Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by SnoodGator » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:26 pm

That was a fun tournament.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:48 pm

sardis wrote:None of you probably noticed that I have had Villanova as my college hoops affiliation when this forum was started. The affiliation is loose because growing up in PA we were more NBA Sixer fans than college hoops. Pitt and Penn State were independent and could care less about their basketball programs. Later on, Pitt decided to improve, Penn State still does nothing so no long term attachment to any program. The only time college hoops garnered interest in our state was Villanova's run in 1985. After that, back to apathy. Couldn't even get excited about the recent two championships in three years. More interested in the Penguins making it three in a row this year and the Pirates 4-0 start.

Eagles did something recently. I read it somewhere.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:18 pm

bluetick wrote:Speaking of underrated....please God do not let those insufferable michiganders win tonight. Puh..leeeze dear eight pound six ounce newborn sweet baby Jesus... Michigan, no way hose A. Nyet.
Don't they get one by default from Louisville vacating the 2013 title?
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:54 am

sardis wrote:Somewhere Rollie is smiling.

None of you probably noticed that I have had Villanova as my college hoops affiliation when this forum was started. The affiliation is loose because growing up in PA we were more NBA Sixer fans than college hoops. Pitt and Penn State were independent and could care less about their basketball programs. Later on, Pitt decided to improve, Penn State still does nothing so no long term attachment to any program. The only time college hoops garnered interest in our state was Villanova's run in 1985. After that, back to apathy. Couldn't even get excited about the recent two championships in three years. More interested in the Penguins making it three in a row this year and the Pirates 4-0 start.
I've rarely noticed you, much less your little list.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:43 pm

UNC the only one with 4
Attachments
Screenshot_20180404-123707.png
Screenshot_20180404-123707.png (142.92 KiB) Viewed 424 times

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 am

Gatto didn't have much insurance when handing out money that the guys saying they represented the kids wouldn't just keep it and think he was an idiot behind his back

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/c ... 0ed25ba87e
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 am

so if you are to believe the general board talk in regards to UK, it would appear Duke has forced Cal's hand.

Cal has told Kevin Knox that if he left to go to the pro's "we wouldn't be able to see the best of Kevin Knox at UK" - like Cal ever gave two shits about that if he had a loaded class coming in next year

While I doubt the kid stays, I suspect Cal has heard the rumblings of fans who started growling that he wasn't paid to put kids in the NBA using UK to create his legacy

so now he's pivoted a bit . While still maintaining the players first recruiting approach, to the fans he is positioning himself more in the "hey, I'd tried to get them to stay"

He also went on to say that he never suggests a player stays or goes , that he simply tells them what he is hearing from the NBA scouts and helps them make an educated decision.

which is horseshit, just last year, Monk, Adabeyo and Fox all said after the loss to UNC , Cal kicked them off the team, told them they were ready and we had players coming in to replace them. He's bragged about tearing up scholarships - all of which is a recruiting pitch of course, but when you get a team like he had this year , ends up with 4 straight losses, swept by UT and UF in the same year and can't beat a 7 seed to advance to the final four, then I guess he realizes its time for a change.

If he ever starts 5 freshmen again after recruiting misses, I'll be first in line to say its time for him to move on.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am

Didn't hear UK fans complaining too much when he was going to FF's like 4 out of 5 years in a row. Cal's approach has always been all or nothing, when it works, everybody is happy and thinks he's a genius, miss the FF 3 years in a row and he's an idiot and better get his act together. Once again, UK fans prove they are the most spoiled, whiny fans in college hoops. Since 2010 there is no doubt that UK's production has been greater than Carolina's, each has won a NC but UK has been to twice as many FF's. But Carolina fans have been very happy, rooting for teams that have multiple upperclassmen that the fans have watched grow and develop and really love them. I can understand why it's not that much fun to watch a whole new crew of players come in that you know will be gone in a few months, you can't really get any feeling for them as people or players, you just hope they win it all so you can have bragging rights. But then Coach K comes in and pulls the rug out from under even that model and let the grumbling begin. UK fans are so proud that they feel like they really have some input in how the program is run, and they probably do, but it's to the detriment of the program, not the benefit. UK fans are why UK hoops is where it's at today, i.e., miserable...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am

