Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 am

The amount of people injured in car accidents according to the CDC is 2.5 million per year. 2.5 divided by 325 million total population is 0.8% which is exactly the same percentage as the home invasion thing.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon May 21, 2018 11:56 am

crashcourse wrote:so if you own a home for 10 years does that mean you have a slightly less then 10% chance your home be invaded while you own that home?

going to London next month

800 murders by stabbing last year in London--I hope that muslim mayor bans knives soon
Well, considering there were 227 stabbing deaths in ALL of the UK in 2017 according to the Guardian, I'm doubting that number 'jest' a little.

And this from The Independent regarding London stabbings THIS year: A total of 29 people have been killed using knives so far in 2018, which started with the murder of four young men during New Year’s Eve celebrations. If the bloodshed continues at the same rate, more than 121 people will be stabbed to death in the capital by the end of the year, a dramatic 50 per cent increase on 2017.

Stay out of dark alleys and don't flash gang signals, crash - you'll be okay. Mind the gap.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 pm

eCat wrote:
Toemeesleather wrote:Crime nor home invasion was ever considered by the authors of the Bill or Rights.
Home invasion by a man in a red coat with brass buttons

Cornwallis surrendered 1781.....BOR written 1789.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Guns bad. Crack good.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Mon May 21, 2018 1:37 pm

What's an order of magnitude among friends?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon May 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Speaking of technology, I thought I saw something where they could encode your fingerprint on your gun so nobody else could fire it but you, but the NRA was totally against it...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon May 21, 2018 3:04 pm

hedge wrote:Speaking of technology, I thought I saw something where they could encode your fingerprint on your gun so nobody else could fire it but you, but the NRA was totally against it...

once smart guns hit the market (if they were to ever gain traction) then it would be low hanging fruit to mandate that everyone get one and the legislate the old guns out - and the NRA would not be willing to take a chance on grandfathering owners or allowing non-smart guns to still be in the marketplace with benevolent politicians.

Another concern is those same politicians who know little about the actual firearm, getting into firearm specifications for safety. The definition of what makes an assault weapon an assault weapon and banned during the Clinton era for example
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon May 21, 2018 4:20 pm

eCat wrote:Bird hunters are much more effective shooting birds with a .308
I’d pay money to watch that.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue May 22, 2018 9:46 am

Going back to Columbine the most common thread is getting a "how to" from the internet.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/santa-fe-high ... d=55311862

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Canada is vigorously enforcing its own immigration rules now that more illegal immigrants are crossing its borders, Reuters reports, granting refugee status to fewer and fewer asylum seekers.

The decision to crack down on illegal border jumpers apparently originates right with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who famously chided American President Donald Trump for closing off the United States' borders to illegal immigrants, and, in a tweet, offered to welcome America's rejected asylum seekers with "open arms."

Once Canada realized precisely what the "open arms" policy would entail — a massive increase in border-jumpers and a huge drain on resources, particularly in the province of Quebec — Canada's government quickly reversed its position, although Trudeau has remained quiet.

Reuters reports that, although illegal immigration is way, way up along Canada's border with the United States, Canada is granting far fewer refugee requests, down 53% from 2017.

Canada screens all asylum seekers who cross into the country at designated border checkpoints. But across the northeastern United States, there are "unofficial" border crossings: towns that straddle the border, roads that run from upstate New York into Quebec, and unprotected forest areas where immigrants can simply cross through to Canadian soil. Once they're through an "unofficial" border crossing, immigrants can request asylum, and the Canadian government promises they may stay in Canada while their case is investigated, sometimes up to two years.

But Canada is denying more of those requests, and to top it off, Canada has quietly sent its ministers into the United States to speak to Haitian and El Salvadoran communities, urging them to stay in the United States and avoid migrating north. A Canadian minister was even dispatched to Nigeria, Reuters says, to persuade the Nigerian government not to encourage travel abroad.

Not exactly "open arms."
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 22, 2018 10:45 pm

So Canada - the country the Left wants to turn the US into - turns out to be a bunch racist xenophobic bigots? Who knew, eh?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed May 23, 2018 11:04 am

Look for Canada to build a "big, beautiful border wall" and have Mexico pay for it. Eh?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 23, 2018 11:55 am

if anyone would benefit from mass immigration its Canada, given that about 90% of its land mass is unpopulated

of course their social services is the reason they can't support it, because of health care, unemployment insurance and other forms of income security, Canada can't afford to import 3rd world country poverty

which is the exact reason why America shouldn't as well.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Thu May 24, 2018 10:02 am

Drumpf has cancelled the Singapore summit...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 24, 2018 10:24 am

I would have been surprised had it happened

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu May 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Now's the time to get your hands on a summit commemorative coin.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu May 24, 2018 1:14 pm

I'd rather have the apology tour commemorative pen.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu May 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Heh heh

Within hours of Trump dropping out of the meeting with Kim, if for no other reason than the NORKS didn't show up for the last joint summit planning meeting, this gets distributed to and reported by Fox. A coincidence of timing? I think not.
The Air Force is integrating the B61 Mod 12 nuclear weapon into the F-35 this year as part of a long-range plan to deploy a nuclear-armed, dual-capable F-35 able to give commanders a wider envelope of precision nuclear attack options.

“Detailed risk reduction activities have been completed ensuring the F-35A is fully compatible with the B61-12 weapon. Planning for Block 4 nuclear certification efforts have begun in anticipation of initial B61-12 integration on the F-35A this year,” Maj. Emily Grabowski, Air Force Spokeswoman, told Warrior Maven.

The most current Mod 12 version has demonstrated a bunker-buster earth-penetrating capability, according to the Federation of American Scientists (FAS).

It makes sense that the F-35 would increasingly be called upon to function as a key element of US nuclear deterrence strategy; in recent months, F-35s deployed to the Pacific theater to participate in military exercises over the Korean Peninsula. The weapons, ISR technology and multi-role functions of the F-35 potentially provide a wide range of attack options should that be necessary in the region.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/05/24/ ... -here.html
That will give Kim something to think about tonight when he's having his usual 12 bowls of Kimchee as a midnight snack.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 pm

Another school shooting today. I guess the good news is that the house that gun came from is probably very safe from home intruders.