Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Now Greenfield won't be invited to any Winter Solstice parties thrown by any journalist.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:If the stock market tanked on Friday because they interpreted the Flynn announcement would bring down Trump, they don't seem to be worried about that today:

Stocks Rally to Record Highs on Passage of Senate Tax Bill

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... ar-BBGaRXS

Why do you lie Tick?

You were wise not to take me up on my tagline bet challenge.
No lie, I merely posted an article in the hopes that you'd reprise your derangement/Wiley Coyotee bleatings. Mission acomplie. You ignored my UP! UP! UP! forecast but that's what you do. heh

Me and the little woman have killed it stock-wise since election night 2016, as I'm sure you have too. Bought that new boat last March with some of those newly minted trumpbucks - sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

Rally Peak? Dow Could Easily Top 30,000 - USAToday https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 913837001/

No sense in taking a breather now, eh prof?
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

10ac
Senior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Tick, so what do you think of Phil as AD? Will his ego get in the way? He started this downward slide, IMO.
Let 'er Blow!

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:19 pm

After beating the bushes/turning down offers for the perfect fit for the last 10 years, phat phil finally found it.....leave him alone.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:12 pm

10ac wrote:Tick, so what do you think of Phil as AD? Will his ego get in the way? He started this downward slide, IMO.
We paid him 6 mil to go away - seems to me we're due a refund.

I wanted Blackburn.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Cletus and Tick, you should read this article, in the liberal “The Atlantic,” by an author who is a liberal journalism professor, at the liberal City University of New York:

The Odds of Impeachment Are Dropping
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... nt/547358/

He nails it. NOBODY who voted for Trump is anywhere close to dumping him. This whole thing is being recognized for what it is: an investigation you would expect from North Korea or Russia. Whatever they come with, it will not be accepted as real by about half the country.
Correct: From the notorious alt-right white supremacist screed, WaPo:

12 Months Later Trump Would Probably Still Win the 2016

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... -election/
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:04 am

You gotta stop responding to your own posts, mister president. Please.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:31 am

I knew you’d like that,..

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:24 am

For half a year the Trump gang denied collusion, then came news that the Don Jr-Kushner-Manafort meeting with the roomful of Russians was going to break - and then the story changed to "collusion isn't illegal."

In keeping with the shifting-sands theme, the "didn't obstruct justice" claim has now morphed into "a president can't obstruct justice," due in part to Trump's tweet about being aware of Flynn's FBI lies. Or the tweet 'transcribed' to Trump by his lawyer (lie big or go home, right?). Donnie knew all of Flynn's story as he was unsuccessfully begging Comey to look the other way. Then the FBI director got the axe over the "Rush-her thing." And nobody at the WH can keep their story straight...can it possibly get any better than this?

Maybe not, but Manafort breaking his probation by conspiring with a Russian as late as last Thursday just adds another ring to this incredibly entertaining circus. It is truly a good time to be alive (even if you live in Guam or Hawaii - at least thru Xmas).

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Speaking of circus, how's everything at the Clinton Foundation, still doing the lord's work?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Speaking of circus, how's everything at the Clinton Foundation, still doing the lord's work?
Funny you should ask. Apparently they're doing better than the one's under indictment for cheating.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-c ... wn-2017-11

The Donald J. Trump Foundation, President Donald Trump's charitable foundation, said it's shutting down after it admitted in 2016 that it had violated federal rules on "self-dealing," NBC News reported Monday.

The foundation admitted to violating the self-dealing law, in which a nonprofit's leaders, such as Trump or his agents, are prohibited from channeling funds to their businesses, families, or themselves, NBC News said.

In a 2015 tax filing, the foundation acknowledged that it had violated the self-dealing law

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Big news there tick.....YUGE!!ll

For years, Trump himself was the Trump Foundation’s only source of money: Between 1987 and 2006, he donated $5.4 million.

But by the end of 2006, Trump had given away almost all the money he had put in — leaving just $4,238 in the foundation’s coffers. His giving abruptly shrank and then dried up: Trump gave $35,000 in 2007, $30,000 in 2008 and then no donations at all after that, tax records show....

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman ordered the foundation to stop soliciting contributions in October 2016, and Trump later announced that he intended to dissolve the foundation in order to avoid conflicts of interest, NBC News reported at the time.

Yes, the same Schneiderman who endorsed the PAH, tried his best to get in her good graces, since at the time they were SURE she would be the next prez......but hey, tak'em where you can get'em, comparing the (billions $$) money laundering/political influence buying Clinton Foundation to a charitable one (a few million $) because it's Trump. Good call.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:29 pm

"Trump gave $35,000 in 2007, $30,000 in 2008 and then no donations at all after that, tax records show...."

Trump's tax records? LOL...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:46 pm

The farce continues: the guy on Mueller’s team who got caught expressing his views and those of his teammates about Trump was the same guy who investigated Hillary’s email crimes. Even though Peter Strozk was supposed to be investigating Hillary, he instead decided to do a little pro bono legal defense work for her by changing the wording of Comey’s report. Apparently Comey didn’t realize that his original wording “grossly negligent” was a crime while “extremely careless” got her off.

Not that Hillary needed any help. Comey wrote up her exoneration before she was even interviewed. Moreover, none of her co-conspirators, like her IT people who set up her illegal home brew server, had their home doors kicked down and their families terrorized by the cops in the middle of the night like they did to Manafort.

This Strozk is quite a character; he was part of an investigation of Hillary where there was a mountain of evidence proving her guilt, yet it is now clear she was going to be cleared, no matter what. On the other hand, Strozk was on another investigation of Trump, where there isn’t a shred of evidence indicating his guilt, but they are going to pin something - anything- on him, no matter what. This is precisely the kind of legal process I was comparing to the justice systems of North Korea and Russia. This is a all a disgusting charade.

PS Since Comey’s reason for letting a blatantly felonious Hillary go was “she didn’t mean to do it,” shouldn’t Manafort and Flynn be let off the hook if they just say they didn’t mean to do it?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 am

Professor Tiger wrote:PS Since Comey’s reason for letting a blatantly felonious Hillary go was “she didn’t mean to do it,” shouldn’t Manafort and Flynn be let off the hook if they just say they didn’t mean to do it?
Flynn flipped, so he IS being let off the hook. Manafort otoh must be doing the calculus on the odds of a presidential pardon (don't count on a Prez Pence, heh).

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 am

It would be hilarious if the dems get control of Congress in 2018 and Trump and Pence both get the boot shortly after, so that the dem speaker of the house would become president. Some of Trump's supporter's heads would explode. Actually, I bet a few of them would unlock their arsenals and explode the heads of others. That wouldn't be hilarious...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Or Trump could just pardon himself and everybody else. Talk about head explosions on the Left if he did that.

In other news, say goodnight, douche:

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articl ... 12739.html

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Also, in other news, John Conyers’ most recent accuser says he slipped his hand up her skirt in church. Heh...

Nancy Pelosi called for John Conyers to resign. Who knew that Nancy is such a flaming racist?

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Also, in other news, John Conyers’ most recent accuser says he slipped his hand up her skirt in church. Heh...

Nancy Pelosi called for John Conyers to resign. Who knew that Nancy is such a flaming racist?
And, there has been a lot of calls from Democratic senators and the DNC for Al Franken to resign. Looks like he will tomorrow. In the meantime, Donald Trump is president and the RNC is doubling down on their support for Roy Moore. Quite a contrast.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 pm

gee what a surprise

blomberg retracts Mueller subpoena story

https://t.co/ANE7i8Wnh0