hedge wrote:Didn't hear UK fans complaining too much when he was going to FF's like 4 out of 5 years in a row. Cal's approach has always been all or nothing, when it works, everybody is happy and thinks he's a genius, miss the FF 3 years in a row and he's an idiot and better get his act together. Once again, UK fans prove they are the most spoiled, whiny fans in college hoops. Since 2010 there is no doubt that UK's production has been greater than Carolina's, each has won a NC but UK has been to twice as many FF's. But Carolina fans have been very happy, rooting for teams that have multiple upperclassmen that the fans have watched grow and develop and really love them. I can understand why it's not that much fun to watch a whole new crew of players come in that you know will be gone in a few months, you can't really get any feeling for them as people or players, you just hope they win it all so you can have bragging rights. But then Coach K comes in and pulls the rug out from under even that model and let the grumbling begin. UK fans are so proud that they feel like they really have some input in how the program is run, and they probably do, but it's to the detriment of the program, not the benefit. UK fans are why UK hoops is where it's at today, i.e., miserable...
oh horseshit, you guys were grumbling about Roy until you went to two straight title games. Ain't nobody listening to that we're happy and you guys are spoiled garbage

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:39 am

eCat wrote:
If he ever starts 5 freshmen again after recruiting misses, I'll be first in line to say its time for him to move on.
Nope, you'll have to get in line behind me. Good to see you're finally coming around to see the 'real' Calipari.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:18 pm

crotch wrote:
eCat wrote:
Nope, you'll have to get in line behind me. Good to see you're finally coming around to see the 'real' Calipari.
I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, we always knew he talked alot of bullshit that was geared toward recruiting, but at some point it got to where he was more focused on getting these kids a million dollar paycheck than he was creating a sustainable strategy toward competing. At the end of the day, the reality is he cannot have a competitive program starting 5 freshmen, no matter how good they are - and there is nothing in our history or any other program's success that should lead him to believe that.

I think this years team was a combination of this idea of keeping scholarships in his pocket thinking a 5 star will fall out of the sky and this mentality that if you stick around here for 3 years you are a failure. When we have Humphries choosing to play in an Australian league rather than play for UK , something is wrong. Then we see Matthews playing in the title game as a primary player for Michigan, Wiltjer playing well for Gonzaga, Lee for Calfornia, etc

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Slimy

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:20 pm

hedge wrote:Didn't hear UK fans complaining too much when he was going to FF's like 4 out of 5 years in a row. Cal's approach has always been all or nothing, when it works, everybody is happy and thinks he's a genius, miss the FF 3 years in a row and he's an idiot and better get his act together. Once again, UK fans prove they are the most spoiled, whiny fans in college hoops. Since 2010 there is no doubt that UK's production has been greater than Carolina's, each has won a NC but UK has been to twice as many FF's. But Carolina fans have been very happy, rooting for teams that have multiple upperclassmen that the fans have watched grow and develop and really love them. I can understand why it's not that much fun to watch a whole new crew of players come in that you know will be gone in a few months, you can't really get any feeling for them as people or players, you just hope they win it all so you can have bragging rights. But then Coach K comes in and pulls the rug out from under even that model and let the grumbling begin. UK fans are so proud that they feel like they really have some input in how the program is run, and they probably do, but it's to the detriment of the program, not the benefit. UK fans are why UK hoops is where it's at today, i.e., miserable...
Somebody shoot me because i agree with Fartface.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:23 pm

eCat wrote:
crotch wrote:
eCat wrote:
I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, we always knew he talked alot of bullshit that was geared toward recruiting, but at some point it got to where he was more focused on getting these kids a million dollar paycheck than he was creating a sustainable strategy toward competing. At the end of the day, the reality is he cannot have a competitive program starting 5 freshmen, no matter how good they are - and there is nothing in our history or any other program's success that should lead him to believe that.

I think this years team was a combination of this idea of keeping scholarships in his pocket thinking a 5 star will fall out of the sky and this mentality that if you stick around here for 3 years you are a failure. When we have Humphries choosing to play in an Australian league rather than play for UK , something is wrong. Then we see Matthews playing in the title game as a primary player for Michigan, Wiltjer playing well for Gonzaga, Lee for Calfornia, etc
Agree with that too. Hey, i don't play favorites.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:58 pm

do any of you guys remember what I posted as before I changed my name to eCat?

Was there anything between eCat and ChurchofBBall?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Who's eCat?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:11 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:26 pm

I was talking to Mojocat on rivals, he brought this up

which led to this

http://www.reminger.com/attorneys-Gregory-Metzger.html

"From a very young age, my parents instilled into me the values of honesty "....

Honors & Recognitions

Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine ....LMAO!!!! That sounds absurd

which led to me finding this....

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/corron/Mecca.html

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:30 pm

All I remember is ChoBB, which was a terrible moniker