would you be jumping up and down hollering that your client wants to be interviewed by FBI agents? That seems like insanity to me. If anything it opens the door to giving a different story to a law enforcement agent than you gave to the SJC. It's almost as if Ford is not really who those lawyers are representing.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:53 pm

aTm wrote:The demeanor thing annoys me. He a US Circuit judge does he have any professional problems with his demeanor? It seems as if his professional conduct is not even in question. If he didn't do it, why wouldn't it piss him off? It would fucking piss me off, and I'm EXTREMELY easy going and laid back professionally. Apparent vindictiveness? Seriously? That's like someone trying to claim that the proof your dog is dangerous and should be put down is because the dog growled at them after they walked up to it sleeping on the porch and whipped it with a belt.
Judges are held to a higher standard

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:56 pm

aTm wrote:I do have a question for DS, and any other attorneys that may be present on something that really confuses me.

If you had a client who gave hours of testimony and even subjected to a bit of a cross examination as well as had submitted a couple theoretically sworn statements to the Senate Judiciary Committee...would you be jumping up and down hollering that your client wants to be interviewed by FBI agents? That seems like insanity to me. If anything it opens the door to giving a different story to a law enforcement agent than you gave to the SJC. It's almost as if Ford is not really who those lawyers are representing.
“I represent Mr. So and So with regards to your inquiries seeking to speak with him about your investigation into such and such. As always, I am happy to cooperate and help expedite this process on behalf of my client. Please contact me at...”

Then I tell the client we’re not saying a fucking word or giving them a damn thing.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:36 pm

DooKSucks wrote:I've never thought that the allegations were credible enough to keep him off of the bench, but I do believe his attitude, emotional demeanor and apparent vindictiveness should keep him off of the bench
If you are ever nominated for SCOTUS, and the entire Republican Party and MSM were trying their best to destroy you with a pile of lies, I suspect you would act exactly like Kavanaugh did. Your attitude, emotional demeanor and apparent vindictiveness would include a hail of f bombs and threats to disrmbowel your false accusers. I’m amazed Kavanaugh kept his composure as well as he did. I know I wouldn’t have been able to do as well.